How can Levy convince Kane to stay?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

SBB2.jpg

Qi lots of good Qi

After watching the interview I get the feeling it's all down to Levy and Kane knows that.

The positive thing is that Kane doesn't feel in a rush. With 7-8 years left playing by his own estimation, leaving in 1-2 years if there's no progress might not be the biggest problem for him - still time to win a lot and probably get a better salary as a result of a lower transfer fee.

I seem to remember Kane putting a similar kind of pressure on Levy 1 or 2 seasons ago, to which Levy responded by splashing out on ultimately below par players - but the intention was there.

Bring in a manager Harry is happy with, 1-3 experienced top level players - and I believe he will buy in to it for another season with the threat of leaving growing all the time before things improve.

Also, I could teach him a technique to infuse the kundalini into his being, but I think it’s time for “And the new”. I’ll teach that guy if he wants, let Daniel know, cool.

Make a good coaching hire. Bring in at least two new starters in our defensive line and somebody like Buendia/De Paul. Another goal-scoring option.

Hope the new coach does a really good job and our progress on the field convinces Kane he can win with us in the coming years. I do expect any future contract he might sign
will have a reasonable release clause.

Man, the cognitive dissonance is strong in here, Levy will be acutely aware this is the crescendo of Kane’s value, top scorer and assists, it will be tough for everyone but unless we can leverage a 150m injection for 3 top tier players and two 2nd tier, no way he doesn’t push hard to go.

My belief is he will never be better than now all round, or 4years ago as a pure forward, so let him pay for phase1 of our long overdue overhaul, plus he’s a major injury waiting to happen, if you simply factor in healing decline, he can’t play 50+games unless our technical team suddenly become world class, not likely unless we get Ragnick.

After watching the interview I get the feeling it's all down to Levy and Kane knows that.

The positive thing is that Kane doesn't feel in a rush. With 7-8 years left playing by his own estimation, leaving in 1-2 years if there's no progress might not be the biggest problem for him - still time to win a lot and probably get a better salary as a result of a lower transfer fee.

I seem to remember Kane putting a similar kind of pressure on Levy 1 or 2 seasons ago, to which Levy responded by splashing out on ultimately below par players - but the intention was there.

Bring in a manager Harry is happy with, 1-3 experienced top level players - and I believe he will buy in to it for another season with the threat of leaving growing all the time before things improve.
This happened around 2006 with the Lakers. Kobe told the owners, you either build a serious team around me or I’m out. Owners did and the Lakers ended up winning a championship.

he can’t play 50+games unless our technical team suddenly become world class, not likely unless we get Ragnick.
Will be 49 games this season if he plays at the weekend.
Averages 44 games per season over 7 years in the first team.

Back
Top Bottom