How you felt when our managers were sacked

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not sure that would ever have been the case as at the time our club was floating on the stock exchange. Another first for the spurs : )

It was because of him that the club didn't collapse after what's his face ran us into the ground. Sure, his financial input wasn't to the extent of Mr amstrad but how he was ran out of the club was such a shame as we were shaping up nicely at the time.
The future looked bright,i'll give you that.And it did come crashing down.

Jol - Sad, the club did it so badly.

Ramos - accepting.

Harry - bit down, was surprised more than anything. Pissed off more that we got dull AVB as his replacement, what a come down.

AVB - actually ok, his football killed my spirit.

Sherwood - indifferent, never hated him like some but didn’t warm either.

Poch - very sad, best manager of my lifetime and got us to a level we had never gotten before on a shoestring bit I think the lack of backing in the transfer market combined with Poch’s tough requirements on what became a team not physical able to play his style anymore doomed it.

Jol - Really Liked big MJ and felt the club let him down

Ramos - Who

Harry - Not fussed really. Great bloke but his management skills were dwindling

AVB - See Ramos

Sherwood - Actually quite liked this guy but the fact that he has never really made it anywhere else means OK decision.

Poch - I found out about this whilst on holiday in Panama and was truly upset though I felt it was coming. The best manager since The General (look it up kids) and I loved him to bits and he loved us. Felt some of the players (and Levy) needed to take a good look at themselves

Jose - "placeholder" though he'll resign more than likely

Boas elated. Talked utter sh!t.

Jol a bit disappointed. Our toughest manager.

Pochettino a mixture. Strange really . Please he went but disappointed it had got to the stage where it was inevitable.

Overall it was always the football. I enjoyed it under Jol, Redknapp and Poch so they where the hardest to see go.

Probably happy to see AVB leave more than anyone, dirty to say but I enjoyed us under Graham more, maybe it was just being used to Redknapp by that stage. His football made my eyes bleed.

Jol - Sad, really liked him and angry at the way the club did it.

Ramos - Happy, we were fucking awful.

Harry - I was fine with it. Had some good times, but didn't think he was the manager to take us forward.

AVB - Fairly happy, again we were awful, but I was also disappointed as I liked him and think was a good manager in there somewhere.

Sherwood - Didn't really have any emotion, never saw him as anything other than temporary.

Poch - Was upset & angry at the club as I desperately wanted him to turn it around. That said, the football was awful and it looked like he had lost the passion for the job. Probably best he went.

No mention of Peter Shreeve(s).
Almost got us the League in his first season.
Erratic in his second one, but we were just starting to get our act together at the end of that campaign.
Perhaps deserving of a longer tenure.

Graham - angry
Jol - disgusted
Ramos - relieved
Redknapp - pissed off and astonished
AVB - absolutely overjoyed
Sherwood - pleased
Pochettino - saddened but also felt that it was the right decision

Levy got a hard on for Chelsea's shortest lived manager in a generation of short term appointments.

He was an awful appointment and a total fraud IMO.

AVB's appointment was ridiculous.
I absolutely HATED him.
The way Chelsea's season took off the moment they sacked did not seem to register with Levy.

But, hey, apparently AVB brought a very snazzy PowerPoint presentation to his interview and that's what really matters...

Sorry mate, I think you got that wrong. My opinion, I think he was sacked for not showing respect to a club that backed him through a legal case, and basically offering his services to the FA the same week. (As I recall, Capello quit the same week he was aquitted)

Did Redknapp offer his services to the FA?

As far as I recall, he didn't rule himself out and said the England job was the pinnacle of a manager's career.

And even if he did say publicly that he wanted the job, is that really so terrible?
Let's be honest, the only reason he didn't get it was because of the compensation that the FA would have had to pay is.

I thought he did a terrific job for Tottenham and was relieved when he didn't get the England job because I wanted him to stay.

Little did I know...

As far as I recall, he didn't rule himself out and said the England job was the pinnacle of a manager's career.

And even if he did say publicly that he wanted the job, is that really so terrible?
Let's be honest, the only reason he didn't get it was because of the compensation that the FA would have had to pay is.

I thought he did a terrific job for Tottenham and was relieved when he didn't get the England job because I wanted him to stay.

Little did I know...

Didn’t he flirt with Chelsea? I thought that was what fucked Levy off?

I might have made that up though.

Little did I know...
I know. Jamie's cruelty since then has been almost intolerable.

Back
Top Bottom