Home match vs Watford - 06/02 - 1500 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gatsby

95:02
Game rolling round thick and fast now, important to keep the run going.

After the solid displays against Palace and Norwich respectively, I wouldn't change the team much. They are all playing for each other, working hard and wanting to win.

Watford can cause more issues than Norwich did, hence the league position, and with Ighalo and Deeney there is always a chance of them scoring.

If the team play like they have been and the with crowd in full voice then I'm confident of a result.

[formation=4231, Lloris, Walker, Alderwiereld, Wimmer, Rose, Dier, Dembele, Son, Alli, Eriksen, Kane][/formation]

Won't be an easy game.

Watford don't have the confidence they had when we last met them but they are a well organised team with two strikers who can cause problems with any defence. I think on our day though we can decimate anyone. We obviously get an extra days rest with Watford playing tomorrow too but I don't know how much effect that really has on a footballer to be honest.

We play before Woolwich and Man Utd so good oppertunity to go 8 points clear of United and even 3 points clear of Woolwich to put pressure on both who are playing away from home. Man City and Leicester is actually the early kick off on the Saturday too so a draw in that game could really put us up for it knowing that a win could see us go into second on goal difference and 3 points off top.

Watford have had their 5 minutes. They are not so cocky or confident these days..play like we did tonight and it will be relatively comfortable.. Let them into the game and it could be a bit scrappy..

2-0 to the football connoisseurs.

A Saturday 3 o'clock kick off ..... whoopee. Means I can have a lie-in and I can still have time in the pub beforehand.
We just need to play our normal game, hope for an early goal, so they don't put 11 men and the bus behind the ball and it should go our way.
I honestly believe that it doesn't matter that much who actually plays, all the members of the squad are more than capable of putting in an effective performance (especially as Fazio is not around).
I'm going for a draw...............:allitongue:

Game rolling round thick and fast now, important to keep the run going.

After the solid displays against Palace and Norwich respectively, I wouldn't change the team much. They are all playing for each other, working hard and wanting to win.

Watford can cause more issues than Norwich did, hence the league position, and with Ighalo and Deeney there is always a chance of them scoring.

If the team play like they have been and the with crowd in full voice then I'm confident of a result.

[formation=4231, Lloris, Walker, Alderwiereld, Wimmer, Rose, Dier, Dembele, Son, Alli, Eriksen, Kane][/formation]
Wouldn't mind either Lamela or Chadli in place of Son - it is good to have such competition for those spots with all players producing goals and assists.

We'd be top of the league if our home form was better, if the support at the Lane is half as good as it is away the camaraderie should pull us over the line.

I hope Gomes gets a good reception as well.

Wouldn't mind either Lamela or Chadli in place of Son - it is good to have such competition for those spots with all players producing goals and assists.

We'd be top of the league if our home form was better, if the support at the Lane is half as good as it is away the camaraderie should pull us over the line.

I hope Gomes gets a good reception as well.

Why do you say that youth? Chadli hardly did anything when he came on. Son was brilliant.

This is a game where we can capitalise on either Leicester or Abu Dhabi or both dropping points and then putting pressure on Woolwich and Manure to get a result in their respective games on Sunday. We need to seize this opportunity

This game is more important than the City game in my opinion. A win here would see us close the gap on Leicester by 2 points, or go into second. United are also away to Chelsea so this fixture can relieve a lot of pressure going into the valentine's day games and that could be what gives us the edge against City.

Leicester at City and Woolwich next two. 6 points out of 6 for us versus Watford and City could see us seize things by the throat among the top 4 so these two games are just huge for us. We need more than a win against Watford, we need another confidence building dominant performance. I'm sure Poch and the boys will be well aware of this and up for it. We were a bit fortunate with the late goal against them at theirs, but really we deserved nothing less and were bossing the game until Ighalo converted a rare chance to pull them level. I don't expect that will be the case second time around. Fairly comfortable 3-1 win.

Back
Top Bottom