Home match vs Watford - 06/02 - 1500 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Apparently the world believes that Leicester will win the title, well we will have a say about that, that's for sure, COYS
Unfortunately we won't have much affect on whether Leicester win the title... by virtue of blowing that 'privilage' in our two games and one point against them!
What we can do, however is lose to City and ArseAnal to help decrease the points gap they have over everyone, but I'd rather we didn't do that... is that what you meant?

I can honestly say, that Leicester even daring to win the League would be the 'feelgood story' of football... and like their style or not, I think every fan of every club (OTHER than those in with a shout of the title) would wish them well... typical that its us that will be tarred as the bad guys if we ruin for the... but fuck it, if need be, then WE MUST BE THE PARTY POOPERS... LET THE POOPING BEGIN!

Every month I have looked a the fixtures and thought 'that's tough,' and every month the team has stepped up.
We still have tough games at Chelsea, Anfield, West Ham and home games against Man U and Woolwich etc.
But teams that we have played twice, like Everton, are in good form. I loved being there yesterday, watching a team playing without fear.
If we keep winning we will be playing twice a week till May. I believe that we will thrive on that.
We are Audering and definitely, absolutely Facering!
COYS! :coys:

Not sure if any of you watch the Sunday Supplement, but one of them has made a very good point.

The public, the media and panellists are all focused on Leicester. Not matter what we do, they talk about Leicester. This is great thing for us as it doesn't add the additional pressure.
Next weekend for example, City vs Spurs is a huge game, but everyone will be talking about Woolwich vs Leicester.

We are just trotting along quietly and the team are handling it brilliantly.

One day we are going to covert the majority of the chances we create and that's when people really will take notice!

Not sure if any of you watch the Sunday Supplement, but one of them has made a very good point.

The public, the media and panellists are all focused on Leicester. Not matter what we do, they talk about Leicester. This is great thing for us as it doesn't add the additional pressure.
Next weekend for example, City vs Spurs is a huge game, but everyone will be talking about Woolwich vs Leicester.

We are just trotting along quietly and the team are handling it brilliantly.
Agree Leicester are favourites. Keep saying it. I think for the first time the players are starting to believe it. Do not underestimate the mental side of the game. Lets see if their players can handle being favourites. It is like a long distance race, the best time to take the lead is in the run in which is still a little way off.

Just think if we had beaten Leicester the other week in the league. 3 points off their total & add 3 to ours...

I know it's "entitled", "ungrateful" & all those other things but that game was the classic smash n grab from them after we outplayed them.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to be sitting second (over the bloody moon if I'm honest) but I can't help feeling a sense of injustice by that result. More so than our other two losses. Manure got lucky & we didn't turn up second half against the magpies.

:carrollwtf:

Thought Kane didn't have the most inspired game, we dominated the match I think much like we did against Everton at home (and you could argue away) - and some other matches that we only drew in - but Alli being confirmed as God - only needing 3 mins to make an impact as he did in 3mins the last match too - gave us the needed final cutting edge ball.

Trippier, as well as Davies looking super - The CB pair 2 shutouts in 2 matches - and an amazing home atmosphere by this renewed belief in our philosophy, and young tantalising team.

Yes I was nervous as hell watching, I think we deserved at least a second goal - and somehow this reminds me of us vs Wolves at home when modric scored and we couldnt get the winner to put us in a top position a few seasons back.

Last Tue I looked forward to MOTD with baited breath as I will tonight. Thanks Spurs, Poch et al.
Alis form is nuts . Imagine what he will be like at 27

Looking at most of the press coverage and as usual they are short changing us, with the main focus on Leicester beating Shitty, staying top and the Bin Dippers having a sulk and walking out of their ground!!! It annoys that we are not being given the credit the club deserves, however upon refection it is Leicester who now has the full focus of those media bastards and we can fly under the radar for a little longer, even if it will be for a couple of weeks at least!

Apparently the world believes that Leicester will win the title, well we will have a say about that, that's for sure, COYS
Leicester are 5 points clear at the top. That's why the media are focussing on them. It's not a conspiracy. That's how the media works.

Just think if we had beaten Leicester the other week in the league. 3 points off their total & add 3 to ours...

I know it's "entitled", "ungrateful" & all those other things but that game was the classic smash n grab from them after we outplayed them.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to be sitting second (over the bloody moon if I'm honest) but I can't help feeling a sense of injustice by that result. More so than our other two losses. Manure got lucky & we didn't turn up second half against the magpies.

:carrollwtf:

Just remember that we fell over ourselves to let Huth score their only goal in that game. Otherwise we would have merely shared the points.

I think every team is worried about playing us more than anyone, maybe as much as Leicester.

We outrun every team, we barely concede, we have the best all round striker in the league, we have the meanest defence and, and.. AND... We have Dele Alli.

City obviously have amazing, world class players.. But they don't seem to be clicking. Their defence is shaky and if you cut off Aguero then you cut off the goal threat.

I'm not saying we'll walk over them, but I honestly think we have more than enough to be capable of beating them.
Valentine's show down should be immense. Whilst city do have more world class players then us they are very mentally fragile at the mo. With Kompany out and the squad being unsettled by the manager announcement we have a great opportunity to press them to death

LC have not shown any signs of wilting. They are favourites (first time I think) and we should allow them to be, let everyone know. We need them to feel the pressure to slip up, they play with so much confidence, without fear. All are still believing they will fall away which suits them. They have a man in charge who is well above their level and they will hang on every word tactically spoken from him and believe. CR is a wise old owl and a brilliant coach. City for me want the CL and the Scum don't know what they want? We are the only contenders. lets see where we are next weekend?

I don't believe anyone can claim, they're favourites by any standard other than the point gap. Which, granted, is significant at this stage, but as much as it's been debated here and elsewhere whether we're a Kane injury away from disaster, I think, it's most definitely the case for Leicester. With a third of the season left, there's no way I'll make a team who has two thirds of their goals from just two players. Combined with their insane conversion rate, their form isn't sustainable.

Back
Top Bottom