Huddersfield (H) 03Mar - 15:00KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Comfortable win. Like a training session really. Bit disappointed actually as we were sloppy at times and should have scored a few more goals. Kane definitely not at his clinical best.

And sorry to be negative, but I thought Ali was shite today - how many fucking times did he lose the ball? Should have been subbed off earlier.
Job done though, no drama ahead of the big one.

Him and eriksen having one of those games. Think moura should have come on a bit earlier. But a comfortable performance. In training mode after the second goal. Not a big deal.game was over and points in the bag. Could have made it a bit easier on our defence tho.

Sonny is just amazing, to think Poch had to convince him to stay. Would be very sad seeing him scoring and playing so well for another team. Awesome assists today, and Son's finishing was brilliant.
Son has to start every game when he is in this form, he is a fantastic big player for us. Hoping he will start against Juve.
Someone else mentioned too, he is definitely not a super sub, much better if he starts.
Very pleased we got the points and didn't have to put too much effort in, hopefully Jan and Dembele will be fine for Juve.
This could have been a very tricky game also the pressure to get the points on the board before the various scum clubs play.
It's lovely to see our lads unfazed and just handle their business.
COYS!
:tobyarm:

Sonny is just amazing, to think Poch had to convince him to stay. Would be very sad seeing him scoring and playing so well for another team. Awesome assists today, and Son's finishing was brilliant.
Son has to start every game when he is in this form, he is a fantastic big player for us. Hoping he will start against Juve.
Someone else mentioned too, he is definitely not a super sub, much better if he starts.
Very pleased we got the points and didn't have to put too much effort in, hopefully Jan and Dembele will be fine for Juve.
This could have been a very tricky game also the pressure to get the points on the board before the various scum clubs play.
It's lovely to see our lads unfazed and just handle their business.
COYS!
:tobyarm:

I agree 100%. Even if you make the arguement that Lamela and Son are both effective as starters (though very different in terms of the type of player they are), Lamela seems to have a much more drastic affect on the game when he comes on as a sub. It always seems to me like Lamela, Alli, and Erikson together are way too similar in terms of playing style and rewards teams who just decide to sit back.

One of his easier nutmegs...
DXYW1dFXkAATsQR.jpg:large

Calm down mate.

It is neither negative nor heresy.

Just observation. We won and now 17 unbeaten.

The most amazing thing about our unbeaten run is it’s the best since 1999

We were shite in 1999 I can’t get my head round that!! George Graham draws and a lot of cup matches!

Could have been 3 up in 20. Game never really took off.

Understandable.

Another 3 points anyway and 68k v Huddersfield, another good turnout considering the weather travel issues for some.

COYS

Sissoko ...release him
I’ll assume you were not at the game and therefore did not see how effective in CM he was when he came on.

Quite impressive with the ball and solid running as usual.

Tiresome the abuse the guy is taking, granted being at the game you can sometimes miss stuff but I saw nothing at all to criticise the bloke over today?

I felt the whole team deserved credit for today. Really professional performance.

Just got home, although almost didn’t as it started snowing when I got past Swindon and thought I’d have to spend the night in the car :pochshock2:

Anyway, great performance, didn’t think anyone had a bad game - solid effort from everyone.

Did think it was really hard to generate an atmosphere in there today, however. Don’t know if it was because it “only Huddersfield” or what, but there wasn’t many regulars in the block I’m in today.

Good day.

The most amazing thing about our unbeaten run is it’s the best since 1999

We were shite in 1999 I can’t get my head round that!! George Graham draws and a lot of cup matches!

Just checked, it included 5 0-0s, 5 1-1s and a 1-0, there were two Cup replays, we actually played Wimbledon 5 times...a league game, 2 FA Cup games and 2 legs of a League Cup Semi, there was 6 goals in those games and that included a 3-0 cup replay...We started in 12th and ended up in 11th...

Solid today without being at our best yet still a comfortable 3 points... Lots of positives individually though... Entire defensive unit were the bollocks! ...And of course, Sonny had a blinder!

Just got home, although almost didn’t as it started snowing when I got past Swindon and thought I’d have to spend the night in the car :pochshock2:

Anyway, great performance, didn’t think anyone had a bad game - solid effort from everyone.

Did think it was really hard to generate an atmosphere in there today, however. Don’t know if it was because it “only Huddersfield” or what, but there wasn’t many regulars in the block I’m in today.

Good day.

Seemed pretty quiet on too TV tbh... Not sure why... 68k attendance and must have felt like the first day of spring considering the last few days weather.

Haven't got a ticket for Juve so please, all that go, make that motherfucker rock and sing our boys over the line so I can join ya'll for the qtrs!

C O Y S ! ! ! ! !

:tobyarm::tobyarm::tobyarm::tobyarm:

Last edited:

Good day.

Wondered if it was family day or something. Lots of young kids about.

But I think after Woolwich last time and Juve in a few days this was always going to be a bit of a quiet one. Calm before the storm.

Didn’t even hear 1 yid army as we were walking up from the station platform when we got there. Normally all you can hear.

You can make one good pass and still have a poor game. Kane has been poor, yet made the best assist I've ever seen. Ever.
Kane didn't even have a poor game imo, his finishing was just lacking. He was working really hard holding the ball up well and linking play, a goal would have been the cherry on the top

Just checked, it included 5 0-0s, 5 1-1s and a 1-0, there were two Cup replays, we actually played Wimbledon 5 times...a league game, 2 FA Cup games and 2 legs of a League Cup Semi, there was 6 goals in those games and that included a 3-0 cup replay...We started in 12th and ended up in 11th...
A textbook example of why chasing stats is utterly meaningless. I’m very glad with Poch’s attitude today:

"We don't think too much about the past," said Pochettino when asked about the club's longest unbeaten run for 51 years.

"Of course, that is a very good stat but for me football is tomorrow - it's not yesterday."

Back
Top Bottom