Huddersfield Town v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

----------------------------PREMIER LEAGUE--------------------------
------------------SATURDAY 30TH SEPTEMBER--------------------
--------------------------------12.30PM-------------------------------------
------------------------KIRKLEES STADIUM----------------------------
-----------------------LIVE ON SKY SPORTS--------------------------

Team line-up :
--------------------------Lloris------------------------
-------Sanchez--Alderweireld--Vertonghen-----
--Trippier-------Dier--------Dembele?------Davies--
-----------------Eriksen?-------Alli-----------------
---------------------------Kane-----------------------

Scoreline : 2-0 win.

AND I STILL NEED A TICKET. :levyeyes:

--------------------------Lloris------------------------
-------Sanchez--Alderweireld--Vertonghen-----
--Trippier-------Dier--------Eriksen------Davies--
-----------------Sissoko-------Alli-----------------
---------------------------Kane-----------------------

Let's not underestimate them, they are disciplined at the back and could frustrate us like Burnley if we take them lightly. The quicker we score the easier our afternoon will be.

After a few days hols in Cyprus (its a hard life). Alli, Eriksen, Vertonghen all rested. Players on a high and its an away game (best away run since the doubles team?). We should be up for this and hopefully get the result. They are a decent side but we should be able to take all three points if we are on our game. Alli to shine in this, he needs a good few weeks with England as well.

Historically we drop points after playing in Europe but hopefully the extra rest day and getting players like Dele, Jan and hopefully Christian back should counter effect that

This is the biggest test Huddersfield would have had so far this season. They haven't played anyone who will constantly close them down and pressure them on the ball. Also play against the deadliest striker, the best number 10 and the best defence in the league.

- Lloris -
- Alderweireld Sanchez Vertonghen -
- Trippier Dier Dembele Davies -
- Eriksen Dele -
- Kane -​

Morning folks.

Some of us Terriers fans have waited a very long time to see our team in the top flight so it's great to see that we have got off to a decent start. Nine points from the first six games, albeit against sides that will not be any where near the top come the end of the season, is way beyond anything we could have expected. For me the though premier league starts on Saturday when we meet.

I'm not in any way nervous, in fact, I'm really looking forward to it. Our support has been absolutely fantastic for some time now and some would say it's helped get the team over the line. Whether this works on Saturday when we see the quality that you lot have is probably a stretch too far. If we keep you to three I'll be a happy man.

It's going to very interesting to see how our best centre back in the time I have been watching town handles Kane. Schindler has without doubt been immense this season, he reads the game so much quicker than any striker we've played this season and his heading is top class. If he is at the top of his game on Saturday then Kane is in for a tough game.We have been good at keeping the goals out (3 against in 6) so far and although we do create chances it's the scoring them that lets us down, five goals in 6 games.

Anyway, enjoy the best of Yorkshire when you come up, it really is a beautiful place.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom