How many trophies have you seen Tottenham win?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

2 measily league cups. They were nice don’t get me wrong and I’d 100% take a league cup, but in the 30+ years I have supported Spurs, that is pretty pathetic isn’t it? For a club of our size, I should of seen us win more than 2 league cups.

Is it just me...but why is it the likes of the goons who are dogshit Chavs, United and okay fair enough City who are decent and take it seriously all to get to cup semis and finals on a regular basis without it seems a struggle yet we huff & puff and make an arse of it.

everytime mate and it infuriates me. No matter how average they are, you can guarantee they will win a trophy before Spurs do. It’s in all their DNA. That winning formula. Something unfortunately Spurs severely lack.

Never seen us win the Fa Cup.

Every season I say, I just want us to win that cup.
But no. We'll play Vorm in goal and fuck up every chance.

2 league cups. And whatever you say about that competition. I was at both games as a kid and trust me I can remember the details so vividly. Nothing beats winning a cup, especially at Wembley.

I also remember us losing to Blackburn in Cardiff. That was a game we should have won. Ref bottled it. Should have given Mark Hughes a stonewall red card for a blatant pull back and horror tackle on Anderton.
I was sitting few rows away from the tackle and can hear Darren screaming out in pain now.

Last edited:
I didn’t start following us until 1987 so had a bad start. Only one I watched us Win live at the ground was the 2008 final. Seen more final defeats than victories live. One win, three defeats including the big one last season. Still not over it.

Adding from my post above the fact that our team of the last 5 years didnt pick up at least 1 or 2 domestic trophies is criminal and very sad.
No fan of any club or the club's themselves have a right to success,but i believe the team we had were good enough to win a bit of silverware.
Not going to go into who is to blame(its been done to death), but we should have more to show for for the last 5 seasons.

And on that note.

Happy Wednesday everyone :)

Last edited:
Never seen us win the Fa Cup.

Every season I say, I just want us to win that cup.
But no. We'll play Vorm in goal and fuck up every chance.

2 league cups. And whatever you say about that competition. I was at both games as a kid and trust me I can remember the details so vividly. Nothing beats winning a cup, especially at Wembley.

I also remember us losing to Blackburn in Cardiff. That was a game we should have won. Ref bottled it. Should have given Mark Hughes a stonewall red card for a blatant pull back and horror tackle on Anderton.
I was sitting few rows away from the tackle and can hear Darren screaming out in pain now.

Totally agree mate. Give me a trophy every season, be it Fa cup or league cup over just getting to CL final and losing it any day of the week. Spurs fans have seriously lost perspective on what a truly big club should be achieving and that’s winning trophies. I get the impression certain supporters would take 20 seasons of not winning a single trophy, but getting in the CL a few times over not getting CL as much, but winning 10 trophies in that period. Give me trophies anytime of the week. I look at that champions league season now with disappointment. I don’t think how fantastic that Lucas Moura moment was because all I think about is our pathetic display in the final. I think about beating Chelsea 2-1 in the league cup final with Robbie Keane and Co lifting that trophy. That’s what I think of.

Totally agree mate. Give me a trophy every season, be it Fa cup or league cup over just getting to CL final and losing it any day of the week.

A trophy "every" year?

Wow! Such humble compromise. :mourfacepalm:

Spurs fans have seriously lost perspective on what a truly big club should be achieving and that’s winning trophies. I get the impression certain supporters would take 20 seasons of not winning a single trophy, but getting in the CL a few times over not getting CL as much, but winning 10 trophies in that period. Give me trophies anytime of the week. I look at that champions league season now with disappointment. I don’t think how fantastic that Lucas Moura moment was because all I think about is our pathetic display in the final. I think about beating Chelsea 2-1 in the league cup final with Robbie Keane and Co lifting that trophy. That’s what I think of.

Of course, you would think that, being so bitter and blinkered.

'Just' ten? :mourfacepalm:

I’ve been alive for 3 but I was only 2 for the 91 FA Cup win so really just the 2 league cup wins. The ‘99 win is still very clear in my mind to this today. I remember my family made a big deal of it at our house, probably because they knew Spurs weren’t exactly final regulars lol. Also the manner we won it as well was particularly memorable. Having said that, there having been certain matches that were more memorable to me then those two finals.

You have to take a step back sometimes these days to see how far we’ve come. Through out the nineties and naughties, we were very much a mid level team and now, we expect our team to win trophies without having really any success in the last 30 years so that mind set is not installed in our fans and club overall.

I’m only in my early thirties but I have learned to enjoy the matches for what they are. I think there’s a lot of people who hate seeing Spurs lose more than they enjoy seeing Spurs win and unfortuently, if that’s the mind set you have when supporting this club, you’re in for some tough times. Would be nice to see trophy win before by 40th though lol

I was having a flick through the Rothmans Yearbook (or whatever it is called now) last night and looking at various lists of winners post war from the resumption in 1946/47 onwards. That's 73/74 years. If you split it in two the halfway mark brings you up to the end of the 1983/84 season and the end of the Keith Burkinshaw era.

Over that 37 year period from 1947 to 1984, taking the three domestic tournaments and the traditional three European tournaments, we won 12 trophies (2 Leagues, 5 FA Cups, 2 League Cups, 1 Cup Winners Cup, 2 UEFA Cups). In terms of trophies won, we were the second most successful club in England over that near 40 year period post World War 2, up to the mid 1980's.

Only Liverpool with 23 (11 leagues, 2 FA Cups, 4 League Cups, 4 European Cups, 2 UEFA Cups) won more than us in that period from 1946 to 1984.

For Comparative purposes

Man U won 10 (5 Leagues, 4 FA Cups, 1 European Cup)
Woolwich won 7 (3 leagues, 3 FA Cups, 1 UEFA Cup)
Chavs won 4(1 League, 1 FA Cup, 1 League Cup, 1 Cup Winners Cup)
Manchester City won 6 (1 League, 2 FA Cups, 2 League Cups, 1 Cup Winners Cup).

Going to crunch the numbers now from the mid 1980's onwards, which won't make for such pleasant reading!

Back
Top Bottom