Home to Bournemouth - 20th March

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Coming up short of the title will be heartbreaking, but I think challenging for it will give great experience to this young squad.
No matter how this season unfolds, the future looks incredibly bright.
I love how STILL we are under the radar. Fans of all the other big clubs are saying how we should enjoy it now because when Man Utd have Mourinho, Chelsea have a new manager and City have Guardiola it's over for Spurs and we're back to challenging for 4th/5th.

I agree and the ironic part is any of the last 30 odd years I would be over the moon to see Leicester win a title considering others who were in the mix. I think the way we are playing and the direction we are heading in is so exciting. Cutting into the lifetime label of "so spursy" the way we always seem to fuck things up and just are on the end of bad luck. However, the fact that we have our best side in my lifetime and could get pipped by Leicester of all teams IS SO FUCKING SPURSY!
To dream the impossible dream
To fight the unbeatable foe
To bear with unbearable sorrow
To run where the brave dare not go

The Impossible Dream - Yahoo Video Search results

I love how STILL we are under the radar. Fans of all the other big clubs are saying how we should enjoy it now because when Man Utd have Mourinho, Chelsea have a new manager and City have Guardiola it's over for Spurs and we're back to challenging for 4th/5th.
Last season Leicester played like Champions from about January and this season they have done it all season. Tottenham did not start the season playing as we are now. Too many draws for a start. We are now playing like Champions and if we fail to get that it will be because we did not get going early enough in the season.
However there is no reason why if we can start next season playing like we are now that we will have an even better season next season. The other clubs may take a while to get used to their new Managers different playing styles. Leicester will do well to hang onto all their stars in the summer and will have Europe to cope with and may also not repeat this season's league form.
I can see a good case for us doing even better next season

I hate to be the Spectre at the feast, but if any other top 5 club kept winning 1-0, the media would be critical of them.
I thought that they would drop points against Watford, West Brom and Palace. But they caught two of them with their minds on the Cup semi Final, just as Woolwich did with Everton.
Can't understand why good managers can't find a way to beat their system.
Was listening to Football Weekly earlier. They seemed to think that Leicester has won more matches 1-0 in a season than any other team in PL history?

When people admired Leicester last season (and a bit of this season), it was because they played attacking football with a 'we'll score one more than you' philosophy. Fucking hell, there was even the ongoing joke that Ranieri would buy the squad pizza if they could finally keep a clean sheet.
Now? Yuck. Score and defend. And it's not even because their squad is decimated by injuries.

Relax to our perill The Woolwich are off the radar. I want everyone talking about them as titlle contenders. They will be motivated to spoil it for us and IMO are just as much in it as we are.

Was listening to Football Weekly earlier. They seemed to think that Leicester has won more matches 1-0 in a season than any other team in PL history?

When people admired Leicester last season (and a bit of this season), it was because they played attacking football with a 'we'll score one more than you' philosophy. Fucking hell, there was even the ongoing joke that Ranieri would buy the squad pizza if they could finally keep a clean sheet.
Now? Yuck. Score and defend. And it's not even because their squad is decimated by injuries.
Maybe we need to learn from them. Sometimes you just need to get the result regardless of performance (as when against us at WHL).

Last edited:
Maybe we need to learn from them. Sometimes you just need to get the result regardless of performance (as when against us at WHL).
Oh, I absolutely appreciate that there is a time to attack, and a time to defend your lead.

In fact, our lack of fully going for either of those is the main reason we didn't beat Woolwich, in my opinion.

However, Leicester are currently happy to score one goal against teams like Newcastle and Crystal Palace (both of whom are currently terrible) and just sit on that lead.
I think that's a bad idea as the match could easily turn at any moment (see Palace coming so close to equalising in the final minutes), and I know for a fact that we'd be melting down on here if Poch tried the same tactics in those matches.

Oh, I absolutely appreciate that there is a time to attack, and a time to defend your lead.

