'Highest ever profit by English Club' - Guardian on us

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

have you ever stopped to consider how you come across?
glass houses, and all that.
Literally couldn't care less. I act the same here i as i do in real life. If i see people talking bollocks in real life, i call them out. As i do here. If i see somebody acting a cunt in real life, i call them out.
The only difference is, people are far braver with the anonymity of the internet. When i say to someone they're being a dick in real life, they tend to realise, and stop. But for some reason as soon as people are sat at a computer they seem to get the impression they're never wrong.

And thats not to say I'm not wrong, or that I'm maybe not going about it in the best way. But why should i change who i am because some strangers on the internet can't handle a few naught words coming their way? If i can be big enough and man enough to take it on the chin, why can't a bunch of much older and therefore surely more mature, wise and intelligent people do the same?

The bit that makes me laugh is the "old man" comments, as if young men making carping comments about age as if it were a human failing. I did it - and now here I am getting it back, mostly its just funny - as it shows a limitation in peoples ability to be rude without any innovation.
The other thing that is really funny is the perception that you have learned nothing as you walk through life - and that the new generation of humans have invented everything thats good, whilst we simply see everything in black and white and want to keep slaves.
Oh that and the fact that you must obviously be suffering from senile dementia and be infirm.
I always know when I'm getting the upper hand in any debate or discussion when that stuff gets trotted out (along with the cunt factor rising exponentially)
and the world turns one more time........
If you're getting called an old man, its probably because thats how you come across. When i call you an "old man" its because you've said something that makes you come across as being ignorant to the world in the present day. Same with greaves. Don't get so pissy about it. Im sure when you were 20, you spoke to your grandad and realised he didn't fully understand what life was like for you at that time because he was looking at it from an entirely different perspective. Its no different to having a nan that says something a bit racist every now and again. Times change. People change. It seems to me like you take such offence because of a refusal to accept you are an old man. Just accept it, embrace it and enjoy it. If you say things were better in the 70's fine. Just accept the the rest of us are going to say "thats nice old man, but its 2015 now so thats completely irrelevant"

Well said Mick. It is absolutely wrong to attack people just because they're of 'advanced years'. :)
Judge by what people say, not by the calendar.

Of course my age almost certainly does mean I look at Spurs in a different way to someone much younger than me, and both parties have to make respective allowances for different perceptions.

I remember the 'Tottenham Way' as buying success, buying the glamour stars/big price tickets like Blanchflower, Greaves, Smith, Mackay, Jones, Gilzean, Chivers, even as late as Gazza, Waddle and Lineker.

When we were one of the main players, a world ahead of Chelsea and City. When indeed in the 60s we were far more glamorous and successful than Woolwich (5 trophies to their zero).

So for sure I'm liable not to as happy with one League Cup in 15 years under ENIC as maybe some of the younger ones, who have never seen us as being the glamour team of London and a real powerhouse in English football.
We haven't won the league for 54 years. Its nothing to do with the calendar and everything to do with what you say. You show a complete lack of understanding of modern football. You say its unacceptable we've won 1 trophy in 15 years because you're comparing it to a very different time. And its the fact you don't understand this that makes you sound like an old idiot. The age thing is purely because 1) you experienced a different time and therefore expect everything to still be the same and 2) because you are older, you seem to think that makes you better, and that your opinion holds more weight. You support your arguments by saying things like "Well i saw us in the 60's when blah blah blah". You're the footballing equivalent of a racist nan. Sat in the corner of the pub moaning about how many "darkies" there are in the pub nowadays and how you didn't used to have any of that in your day.

Literally couldn't care less. I act the same here i as i do in real life. If i see people talking bollocks in real life, i call them out. As i do here. If i see somebody acting a cunt in real life, i call them out.
The only difference is, people are far braver with the anonymity of the internet. When i say to someone they're being a dick in real life, they tend to realise, and stop. But for some reason as soon as people are sat at a computer they seem to get the impression they're never wrong.

And thats not to say I'm not wrong, or that I'm maybe not going about it in the best way. But why should i change who i am because some strangers on the internet can't handle a few naught words coming their way? If i can be big enough and man enough to take it on the chin, why can't a bunch of much older and therefore surely more mature, wise and intelligent people do the same?
Because we are intelligent enough to realise that being an offensive oaf is generally disliked by everyone - except the offensive oaf.
Anyone can be blunt and rude, and its not an endearing way to behave. It simply shows how ignorant you are of peoples feelings, your stupidity and the depth of arrogance that you display in believing that your opinions are the only ones that are worth having or worth airing.

Criticising people for blocking other posters simply highlights your problem, you thrive on being rude, ignorant and offensive. Some of us prefer a quieter life and just to talk to the people we can have an adult dialogue with. If people can't do that - put them on ignore and talk to the people you want to discuss things with - its what everyone does in real life. I don't mix with people I don't like or have no regard for the opinions of.

