Home to Swansea. 28-02-16.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gatsby

95:02
Return to Premier League action, and the way we are playing in the league it couldn't come soon enough.

Wouldn't say it's a must win, but if we're looking to stay in the title race then every game we need to be getting a result in. With Woolwich playing United away it could open up a gap if results go our way.

Hopefully another rest for Kane on Thursday, and Lloris back to full fitness.

[formation=4231, Lloris, Trippier, Alderwiereld, Wimmer, Davies, Dier, Dembele, Lamela, Alli, Eriksen, Kane][/formation]

Swansea may be down the bottom, but it'll still be a tough game. They're looking alright under the new manager.

If we can win and open up a gap then we have to start believing. Top 3 is a necessity after being stung before missing out on the CL.

I'd like to say we'd win this but after seeing how we can perform like today I'm not sure. I don't think it will be easy.

Pretty sure we have a game before this which is equally as important.

I'd like to say we'd win this but after seeing how we can perform like today I'm not sure. I don't think it will be easy.

Yeh, I had the Fiorentina match in my thoughts as well.

I may get a few dislikes, but I've always been honest on here.. If we go out on Thursday I won't be too disheartened. I mean Id love to win it but we may not ever get this chance again. But we should always go into each competition to win it.

Yeh, I had the Fiorentina match in my thoughts as well.

I may get a few dislikes, but I've always been honest on here.. If we go out on Thursday I won't be too disheartened. I mean Id love to win it but we may not ever get this chance again. But we should always go into each competition to win it.
You realise we still have the chance of finishing fourth right? and by finishing fourth it doesn't guarantee us Champions League football? - Thursday is the biggest game of our season. We win, we're through. Then we can focus on Swansea.

Meh. The squad balance will be different - and we'll have Lloris and Toby coming back in...

Good thing that we're at home, too. Hoping that Eriksen can rediscover his ability to score from free kicks that he so ably demonstrated in the away match.

Meh. The squad balance will be different - and we'll have Lloris and Toby coming back in...

Good thing that we're at home, too. Hoping that Eriksen can rediscover his ability to score from free kicks that he so ably demonstrated in the away match.
No guarantees Lloris will be back for this one - having Alderweireld back is obviously a big plus though. Dier is a horrid centre half so we'll at least look solid defensively with Dier shielding Wimmer/Alderweireld unlike today where we had zero protection.

No guarantees Lloris will be back for this one - having Alderweireld back is obviously a big plus though. Dier is a horrid centre half so we'll at least look solid defensively with Dier shielding Wimmer/Alderweireld unlike today where we had zero protection.
Bentaleb really didn't cover himself in glory today... pretty much a double-whammy of defensive frailty there.

You realise we still have the chance of finishing fourth right? and by finishing fourth it doesn't guarantee us Champions League football? - Thursday is the biggest game of our season. We win, we're through. Then we can focus on Swansea.

And this is why I said we may not have a chance like this in the league again. Top 4 in the league is almost guaranteed, we need get top 3 which is well within our reach, even top 2.

Sounds weird to say, but we have more chance of winning the league than the Europa League now, in my opinion.

And this is why I said we may not have a chance like this in the league again. Top 4 in the league is almost guaranteed, we need get top 3 which is well within our reach, even top 2.

Sounds weird to say, but we have more chance of winning the league than the Europa League now, in my opinion.
Winning every game should be the teams aim. Today was a pathetic excuse. I want to see the strongest team on Thursday to make up for the shambolic game today. Home fans today should be given a refund and the team should be wanting to make up for it Thursday under the lights and give those fans actually something to cheer about. Struck me that some fans at the game today cared more about booing Adebayor ffs. Palace fans pissed all over the home fans.

It's not the weirdest thing to say... any cup competition is liable to throwing out a freak result where a team somehow doesn't go through despite playing amazingly/dominating. Hell, just think about Chelsea managing to win the CL.

Whereas in the league... yeah, you might get a crazy loss against a team you should beat (or lose to a title rival) but as we know, that doesn't write you off. In short: the 'sudden death' of cups will always give them longer odds.

At least with the european competitions (final aside), we do have the two legs for each fixture to assert our dominance over a team. Looking at the teams left in the EL, you'd think we're one of the stronger ones - so I'd be hopeful of going far.

Winning every game should be the teams aim. Today was a pathetic excuse. I want to see the strongest team on Thursday to make up for the shambolic game today. Home fans today should be given a refund and the team should be wanting to make up for it Thursday under the lights and give those fans actually something to cheer about. Struck me that some fans at the game today cared more about booing Adebayor ffs. Palace fans pissed all over the home fans.

We've had something to cheer about all season! We're second in the league, still in the EL and have a brilliant chance in winning the league. Ok, we won't win the FA Cup, but we may still win the league.

We've had something to cheer about all season! We're second in the league, still in the EL and have a brilliant chance in winning the league. Ok, we won't win the FA Cup, but we may still win the league.
I think we had a better chance winning the FA Cup then we have of winning the league. This is Tottenham. We aren't going to win the league until we're 4 points clear with 1 game left. Even then, I'd still be amazed if we win it.

I think we had a better chance winning the FA Cup then we have of winning the league. This is Tottenham. We aren't going to win the league until we're 4 points clear with 1 game left. Even then, I'd still be amazed if we win it.

1. No team will win the league until they have mathematically won it.

2. You always seem to have moan about Tottenham. Enjoy it instead of moaning about it.

This will be my first match at the Lane this season and looking forward to it.

I would expect a comfortable win here, although they're gonna have to play a damn sight better than today.

Need to win this and need to win on Thursday. A loss in either would have a massive impact on momentum and moral, regardless of "less games to play".

I'd rather the team put up a showing on Sunday than in Europa. Fuck all to Thursday if it means 3 more points in the League. But I think we will win Thursday at home - we have bounced back from disappointing performances well all season, and Poch clearly values the EL.

I'm not happy about today's performance, but we should be able to throw out a EL squad Thursday and come away with a 1-0 result at home. If I was on the team I would want to bury that Italian side and get some momentum going into the weekend. Show everyone today was a fluke.

With Dembele having a groin injury and being subbed off at half time today, I am hoping Poch just brings back the Dier/Alli central midfield partnership and plays Eriksen, Lamela and Son behind Kane.

That has shown to work in the past - I don't want to see Bentaleb or Mason start.

Back
Top Bottom