In fact, our lack of fully going for either of those is the main reason we didn't beat Woolwich, in my opinion.

However, Leicester are currently happy to score one goal against teams like Newcastle and Crystal Palace (both of whom are currently terrible) and just sit on that lead.
I think that's a bad idea as the match could easily turn at any moment (see Palace coming so close to equalising in the final minutes), and I know for a fact that we'd be melting down on here if Poch tried the same tactics in those matches.
Just realised your in Leicester, whats the feeling with people there regarding all this football?

Just realised your in Leicester, whats the feeling with people there regarding all this football?
BBC Radio Leicester sound like they can't believe their luck whenever I put it on in the car!

Well, I can't talk for everyone, as my day-to-day doesn't involve a lot of Leicester fans. Generally, I think the mood has just been a high ever since they turned it around and avoided relegation last season. Obviously, that great form has carried over and continued - but I always get the sense that people just enjoyed it rather than putting too much pressure on the team (so pretty much the anti-Woolwich).

Despite having the title in their hands, I don't sense anywhere near the terror that we can have as a Spurs fanbase.
:lamelashock:

I think there was a certain crescendo that happened when Vardy broke that goals record, and it's almost like the 'favourites for the title' thing has sort of crept up from February (despite Leicester spending so much time at the top of the table).

The owner of my local gives me a bit of stick (as he's a Leicester fan and knows I'm a Spurs fan), but it's all in good nature. And I can definitely say that the Leicester fans in hospitality (I watched the FA Cup replay with them) were a decent lot, and we hoped that one another's teams would do well. They certainly weren't arrogant about their title chances at the time, but were obviously happy with how the season was going!

As I said in the Leicester thread, some of the most annoying people around (if you're watching matches in bars, etc) are fans of other teams who have jumped onto the bandwagon - you get a lot of Liverpool fans doing that from what I've seen.

Oh, and despite jogging in a Spurs training top (damn good quality, by the way) I don't seem to get shit from the locals, though listening to music I have no idea if they mutter 'wanker' at me.
:eriksenlol:

BBC Radio Leicester sound like they can't believe their luck whenever I put it on in the car!

Well, I can't talk for everyone, as my day-to-day doesn't involve a lot of Leicester fans. Generally, I think the mood has just been a high ever since they turned it around and avoided relegation last season. Obviously, that great form has carried over and continued - but I always get the sense that people just enjoyed it rather than putting too much pressure on the team (so pretty much the anti-Woolwich).

Despite having the title in their hands, I don't sense anywhere near the terror that we can have as a Spurs fanbase.
:lamelashock:

I think there was a certain crescendo that happened when Vardy broke that goals record, and it's almost like the 'favourites for the title' thing has sort of crept up from February (despite Leicester spending so much time at the top of the table).

The owner of my local gives me a bit of stick (as he's a Leicester fan and knows I'm a Spurs fan), but it's all in good nature. And I can definitely say that the Leicester fans in hospitality (I watched the FA Cup replay with them) were a decent lot, and we hoped that one another's teams would do well. They certainly weren't arrogant about their title chances at the time, but were obviously happy with how the season was going!

As I said in the Leicester thread, some of the most annoying people around (if you're watching matches in bars, etc) are fans of other teams who have jumped onto the bandwagon - you get a lot of Liverpool fans doing that from what I've seen.

Oh, and despite jogging in a Spurs training top (damn good quality, by the way) I don't seem to get shit from the locals, though listening to music I have no idea if they mutter 'wanker' at me.
:eriksenlol:
Thanks for that, it all sounds pretty tame? I wonder if the mood will change if they fall from grace?

Thanks for that, it all sounds pretty tame? I wonder if the mood will change if they fall from grace?
Lots of passionate fans around who are shitting themselves, I'm sure! But not what I've mostly come across.

Will be very interesting to see how things pan out next year. I do believe their results aren't sustainable based on performances - but then again they'll be able to bring in some damn good players this summer if they want to!

Back
Top Bottom