@ Home vs. Manchester United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How many OMT's have descended into arguments once the game on discussion is over??? .....80%??

....and how long after the final whistle do most of these rows kick-off?

I'd estimate 25 hours on average!!

You don't know me and I don't know you which is fair enough but I've been through everything from shoot outs to prison and aint ever been on my knees even when catching 4 bullets, so an internet clown like you aint nothin to worry about buddy. Anyway I'm sure you'll get a kick out of making afew jokes or calling me a liar but you can rest assured you'd never see me on my knees.

were you juggling with them?

*busy making up fake checks with moleys info* :levyeyes:
lol I'm covered by the direct debit guarantee, so make as many as you like. If I do not make them then they are not allowed to go through. they will initially so if you do don't spend as you'll have to repay the money yourself and it would back fire and be funny.

were you juggling with them?

obviously

lol I'm covered by the direct debit guarantee, so make as many as you like. If I do not make them then they are not allowed to go through. they will initially so if you do don't spend as you'll have to repay the money yourself and it would back fire and be funny.

I wouldn't know were to start tbh check fraud is for computer wiz kids and thieving cunts...

I, like you, was blaming Dawson, but watching it back it was actually our much-loved and defended Rags that was chasing Welbeck when Lloris decided to take matters into his own hands.

EDIT - Or not, as was the problem! :llorisserious:
His referring to when welbeck ran around daws like he was nothing, not the penalty incident..

I thought we were excellent on Sunday. Here's

To start at the back -

Lloris was one of our worst players on the day. He looked vulnerable from corners, and of course gave away the penalty, which was without doubt a penalty, but I felt needless. Welbeck was running away from goal and you just knew he was looking for it. Given Dawson was 'with him', Hugo should've stayed between the posts. The fact he wasn't sent off was confirmation he wasn't the last man, so why take the risk?
Bad decision making, cost us 2 points I feel.

Defensively we were generally sound, but we seem to be making a habit of fannying around at the back under pressure and causing ourselves some real headaches unnecessarily. This needs to stop, or we're going to give away some really silly goals, and we know that without the ball, we are hard to break down, so don't make it easy!!

I don't buy that Dawson was culpable for the second goal, though I do agree with the general consensus that he should not be starting when all our CB's are fit. Walker should take responsibility for both goals I feel.

The first - his lack of anticipation. To watch the ball float over players' heads but fail to anticipate and react was not good enough.
The second - the ball breaks around the Utd box, and Walker feels that, 40 yards away, he has a 50/50 chance of getting to the ball, which is probably true, BUT, we are 2-1 up. He doesn't need to go marauding up the pitch to try and win that ball. The risk outweighed the gain. He lost the ball, left us short at the back, and they won a penalty.

That said, I do think Walker is an excellent right back, but he needs to cut out these mistakes.

The midfield was far different in this game. You could see the freedom Dembélé and Paulinho had, and they supported the attack well, leaving Sandro to sit in front of the defence should Utd break. This worked really well I thought. We were more direct, moving the ball forwards, making runs, finding space, using decoys. Lennon was excellent in the first half on the right. He was refreshing to watch. Chadli was a safe bet on the left, nothing spectacular, but nothing silly either. He's comfortable in possession and keeps the ball moving.
The more attacking and free-flowing midfield was great to see, but definitely left us more open at the back. It was disappointing to concede two goals at home.

Finally, Soldado. Everyone I speak to seems to focus purely on his goal tally, which simply doesn't offer a fair assessment of the boys' contribution. He was dropping into space and slipping in the wingers, leaving space behind him for Paulo and Moose, linking up play, getting involved, 1 and 2 touch passes. As long as he isn't a passenger, he can stay up top as far as I'm concerned.

Play like that against Fulham - 3 points.

I've saw this game, and I agreed with you, except, that for me it was not a penalty... I think that the guy 'jumps' before the contact... he fordes the contact... for me, it was nothing, but i acceptd the call from the ref.

I think that was a great game and I liked the Spurs... IMHO, i don't like the tatics... I think it is a waste to let Soldado by himself at the center... Chadli and Lennon was very strong in defending the sisdes of the opposite team... Although, this way gave more freedon to Paulinho and Dembele...

