Home to Swansea. 28-02-16.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just finished watching the highlights (again) what a great performance in the second half.

One thing I love about this team is that I am not worried about falling apart if we have a bad result!

great result today all, just walked up to a massive Gooner in head office and
gave him the fingers felt good too. COYS
j

That's the stuff. Never say die. Press, press, press.

And all the blinders from range......sweet baby jeebus :dierno:

Swansea.....they were fucking pants. I actually don't think they strung more than 4 passes together the entire game, except right after we went ahead. That was the only nervy part for me.

And leave it to Plastic United to finally figure out their shit against the Scum.

Glory days.

COYS

Eh? No it wasn't. Unless you count 1960 instead of 1961. By that rationale, half of the seasons played have been 'in a leap year'.
:pochlol:

Buuuuuut...

THIS.

giphy.gif

Illuminati confirmed.
Well, pedantically :dembelefingers:, it was because a season is not played in one year. It was a leap year season. We won a title in a season that had a leap year(1960) in 60/61 and this year (2016) 2015/16 we have a decent chance.
There have been 13 seasons with a leap year in the last 55 years. Less than half.
Off my head, apart from winning a title, we have also been relegated, won 3 FA cups, a league cup and 2 UEFA cups in the 13 leap year seasons in 55 years.
But it's all bollocks anyway. :)

Last edited:
Love the way Trippier celebrated with the team when Rose scores. Just like he was playing himself. He's been a brilliant professional since he arrived. Never lets us down when he plays and shows the same passion on the bench as he does on the pitch. What a great lad to have in the squad. Proper yid.
I think they all have been the same when not playing and it's not the first time the bench players warming up have joined in with the celebrations.
MP/Staff have done wonders creating a team and squad spirit. It's totally genuine. Probably the main reason why he didn't bring anyone in in January -as he wasn't 100% sure the available option would fit in.
They may be upset about not playing but they are behind the others on the bench and win/lose together - as has been seen by remarks made by some who have not played when we have done either.
MP won't have it any other way, as we have seen with Andros.

That was relentless. What a battering.

Does anyone k ow what the record number of shots a team has had in a PL game?

34 shots yesterday, that's the type of thing you see Barcelona doing.

BTW what's the record for saves made in a game? Their keeper had double figures I think.

That could have a been a blow out score.

Pretty sure the record number of saves was by Tim Krul. Against Spurs of course. The time honoured tradition of shitty keepers having the match of their lives against Spurs (see also: Myhill, Boaz 2011 Jaaskelainen, Jussi, 2014)

I thought they were awful for the first 65, I'm not going to go back and say they were amazing just because we won.

We didn't take our chances and got lucky, I felt.

We mostly played superbly. It was a fucking barrage from us, that the Swans would be extremely lucky to survive. Before the goals it always felt like it was just a matter of time.

After the 2-1 we had a couple of very good chances that were squandered, and a draw then would piss me off. But all in all it was a fantastic performance.

We are the best team in England. Right now. We are one of the best teams in the world. Right now.

Calm down?

if there's one thing we've learn this season, it's that fact that you can't rule out Tottenham.

YES!!!

I'm not into numerology, but turn it upside down and you get 91, we all know about '91. And as for 19... REVENGE!
9+1 = 10 , Kane for top/best goal scorer this season?

Agreed.

WORST possible result midweek is losing to West Ham and Woolwich winning. That STILL puts us ahead of Woolwich thanks to our incredible goal difference and then gives us the opportunity to go and beat Woolwich at home and go 3 points clear again with that better goal difference.

You what? ...lets just play WH and then see where we are. Stop predicting what can happen, we must just think about the next game for US. We only need to worry about the Scum when we play then.

Just finished watching the highlights (again) what a great performance in the second half.

One thing I love about this team is that I am not worried about falling apart if we have a bad result!

So do you feel we will fall apart if we have a bad result?

...is this the same as when we 'reclaimed' the word YID?
Has the meaning of 'Spursy' finally un-officially(ish) been re-defined???

If we have Spursy, do the Scum have Arsy ?

Premier League winners and losers - Football365

Winners

Tottenham and their attacking energy
“It wasn’t our intention to play like this,” Alan Curtis, the Swansea coach, said after the 2-1 defeat to Tottenham. “They just had wave upon wave of attack.”

It was a striking admission from Curtis, but he was left with no choice. Swansea were not just penned back, they were tied up with rope and chains and the padlock key swallowed for good measure. Tottenham had 34 shots, the highest by any team in a Premier league game this season. Mauricio Pochettino’s side also managed 14 on target; no other team this season has beaten 12. Only the heroics of Lukasz Fabianski stopped the scoreline being as embarrassingly one-sided as the match statistics.

Seven of the Tottenham side that face Swansea had played against Fiorentina on Thursday evening, and yet three days later they were not only able to turn in a dominant performance, but also able to cope with trailing 1-0 at half-time.

While their north London neighbours looked sapped of energy and fight after a five-day gap between fixtures, Spurs were the opposite. They completed 603 sprints, the most of any Premier League team this weekend, and covered 122.1km. No other team managed more than 115.4km.

This superhuman physical and mental energy may well run dry before the end of the season, but we’ve been saying that for some time to no effect. In the final stages of their last two league games, it has been Tottenham and not the opposition who has won the points. Someone search Pochettino for his wand and pointy hat; he must be a wizard.

Losers

Woolwich fans
The club, the players and your manager are all making you look like fools. It’ll never change until wholesale changes are made.

For more on Woolwich and their latest bottle job, go to 16 Conclusions.

Mesut Ozil
After the League Cup final, Sarah Winterburn wrote that Liverpool were a 9/10 club with 7/10 leaders. Wonder whether Ozil gets the opposite feeling?

Against United, Ozil did what Ozil does. He scored one, assisted another and created five other chances. The German’s six chances created was more than every other player from both sides combined. He is also now just two away from Thierry Henry’s all-time Premier League assist record, and we’re still in February.

In terms of chances created, the gap between Ozil and third place is the same as the gap between third and 63rd. He is by far and away the best attacking midfielder in the Premier League. If only Woolwich had the strikers to take full advantage.

Ozil’s creative magnificence should be handsomely rewarded. He should be picking up a Premier League winner’s medal in May, and being named PFA Player of the Year. Instead, he’s in danger of (again) having the FA Cup as his biggest hope of a trophy in March.

Ozil is serving up Michelin-starred food for steak and chips strikers. Woolwich supporters must be worried that such a task soon gets tedious.

Theo Walcott
Walcott already got a good kicking in 16 Conclusions, but it really is worth repeating just how terrible his 63 minutes were: ‘No shots, no chances created and six passes completed in 63 minutes. He touched the ball 17 times and managed to lose possession on ten occasions. It would be hard to do worse deliberately.’

Wenger put faith in Walcott for a big game with good reason. Michael Carrick and Daley Blind’s comparative lack of pace made them sitting ducks for a quick forward prepared to play on the last shoulder. Even with both United central defenders dropping deep to counteract the issue, Walcott was expected to make hay. He ended up making his supporters scream.

As Woolwich’s – and thus Wenger’s – longest serving player, Walcott’s own fortunes are entwined with that of his manager; it’s easy to see him being cleared out in the post-Wenger spring clean. On the evidence of Sunday, it can’t come too soon. Like Woolwich, Walcott is unreliable in the most crucial moments. It’s an imperfect recipe for success.

Back
Top Bottom