How can Levy convince Kane to stay?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

One interesting snippet from the interview was Kane saying how one or two signings can completely transform a team and referencing Liverpool with Van Dijk.

Is there anything Levy could present that would convince Harry we will be competitive next season?

I think our problems run deeper than one or two signings. Even if we somehow signed a world class centre back (who?) I don't think we start competing instantly.

We lack quality in too many areas of the squad and we have a core group of losers bringing bad vibes.

If we could get Sissoko, Winks, Aurier, Dele, Sanchez and Dier out in one window and bring in three high level players: a right back and centre back are vital and another class attacker to shake things up.

If we average out those three signings at 50-60m each we are approaching 180m. We are obviously not going to do this in one window.

Harry is not interested in another 3 year project so I fear just Levy saying we'll get Potter in and get all the shit out of the club in the next couple of windows will not be sufficient.

As with us fans, I'm afraid that for Kane too that ship has sailed. Levy has fucked up way too many times now to trust in him.

One interesting snippet from the interview was Kane saying how one or two signings can completely transform a team and referencing Liverpool with Van Dijk.

Is there anything Levy could present that would convince Harry we will be competitive next season?

I think our problems run deeper than one or two signings. Even if we somehow signed a world class centre back (who?) I don't think we start competing instantly.

We lack quality in too many areas of the squad and we have a core group of losers bringing bad vibes.

If we could get Sissoko, Winks, Aurier, Dele, Sanchez and Dier out in one window and bring in three high level players: a right back and centre back are vital and another class attacker to shake things up.

If we average out those three signings at 50-60m each we are approaching 180m. We are obviously not going to do this in one window.

Harry is not interested in another 3 year project so I fear just Levy saying we'll get Potter in and get all the shit out of the club in the next couple of windows will not be sufficient.
He could resign , might not make Harry stay but would make me feel a whole lot better

Short of spending 300 million - there is nothing that Levy can do to guarantee success in the next couple of seasons and unfortunately that is what Kane is aiming for - he wants to win something in the next couple of seasons.

We could fluke a cup but that would need luck, which unfortunately is in short supply at Spurs.

I'm going to be gutted when he leaves, but conversely, Kane leaving and giving us a half decent transfer budget may actually in the long run give us more chance of success.

How the fuck this club can win sweet FA is actually incredible if you think about it.

For a 4 year period we had all these players, playing together in their absolute prime:

Kane
Eriksen
Lloris
Vertonghen
Toby
Dele
Son
Dembele

It is criminal that we haven't won anything with those resources.........when you look at Leicester with the Premier League and FA Cup in that same period.

Back
Top Bottom