How will spurs do when the season returns?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With the season seemingly poised to resume, how do we all think we will do in our remaining fixtures?

Was this the “pre season” Jose was hoping for ?

Can we expect anything at all as far as making a late charge for the CL places or are we just too frail in midfield/defence?

I personally don’t expect much but I tell you what, I’m much more hopeful going in to the game against UTD with a full 4 weeks of training & tactical work behind us, with hopefully a fully fit squad.

How does our run in compare to others going for top6?

Also I am of the opinion that the league should not be returning at this point, but I’d like to keep the politics out of this thread if possible, just want to talk a bit of spurs. My mrs is 9 months pregnant and doing my nut in at the moment.

what do you lot reckon?

Last edited:
Slightly better but still short of the mark I recon. We will have players back but not fully confident we'll have the tactics sorted/player bought into it.

Think it will depend a lot on how fit people have stayed as well.

With the season seemingly poised to resume, how do we all think we will do in our remaining fixtures?

Was this the “pre season” Jose was pining ?

Can we expect anything at all as far as making a late charge for the CL places or are we just too frail in midfield/defence?

I personally don’t expect much but I tell you what, I’m much more hopeful going in to the game against UTD with a full 4 weeks of training & tactical work behind us, with hopefully a fully fit squad.

Also I am of the opinion that the league should not be returning at this point, but I’d like to keep the politics out of this thread if possible, just want to talk a bit of spurs. My mrs is 9 months pregnant and doing my nut in at the moment.

what do you lot reckon?

27 from 9..... :moursad:

what do you lot reckon?
I'm sure you've got other things at the forefront of your mind at the moment!! Hope all goes with the birth.

what do you lot reckon?
We will get done by Ole's crap counter attacking football.
I still don't feel confident but at least we got some players back and will have lots of training

Your guess is as good as mine, so many factors to take into account. I suppose everyone is in the same boat with regards to the restrictions on training.
It's football Jim, but not as we know it!

Still far from certain we will get the season finished and hope not in neutral grounds which is a disadvantage. Whilst players back, there will be injuries and players having to isolate due to virus testing. The key is the first match v MU which if we can win and have better run with injuries than earlier in the season then I think we will end up higher than we are at present. Whether that will be good enough to get CL is going to be tight. I am cautiously confident.

Good to have many players back for Spurs but it's going to be unpredictable.

You can bet the social distancing will mean more ridiculous simulation from the LiVARpool usual suspects.

Slightly better because of Kane , Son etc being back, we might win a couple of games even. We were definitely heading for 6 or 7 defeats out of 9 before everything stopped

But in the main we will still be shite

We have been unbelievably poor all season even when Kane and son were playing each week , this break in play isn't going to have remedied that

what do you lot reckon?

Good luck with the birth mate!!

We’re going on a roll and José will deliver us the title next season

:mourthumb:

Not surprised at the pessimism of some here but I honestly think this break has been a good thing and we will surprise a few when/if the season kicks off again.
I'm with you on this one. I think the break doesn't just let our injured players get back to fitness but also gave everyone a mental rest. We were in dire straits and the suspension of football probably couldn't have come at a better time for us.

I honestly think we'll see an improvement when we get back. Not just because Kane and Son will be (touch wood) fully fit but this is also the first time José will have them both available without trying to get Eriksen to do anything useful. Lo Celso all the way now.
There's also the wild card chance that Ndombele and Mourinho have actually gotten their shit sorted over the last two months. Alasdair Gold seems to be positive on that one and time will tell.

Slightly better but still short of the mark I recon. We will have players back but not fully confident we'll have the tactics sorted/player bought into it.

Think it will depend a lot on how fit people have stayed as well.

Yeah I think you’re right.

In terms of the actual games, I only watched some of the first round of Bundesliga matches but in each one the teams started the first ten minutes very rusty and they seemed to set the tone of the matches. Knowing our players that’s exactly how they’ll start the first game. Asleep and on the back foot. No matter how much they are prepared tactically, unless Mourinho sorts the mental side out from that first whistle it won’t matter.

In theory playing in an empty stadium should suit our players. They’ve wilted in front of pressure more times than can be counted but in a stadium without fans, playing in games which should seem like practice matches they should do better without that immediate pressure. But who knows.

Despite what I’ve just said I feel quietly confident of getting 4th/5th because Harry and Sonny are back and properly rested. Although that could just be because I haven’t had to watch the games so have some how forgotten how bad we were pre virus!

Last edited:
Add me to the I think we will do better pile.

CL might be a bit far off, but grabbing a Europa League spot should be within our power. And pending how City's appeal goes then who knows.

Back
Top Bottom