How much merchandise do you buy in a year

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Following on from the Levy out threads and the discussions to stop buying merchandise.

My thinking is that most of the ST holders wouldn't be spending a massive amount of money on the merchandise, mainly because they already have most of it.

I used to spend a little bit every now and then but these days I mostly receive stuff as presents.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
None. I spend the £15 each from 2xSTs & one OH+ membership on £15 worth of tat (£10 when shipping is added). Not a penny more not a penny less. Well ok, maybe a quid left over, but nothing extra. My days of buying overpriced shirts are long gone.

To be honest I don’t spend a huge amount on merchandise anyway, probably less than £100 a year. I’ve been getting my replica shirts from DHGate for the last couple of seasons because they’re so expensive in the uk. I usually buy normal t-shirts, bags, stationary, mugs, magnets and that sort of thing instead. Some of it is for me, but mostly it’s presents for my god-children and nieces.

ST holder. Barely anything. A polo shirt maybe but that's likely to be a present from the in-laws. Possibly a program or two but only if it's a big occasion e.g. final etc.

If the club was relying on me they'd close the mega store.

ST holder. Barely anything. A polo shirt maybe but that's likely to be a present from the in-laws. Possibly a program or two but only if it's a big occasion e.g. final etc.

If the club was relying on me they'd close the mega store.
likewise for me never bought jack shit. would buy a dartboard with levy as the bulls eye.

Very little to be honest.

I was bought some boxers from the Spurs Store and the quality was utterly shit. I bought a Chirpy toy for the boy, he didn’t give a shit.

Nothing since. I can’t say I’m thrilled about the idea of buying Carabao Cup Finalist 2020/21 fridge magnets (Levy really is a bellend isn’t he?).

Very little nowadays and only have i bought bits for my baby boy recently and my parents have bought stuff for him too. I certainly won’t be buying tickets anymore until Levy changes his stance or f** off. Sick to death of it and have made my own little protest by doing that. Might not do anything, the more people that do, the quicker this mob realise we supporters are fed up

Far too much I can’t go to games so it’s my way of supporting the club but really a waste cos half the gear I don’t wear I’ve got the anthem jackets two or three Nike but always end up going back to the under armour equivalent it’s better quality and still in good nick.. :thumbup:

Quite a bit actually.

I usually will place 2 relatively large orders each year (more out of simplicity since shipping to the US takes so damn long.)

Pre or early in the season at least 1 Nike t-shirt and/or training top in the new season design/color for myself and the kids. Often, a new season travel polo, maybe a hoodie or windbreaker.

For Christmas I order kit shirts for myself and the kids, kids all get track pants/sweatpants and a hoodie or light jacket, I have ordered everything from bobble hats, ball caps, key rings, to mugs.

Not only is it difficult at times in the US to find a variety of Spurs gear, I think ordering direct from the club is a good way to support the club.

The one big complaint I have in Spurs official merchandise that isn't branded is how wildly inconsistent sizing is, so even though I like the style of some things if it isn't Nike (currently,) it's a crap shoot on if it's going to fit properly.

Very little nowadays and only have i bought bits for my baby boy recently and my parents have bought stuff for him too. I certainly won’t be buying tickets anymore until Levy changes his stance or f** off. Sick to death of it and have made my own little protest by doing that. Might not do anything, the more people that do, the quicker this mob realise we supporters are fed up

I‘m fed up too so after the shit show of last season and the bollocks going on with manager search I’ve decided I’m not spending on Spurs this season. No going to games, no merchandise, no sky sports, etc.
Sadly as we can see from Achilles Achilles our little protest won’t do anything because there are always tons of tourists ready to spend a fortune without thought. The real fans are powerless to hit the club where it hurts because of their will always be those “fans” especially internationally that will chuck buckets of money at the club.
It’s the same with tickets too. People say we can protest by knot buying tickets, but it doesn’t work because there will always be tourists or fans that don’t get much opportunity to go who will buy those tickets instead.

Not a great deal. I’m 50 with a fat gut so wouldn’t by a home shirt and haven’t done so since my late teens. Having said so I’m partial to the retro shirts from 60s/70s/80s some of which were purchased the first time around. The last thing I remember buying is a champions league final polo shirt for Madrid. £1200 for a season ticket is enough of an outlay. Match days a lapel badge suffices for me

ST holder. I spend shit loads! Every birthday and Christmas the u18's (grandkids, nice's and nephews) in my family get something Spurs, I've been doing that it seems for about 20ys (starting from when I bought my own kids stuff).

The only merch I've ever bought for myself has been the odd book or three and a couple of Spurs pin badges (£8 each I think). I've told everyone not to buy me Spurs clobber as I wouldn't wear it.

Since the new stadium was opened I do now buy food from it (had bought a couple of bagels from old WHL across the last 25yrs and regretted it every time I attempted to eat one) as it's bloody good and reasonably priced.

Far too much I can’t go to games so it’s my way of supporting the club but really a waste cos half the gear I don’t wear I’ve got the anthem jackets two or three Nike but always end up going back to the under armour equivalent it’s better quality and still in good nick.. :thumbup:
yeah that under armour stuff was mint. The training tops are really special and still going strong. Nike are really shite by comparison and cost more. Big disappointment. I’ve stopped buying them.

yeah that under armour stuff was mint. The training tops are really special and still going strong. Nike are really shite by comparison and cost more. Big disappointment. I’ve stopped buying them.
The item I’ve mentioned anthem jacket…..
7-A94723-F-A92-F-4-B1-E-8-DE0-050-D5468-D704.jpg
thicker material hangs right really good bought this…..
2959-B181-CE81-4-B0-D-92-B4-1749-DA23-D842.jpg

thin material doesn’t hang right and too top of it of the zipper is on the wrong side……:avbshit:

I've spent hundreds of pounds recently in the last few years. My house is full of Spurs stuff, every single room in my house has something, down to the rubber duck in the bathroom! Since the birth of my great-nephew, the poor little sod has been inundated with clothing, toys, bibs and dummies. Also done stadium tours, skywalks and have bought nearly every book published! I'm a lost cause with regards to renewing my season ticket, but no more merchandise or eating/drinking in the stadium.

Nike's sporting equipment in general I find to be absolute crap. I refuse to buy Nike boots after owning a pair.

Back
Top Bottom