How will spurs do when the season returns?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don't normally share negative thoughts a lot on this forum, but I have a feeling we will suffer a heavy loss against Man U and Kane will be out before the season is over.

I don't even rate Man U that much, but I fear we just won't be ready to perform (relatively to them I mean).

Am I the only one with this fear?

Don't normally share negative thoughts a lot on this forum, but I have a feeling we will suffer a heavy loss against Man U and Kane will be out before the season is over.

I don't even rate Man U that much, but I fear we just won't be ready to perform (relatively to them I mean).

It's a fair assumption probably be followed up by a home defeat to the hammers too.
:dempsey::mourshock:

im quietly optimistic, think the break would have done the players some good, and given Mourinho time to implement his tactics a bit more

Injuries in Bundesliga went up from the normal 0,27 per game to 0,88 per game after the restart. Hope the other teams will have injuries too after a couple of games, not just Spurs

I think the United game dictates how the season ends.

Win, and I think we can push on for a top 4 spot. The schedule doesn't include many challenging games and I think they can grab a bunch of points from the final 9 games.

If they lose, I can see them limp towards the finish line. If that happens, I hope they miss Europa entirely. Reduce the fixture list and give the squad more rest to push back into the Champions League next season.

Dilemma. Get into Europa League which gives you a pittance in prize money (Woolwich as finalists made just over half what we made in the CL GROUP STAGE) and little stature to sign players;

or,

Miss out on Europe and the struggle EL plays on performances and have a golden opportunity for Jose to get his first trophy with us.

Dilemma. Get into Europa League which gives you a pittance in prize money (Woolwich as finalists made just over half what we made in the CL GROUP STAGE) and little stature to sign players;

or,

Miss out on Europe and the struggle EL plays on performances and have a golden opportunity for Jose to get his first trophy with us.

Europe please.

Europe please.
The only reason and I mean only reason, I wouldn’t mind EL is it will be a chance to blood White, Tanganga, Cirkin, Skipp and Parrott just like we did way back when with Kane and Winks and Townsend etc etc.

But if we miss it won’t faze me. Go get the lesgue cup Jose.

Benefits to be found with either

The only reason and I mean only reason, I wouldn’t mind EL is it will be a chance to blood White, Tanganga, Cirkin, Skipp and Parrott just like we did way back when with Kane and Winks and Townsend etc etc.

But if we miss it won’t faze me. Go get the lesgue cup Jose.

Benefits to be found with either

Squad development would be a major coup; not just kids but for the entire squad..... Gedson, Bergwijn/Lucas and any 2and stringers.

But also:

EL > LC in terms of prestige
EL > LC in terms of £££

+ financial benefits of a higher league finish this season.

Back
Top Bottom