Huddersfield (A) 29th September - 3pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gatsby

95:02
Is it weird that I’m very confident for this game? Whether it’s because Huddersfield have had an awful start, or that we have won 2 on the bounce and look like we’re hitting form again.

- Gazza -
- Trippier - Alderweireld - Jan - Rose -
- Dier - Dembele -
- Lamela - Eriksen - Son -
- Kane -
I wanted to get Dele into the line up, but I think Lamela deserves a start, and Son offers pace. A good problem to have.

Huddersfield have been on a poor run, and they don’t seem to know where their next result is coming from. A good chance for us to continue our winning streak and Kane to get some goals.

I can agree to that line up. Then switch out Dier for Wanyama around an hour in and Lucas on for Lamela. Probably rotate Dele in for Son or have them do a sub in the second

I thought Wanyama was shit yesterday, shows how weak we are in midfield.

Yeah, Big Vic looked out of sorts. Not surprising given his time away from matches. Maybe he needs a run in the side to get him back to Beast-Mode? Huddersfield might be a good opponent to continue easing him back in

Same, putting it down to sharpness. Didn't really seem to hold the ball that well.

Still, ArcspacE probably didn't watch it and suggests we drop Dier for Wanyama.. so what do we know eh?!

Same, putting it down to sharpness. Didn't really seem to hold the ball that well.

Still, ArcspacE probably didn't watch it and suggests we drop Dier for Wanyama.. so what do we know eh?!
Yeah, cause Dier has been in top form since the Liverpool game

:goonermong:

Gazzaniga
KWP - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Rose
Dier - Dembele
Lamela - Eriksen - Dele
Kane
1-3
Kane x2
Dele

Wanyama needs game time to get back to where he was. I think we need to back him to be honest, could be crucial to our season.

Poch is picking Dier, not talking about form or my preference.

Nice to see you have your own Emoji. Looking good for a 50 + Cellar dwelling south african virgin

Quite worried that he's 'done'

Same way Sandro was clearly never the same player after his knee injury. Would be a shame as Wanyama for that one season was excellent for us but even during last season he looked a shadow of himself and cost us a few goals with his lack of fitness, failing to track runners etc.

Can't keep carrying him though. We're into a second season now without a fully fit Wanyama. That's a problem for him. Didn't someone say he had the same injury as King and it was a problem with his cartilage? If so, then we're probably best off getting rid next summer and fully overhauling.

Eriksen out.

MASSIVE chance for Lamela to really stake a claim here. So glad Dele is back now though. Take Eriksen out of my team and replace him with Lucas then.

Gazzaniga
Dier - Dembele
Lamela - Dele - Lucas
Kane​

Eriksen out.

MASSIVE chance for Lamela to really stake a claim here. So glad Dele is back now though. Take Eriksen out of my team and replace him with Lucas then.

Gazzaniga
Dier - Dembele
Lamela - Dele - Lucas
Kane​

Agree with that lineup, except probably Trippier over KWP. I can see why this might be a good game for KWP though.

Really hope Eriksen is back for Barca though.

------------------------Gazza----------------------
Trippier--Alderweireld--Vertonghen--Rose
-------------------Dier---------Dembele---------
Moura------------------Dele------------Eriksen
--------------------------Kane----------------------

------------------------Gazza----------------------
Trippier--Alderweireld--Vertonghen--Rose
-------------------Dier---------Dembele---------
Moura------------------Dele------------Eriksen
--------------------------Kane----------------------

Eriksen is out

Eriksen out.

Gazzaniga
Dier - Dembele
Lamela - Dele - Lucas
Kane​

Sounds terrible, but I am really pleased Vorm is still out.

He's just not good enough, and hopefully Gazzaniga will cement his place as backup.

Back
Top Bottom