How can Levy convince Kane to stay?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My bias against Levy clouded my judgement with that last response , on reflection I am talking bollocks
That’s not unusual for on here.

The TFC usual is if Harry had ever said there problems between him and Levy or Jose, it would be gospel. But when he says he actually gets on with them, well, what else could he say? It’s more likely he is just telling the truth when he speaks.

The mental gymnastics in this place never ceases to amaze.

Why keep a player who's just unsettled the entire club? Keeping a player on 220k a week who doesn't want to be there? How does that always work out?

Ho told the club in January that he wouldn't be signing a new contract, he has also told the club he will only sign for an EPL club and has no interest in moving abroad, it was City, City and City at the time although apparently now the bond with the fans is broken Utd and Chelsea (>350k a week 4 year deal) are both in the frame.

So he stays and runs down his contract (and thus his value) or he joins a rival ... tough call

Allegedly DL wants 120m or cash plus two players .... allegedly .... at least if there are now three EPL clubs interested the price will go up.

Last edited:
If Levy turns down all offers and at the same time secures a world class Dof and coach and secures 3-4 world class players. I think Kane would stay and not down tools. Problem is selling Kane means 100m plus payed off the stadium debt. Keeping him means an additional 250m debt. Think we all know what option Levy will take. Other factor is what value would the stadium naming rights be reduced by if Kane leaves???

Gotta think out of the box on this one, maybe sign Bill Belichick as our new manager? :moursad:

5de96884fd9db20ec04e5ae9

Last summer we spent a lot, we had that supposedly great manager in Mourinho and I remember everyone being more than happy before Christmas. Our utter failure this year after such a promising start should be blamed on mourinho in my opinion. He is the one who kept trying to play defensive football with attacking players and ultimately lost the dressing room. Despite what the press will have you believe Kane is not our only decent player. Didn’t we get to the champions league final without his help? If we can get £150 million for him I say take it and rebuild.

He can't do anything. Harry has seen how he has behaved, Levy hasn't been interesting in investing in the team to make us challengers year in year out and its not going to change now.

Too risky....... What if Kane says "Southgate"

Then we really would be up shit creek..........
How Southgate managed to become the national team manager still beats me. Middlesborough became more shite under him, getting knocked out in the first round of league cup and slowly relegated to the championship after 3 years. He made absolutely no progress. Just the opposite. So why!? What secret does this man have!?

H needs someone to give him the chances. Would be a dream if we could get Jack.
But IMO H will stay if Levy doubles his wages. Harry is one of the best players in the world but not one of the best paid.
Couldn’t disagree more. I think he would walk to Man City tomorrow if they matched his current wage

Last summer we spent a lot, we had that supposedly great manager in Mourinho and I remember everyone being more than happy before Christmas. Our utter failure this year after such a promising start should be blamed on mourinho in my opinion. He is the one who kept trying to play defensive football with attacking players and ultimately lost the dressing room. Despite what the press will have you believe Kane is not our only decent player. Didn’t we get to the champions league final without his help? If we can get £150 million for him I say take it and rebuild.
Good point. Has Kane actually commented on Maureen’s ultra defensive, give the opposition the ball tactics after the WHam hone game onwards that put our already nervy defence under pressure for much of the game? He surely can’t be in agreement with them? The chances H got in that system when it mattered (Liverpool away for example) he missed two great chances when it mattered. He is also at fault.

Short of spending 300 million - there is nothing that Levy can do to guarantee success in the next couple of seasons and unfortunately that is what Kane is aiming for - he wants to win something in the next couple of seasons.

We could fluke a cup but that would need luck, which unfortunately is in short supply at Spurs.

I'm going to be gutted when he leaves, but conversely, Kane leaving and giving us a half decent transfer budget may actually in the long run give us more chance of success.

How the fuck this club can win sweet FA is actually incredible if you think about it.

For a 4 year period we had all these players, playing together in their absolute prime:

Kane
Eriksen
Lloris
Vertonghen
Toby
Dele
Son
Dembele

It is criminal that we haven't won anything with those resources.........when you look at Leicester with the Premier League and FA Cup in that same period.
All well and good but then you turn to the bench and see Janssen and N’Koudou

Levy failed big time with matter relating to the first team in 16-19.

Imagine if he didn’t behave like levy, which is to not be an overbearing micromanager and let Paul Mitchell run the show.

Back
Top Bottom