I just have this vision of you sat at home on your own every night, as you seem to have little or no regard for anyone's opinions or their feelings.

The fact of the matter is fairly simple - life is much more pleasant if you talk to people in a good natured and reasonable manner. Not all disagreements have to be settled with a slanging match or a fist fight.

As someone once pointed out to me - you don't HAVE to respond to every post you disagree with. On a similar tack, you don't have to insult someone personally to confront their opinions or view of things.

You have proved in this thread you are quite capable of it.

Last edited:
Because we are intelligent enough to realise that being an offensive oaf is generally disliked by everyone - except the offensive oaf.
Anyone can be blunt and rude, and its not an endearing way to behave. It simply shows how ignorant you are of peoples feelings, your stupidity and the depth of arrogance that you display in believing that your opinions are the only ones that are worth having or worth airing.

Criticising people for blocking other posters simply highlights your problem, you thrive on being rude, ignorant and offensive. Some of us prefer a quieter life and just to talk to the people we can have an adult dialogue with. If people can't do that - put them on ignore and talk to the people you want to discuss things with - its what everyone does in real life. I don't mix with people I don't like or have no regard for the opinions of.

I just have this vision of you sat at home on your own every night, as you seem to have little or no regard for anyone's opinions or their feelings.

The fact of the matter is fairly simple - life is much more pleasant if you talk to people in a good natured and reasonable manner. Not all disagreements have to be settled with a slanging match or a fist fight.

As someone once pointed out to me - you don HAVE to respond to every post you disagree with. On a similar tack, you don't have to insult someone personally to confront their opinions or view of things.

I do talk to people in a good natured manner. I have many friends, a girlfriend, they all find me hilarious. Im the life and soul of the party. Im doing fine Mick, don't you worry about me.

Good to see I'm getting to you though :love: xx

If you're getting called an old man, its probably because thats how you come across. When i call you an "old man" its because you've said something that makes you come across as being ignorant to the world in the present day. Same with greaves. Don't get so pissy about it. Im sure when you were 20, you spoke to your grandad and realised he didn't fully understand what life was like for you at that time because he was looking at it from an entirely different perspective. Its no different to having a nan that says something a bit racist every now and again. Times change. People change. It seems to me like you take such offence because of a refusal to accept you are an old man. Just accept it, embrace it and enjoy it. If you say things were better in the 70's fine. Just accept the the rest of us are going to say "thats nice old man, but its 2015 now so thats completely irrelevant"
Fuck me - its kind of difficult to imagine just how you could sound more like you have you head up your own arse.
I was taught many years ago to "appreciate the situation" when working out how to progress a course of action to carry out a task - and not to "situate the appreciation." If you can't work that out - it means in this case look at whats being said and deal with it - not find fault (peoples age) and then attack the problem from that viewpoint.

How about you don't get so pissy and arrogant about the strength and virtue of your opinions? Maybe you might learn something about football from people who have been watching it long enough to have seen its development, and can work out for themselves where the benefits and progress is. Just remember, not everything that changes, changes for the good.

How the fuck you can equate any of this to some geriatric racist you might have in your family is beyond me - but totally in keeping with your skewed view of things. Maybe, just maybe - its you that has the problem, and not us people over - what? whats your problem age 30, 40 -50?

I think you are also confusing me with other posters, my comments about football years ago was that I thought it was pants in comparison with todays, but I certainly believe that it had virtues that missing from todays more cynical game - certainly in terms of the joy that was gained from watching it.

I do talk to people in a good natured manner. I have many friends, a girlfriend, they all find me hilarious. Im the life and soul of the party. Im doing fine Mick, don't you worry about me.

Good to see I'm getting to you though :love: xx
again with the arrogance
you're not getting to me at all. I'm answering your points and explaining why I think you are wrong.

Are you sure that people are laughing with you - or at you. There's a difference.

Godwins Law.
Adolph Hitler had a girlfriend. People behaved like he was the life and soul of the party
Everyone thinks he was a cunt

As someone once pointed out to me - you don't HAVE to respond to every post you disagree with. On a similar tack, you don't have to insult someone personally to confront their opinions or view of things.

Well said again Mick. And to repeat what I have said before on other threads I have never ever put someone 'on ignore' because they disagree with me. (I have, for example, disagreed with your good self more than once, but we're still talking to each other)

I love to have civilized debates with people who have differing views. Unfortunately some people can't tell the difference between disagreeing and being abusive/rude.

Overwhelmingly the main reason I have people on ignore is because they are rude about me or our players.

I hope this nails the lie that I 'block people' for disagreeing with me, but alas, alack, I have no great hopes on the matter.:thumbup:

Back
Top Bottom