Huddlestone

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

His movement off the ball isn't good enough. In the game today at one point I think Vertonghen had no-one to pass to - all Huddlestone had to do was move laterally five yards off the ball to make an option for him and he would have been able to keep play rolling rather than hit it up field in desperation. He isn't intelligent enough on the field, no matter how many 40 yard balls will try to cover that. Defensively, he's too slow to get back into position and react to danger, which leads to him making mis-timed challenges and bookings.

He's in the shape of Michael Carrick but has never lived up to the hype and I don't think he ever will (please prove me wrong).

I think this is true of a lot of our players to be fair and something that really separates the top 2/3 from the rest of the league. Great teams always have options.

I think the time is running out for him unfortunately. We all know he's slow, but he could compensate a lot with grit, good movement and desire to get on the ball, but he looks far away from the player he once promised to be..

He didn't have a very good game today, yet through his performances he has proved he is good enough to play for us. He should not be starting every game like has, but with the health of Sandro and the addition another, better midfielder he will be playing sporadically. He isn't good enough to start most games, yet he can be a good squad rotation player.

He didn't have a very good game today, yet through his performances he has proved he is good enough to play for us. He should not be starting every game like has, but with the health of Sandro and the addition another, better midfielder he will be playing sporadically. He isn't good enough to start most games, yet he can be a good squad rotation player.
Rather ditch big tom who won't get much better and put our hopes on TC as he's closer to the player type needed for AVB's preferred tactics, ie. mobile, quick and neat passer capable of both killer balls and ball retention.

I've been pleased with him.

His set pieces in the last couple of games have been uncharacteristically error-prone, but it's good for him to get a run of games.

Hope he stays with us. He offers something markedly different from most other center mids out there, and I'm fond of him playing as the anchor in a 4-3-3. His passing chops greatly improve our recycling of possession, something that Spurs have been very poor at this season. We've spent a lot of time on the ball this season, and Dembele has been an ace for us, but even still our reliance on his dribbling to create penetration has greatly limited the incisiveness of our attacking play.

I've been pleased with him.

His set pieces in the last couple of games have been uncharacteristically error-prone, but it's good for him to get a run of games.

Hope he stays with us. He offers something markedly different from most other center mids out there, and I'm fond of him playing as the anchor in a 4-3-3. His passing chops greatly improve our recycling of possession, something that Spurs have been very poor at this season. We've spent a lot of time on the ball this season, and Dembele has been an ace for us, but even still our reliance on his dribbling to create penetration has greatly limited the incisiveness of our attacking play.

He could be our Pirlo if we build around him properly and give him adequate protection in a midfield 4-3-3.

I think he isn't naturally slim and therefore needs to constantly work hard to keep fit, his lack of games don't help him (probably why AVB wanted him to go on loan). I suppose not everyone can eat shitloads of cheese and bacon burgers / double cheeseburgers and keep a 32 inch waistline.

Yeah, I'm talking about the svelte motherfucker that is me! :D

He was the head of "the secret McDonalds club" when Ramos was in charge

He's a big lad, I don't blame him but he needs to work his ass off.

I'm no fan of Redknapp but he is the only manager to get him playing aggressively. He's a massive flannel.

He was the head of "the secret McDonalds club" when Ramos was in charge

He's a big lad, I don't blame him but he needs to work his ass off.

I'm no fan of Redknapp but he is the only manager to get him playing aggressively. He's a massive flannel.

I have to agree he is a flannel, I've always wanted him to add some aggression to his game but the best he ever managed was to get sent off for petulance.

I have to agree he is a flannel, I've always wanted him to add some aggression to his game but the best he ever managed was to get sent off for petulance.

There was six months under Redknapp when he put himself about a bit.

Started getting between the man and the ball, having more confidence he would make a tackle without breaking someone.

Sadly it went with his injury

He did play more of a CM role under Redknapp though, AVB has him sitting deeper as part of a 3 so he isn't in the thick of it so much, which has seen him regress to his timid self.

To be fair, he has only played a few games since his injury and he's not easy to get match fit and in form...it really was a shame he didn't get a loan this season. If AVB does change to a 4-3-3 Hudd could be good in there, but he'd still need to get back to playing as he did to warrant a place.

Back
Top Bottom