Huddlestone

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

PhillyHotspur

High for so long fell asleep on the fucking plane
Been very impressed with Huddlestone and his impact with the attack via his two recent substitutions.

Played a big part in both game-tying goals and showed a few attributes that are closest thing we currently have to what Modric possessed -->tidy in possession & the accurate long pass.

He obviously has his limitations with his mobility and his ability to defend in that holding MF position. You saw it first-hand in the game vs City and he was exposed badly.

But he can definitely contribute in the stretch run and AVB should look to work the tactical game with a Parker/Huddlestone rotation.

Vs the quality especially away from WHL: Include Parker for his defensive prowess and ability to clean up

Vs the minnows especially Home at WHL: Include Huddlestone for the additional dynamic layer he can bring to the attack since we can sacrifice the need for defensive coverage

Both players can be rested and ultimately maximized. lets hope AVB sees this as well and we put it all together over the final 6 games

As an alternative who is able to feed the channels with pin point passes he is valuable. Will he want to stay as a cameo player? No. Will AVB want to keep him? I doubt it.

Vs the quality especially away from WHL: Include Parker for his defensive prowess and ability to clean up

Vs the minnows especially Home at WHL: Include Huddlestone for the additional dynamic layer he can bring to the attack since we can sacrifice the need for defensive coverage

It's not quite that simple though. Different players will be effective against different teams, and that really doesn't depend on their league position. Huddlestone is looking great on the ball at the moment, but that's because he's coming on against tired legs at the moment, and teams don't have the energy left to close him down. He's been really effective coming on and spraying those lovely passes around. I would imagine once we have the pace of Lennon and Bale back in the team this will become even more of an issue. He can change games and make a difference when we are the team putting all the pressure on. That's an amazing asset to have on the bench.

As an alternative who is able to feed the channels with pin point passes he is valuable. Will he want to stay as a cameo player? No. Will AVB want to keep him? I doubt it.

I do agree he will probably be moving on in the Summer.

But, until then, I think he should be leveraged by AVB vs rotting on the bench in favor of Parker for every Prem outing where the tactics can be implemented.

I don't want him to go. Remember when he was going to stoke on loan? Didn't AVB say he definitely wanted him back.

He did. Something along the lines of Hudd getting his match fitness up and being ready to go next season as he'd do well in a midfield 3.

Also, I'm gutted he had his penalty saved...that could have been the haircut we've been waiting for! In fairness, the penalty wasn't that bad, the save was superb!

Do Penalty shoot outs count as "proper" goals?

I considered that. On the basis he has hardly played and when he has, he has played very deep and is therefore very unlikely to score in open play....I think he would have counted it as the goal he required!

I considered that. On the basis he has hardly played and when he has, he has played very deep and is therefore very unlikely to score in open play....I think he would have counted it as the goal he required!

Remember his cracka at Home vs Bolton two weekends before Spurs secured CL footy at City ? I think that goal was just as big to Spurs securing CL footy as Crouch's goal considering Spurs won the game 1-0. The following year, he dropped that gem vs the Scum. He has it in his Woolwich and just needs some legitimate minutes vs a few minnows at WHL. And that fro will be as good as gone.

He's got it in him for sure, he's hit some beauties over the years, but under AVB he seems to be playing a lot deeper than he did before. When he had a few games earlier in the season he was playing between the centrebacks at times!

He's got it in him for sure, he's hit some beauties over the years, but under AVB he seems to be playing a lot deeper than he did before. When he had a few games earlier in the season he was playing between the centrebacks at times!

To be fair. I think part of the problem has to do w/ his mobility. If he was more mobile and had better fitness, he could make runs forward and still be able to cover back on the defensive front. Since he isn't, with that holding MF role that he plays, I think he acknowledges his limitations to a bit and hangs back. But sadly, he still isn't mobile enough to be really effective in that role and part of why AVB phased him.

But he is talented and serves a purpose. W/ a little foresight by AVB, he can easily be maximized in the right situations. Not all of course. Tactics baby. AVB needs to recognize!

Well I've been pleased that AVB has looked to give him a go in recent games (Carroll too), Hudd can be a game changer with the passes he makes (the assist for Dempsey yesterday being exactly that) and I've always been a fan of his for that reason.

Fingers crossed big Tom can put one away before the end of the season...I'm sure his hair slows him down all the more!!

I was just looking for a pic of him to do something amusing with, and I saw this...

JiEV7ro.jpg

He's not as big as people like to make out!

Back
Top Bottom