I really prefer a standard 4-4-2, with Sandro and Dembele, Paulinho and a CM and Soldado +1 (I think that Lamela cand be this second scorer, opening spaces for Soldado and midfielders).

I don't like this Walker guy (I am new watching Suprs games, so I don't know him a lot) I think that there is a lack of Football IQ in this guy... he scored, ok, he is very athletic but kind of dumb... I put in his back the second goal also...

I will try to watch more games and try to improve my knowledge and comments, to be fair to every player.

I've saw this game, and I agreed with you, except, that for me it was not a penalty... I think that the guy 'jumps' before the contact... he fordes the contact... for me, it was nothing, but i acceptd the call from the ref.

I think that was a great game and I liked the Spurs... IMHO, i don't like the tatics... I think it is a waste to let Soldado by himself at the center... Chadli and Lennon was very strong in defending the sisdes of the opposite team... Although, this way gave more freedon to Paulinho and Dembele...

I really prefer a standard 4-4-2, with Sandro and Dembele, Paulinho and a CM and Soldado +1 (I think that Lamela cand be this second scorer, opening spaces for Soldado and midfielders).

I don't like this Walker guy (I am new watching Suprs games, so I don't know him a lot) I think that there is a lack of Football IQ in this guy... he scored, ok, he is very athletic but kind of dumb... I put in his back the second goal also...

I will try to watch more games and try to improve my knowledge and comments, to be fair to every player.

:walkercry:

His referring to when welbeck ran around daws like he was nothing, not the penalty incident..
That was a circumstantial thing, if you play the game then it will have happened to you at some time - Daws got taken out by a piece of skill, something mirrored later in the game when JD pulled almost exactly the same move on Vidic.
You should be praising Welbeck rather than painting Dawson as a donkey

Damn right, because people that get hit with 4 bullets die, so unless you are typing this via Whoopi Goldberg, then that would be the only way.
Air/BB guns don't count.

actually mick they all don't, but the 3rd one of the 4 almost killed me hitting the brachial artery in my upper left arm causing a good bit of blood loss. I managed to stay concious though and luckily also there were some Mexican construction workers nearby who called the paramedics and gave me some juice lol

anyway that was over 10 years ago

actually mick they all don't, but the 3rd one of the 4 almost killed me hitting the brachial artery in my upper left arm causing a good bit of blood loss. I managed to stay concious though and luckily also there were some Mexican construction workers nearby who called the paramedics and gave me some juice lol

50+Cent+50cent.jpg

Hmm
my exposure to people being shot is limited to the Falklands and people died pretty much every time they took multiple hits, unless they were in their hands or whatever. Never heard of anyone taking 4 and surviving
The shock alone would kill, let alone blood loss.
I'm not a doctor, or a medic so I'm a long way from being an expert, but it sounds like a whole pile of bull to me. Taking one in the torso would pretty much guarantee a kill outside of a transfer to a major trauma unit within minutes of being struck, unless it was a richochet where the velocity of the round was spent before impact. All the shit you see on TV is mostly bollocks - because when you get hit there's usually a small entry hole and fucking enormous exit wound, caused by the bullets tumbling as they enter and having the effect like twirling spaghetti on a fork as tissue and bone get wrapped up on the rolling bullet.
The destruction is massive, so the likelihood of survival from 4 rounds is negligible, unless they went through your hands and feet.

That was a circumstantial thing, if you play the game then it will have happened to you at some time - Daws got taken out by a piece of skill, something mirrored later in the game when JD pulled almost exactly the same move on Vidic.
You should be praising Welbeck rather than painting Dawson as a donkey
going to have to disagree with you here again, if dawson had got turned inside out by a feint, or a dribble etc i wouldnt have had that much of an issue with it..welbeck simply ran around him. Welbecks certainly not the fastest player daws will come up against and its highlights a serious problem in his athletic ability. Now sure the Vidic's, John Terry's of the world are slow too but they have something Dawson dosnt, GOOD JUDGEMENT. (in terry's case I mean on the field)
Mick I dont want to come accross as a dawson hater...i dont have a dawson vendetta i simply dont rate him that highly based on his performances..

going to have to disagree with you here again, if dawson had got turned inside out by a feint, or a dribble etc i wouldnt have had that much of an issue with it..welbeck simply ran around him. Welbecks certainly not the fastest player daws will come up against and its highlights a serious problem in his athletic ability. Now sure the Vidic's, John Terry's of the world are slow too but they have something Dawson dosnt, GOOD JUDGEMENT. (in terry's case I mean on the field)
Mick I dont want to come accross as a dawson hater...i dont have a dawson vendetta i simply dont rate him that highly based on his performances..
It seems to be a bit of a hobbyhorse, I have to say. I don't hold anything against you for it, he isn't he best central defender at the club, and with everyone fit and on form - I wouldn't pick him. BUT - he does add something to the team, beyond his playing abilities, the players look to him on the pitch and nobody would doubt his ability to lead by example when it comes to effort.
My only gripe is things like the city game where he was being targeted because he was close to players who scored, rather than people looking at the players who left him in the lurch.

Oh - and look again at how Welbeck got past him, it was far cleverer than you seem to realise. What was really impressive to me was seeing JD pull almost the same trick on Vidic

Hmm
my exposure to people being shot is limited to the Falklands and people died pretty much every time they took multiple hits, unless they were in their hands or whatever. Never heard of anyone taking 4 and surviving
The shock alone would kill, let alone blood loss.
I'm not a doctor, or a medic so I'm a long way from being an expert, but it sounds like a whole pile of bull to me. Taking one in the torso would pretty much guarantee a kill outside of a transfer to a major trauma unit within minutes of being struck, unless it was a richochet where the velocity of the round was spent before impact. All the shit you see on TV is mostly bollocks - because when you get hit there's usually a small entry hole and fucking enormous exit wound, caused by the bullets tumbling as they enter and having the effect like twirling spaghetti on a fork as tissue and bone get wrapped up on the rolling bullet.
The destruction is massive, so the likelihood of survival from 4 rounds is negligible, unless they went through your hands and feet.

tbh I don't care if you believe me or not as I've nothing to prove to you but I'll indulge you with one more post on the subject nonetheless. They weren't all at once 2 in March '03 and 2 in Aug '03. The 2 in March were flesh woulds and nothing serious, one on the hip and one on the other thigh from a .380 with regular bullets I dropped that cunt with a .38 hollow tip to the gut and wasn't charged with anything as it was clear self defense as he'd dumped a whole clip first. Adrenaline had kicked in and I didn't even know I'd been hit until after.

The 2 in August were much worse, well one of them. The main one being the upper arm which was a .40 cal hollow tip at point blank range that damn near blew my whole arm off. The other was another flesh wound to the hip that again with adrenaline kicked in and my arm flapping around like a fish outta water I didn't even feel. I kept pressure on the arm and stayed calm to try and not spas out and go into shock. Goes without saying movies are all bs and I learnt all about nerve damage and arteries after it. Also in government wars usually the caliber of weapon is far bigger than a hand gun usually a 7.62 AK round that would do major damage.

tbh I don't care if you believe me or not as I've nothing to prove to you but I'll indulge you with one more post on the subject nonetheless. They weren't all at once 2 in March '03 and 2 in Aug '03. The 2 in March were flesh woulds and nothing serious, one on the hip and one on the other thigh from a .380 with regular bullets I dropped that cunt with a .38 hollow tip to the gut and wasn't charged with anything as it was clear self defense as he'd dumped a whole clip first. Adrenaline had kicked in and I didn't even know I'd been hit until after.

The 2 in August were much worse, well one of them. The main one being the upper arm which was a .40 cal hollow tip at point blank range that damn near blew my whole arm off. The other was another flesh wound to the hip that again with adrenaline kicked in and my arm flapping around like a fish outta water I didn't even feel. I kept pressure on the arm and stayed calm to try and not spas out and go into shock. Goes without saying movies are all bs and I learnt all about nerve damage and arteries after it. Also in government wars usually the caliber of weapon is far bigger than a hand gun usually a 7.62 AK round that would do major damage.
Ok

Back
Top Bottom