Huddlestone

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Couldn't agree more with this. Way too slow for what top level football requires nowadays - big old unit but unfit with it. A shame because I think with better mentality and conditioning could have been an awesome player. Even so his passing could be awesome and scored a few incredible long-range shots like in the 3-3 NLD. Basically I think he was, overall, good, but also had a lot of unrealised potential.

I recall towards the end of his tenure he came back from a long term injury leaner and fitter than we'd ever seen him and he was on a blinding run of form before succumbing to one last injury, struggling then leaving.

On his day he was magic to watch.

Hudd is a free agent from today. We should bring him back to work with the Academy.
I'd love that but wreckon he could play for many years, he will be that midfielder a league 2 sign as Captain takes all their set pieces and doesn't run, but the class is their for all to see

My favourite Spurs player ever tbh, met him when I was 11 he stopped and had a pic with me, such a lovely guy

One of my presents for Xmas was 'A little book of Spurs', more than 185 quotes to do with Spurs. Reading one a day, randomly. Today's one...

"He wasn't born, he was chiselled out of an oak tree" - Alan Green (BBC 5 live) praising Huddlestone Vs Man Utd, Sept 2007.

One of my presents for Xmas was 'A little book of Spurs', more than 185 quotes to do with Spurs. Reading one a day, randomly. Today's one...

"He wasn't born, he was chiselled out of an oak tree" - Alan Green (BBC 5 live) praising Huddlestone Vs Man Utd, Sept 2007.
Ha, I got that at Christmas too 🎁

Ha, I got that at Christmas too 🎁

I didn't.

Anthony Anderson Reaction GIF

Is he still playing football? retired? I see he's out of contract but can't tell if he retired
Don't think he's officially retired yet

Lennon and Huddlestone without club but not seen anything suggesting they've retired.
Steed Malbranque has retired from professional football but was playing amateur football last year for FC Limonest in France but unclear if he's still there.

Of the 2008 league cup squad I think only Pascal Chimbonda is currently playing for a club (Pilkington FC)

Lennon and Huddlestone without club but not seen anything suggesting they've retired.
Steed Malbranque has retired from professional football but was playing amateur football last year for FC Limonest in France but unclear if he's still there.

Of the 2008 league cup squad I think only Pascal Chimbonda is currently playing for a club (Pilkington FC)

Bring him home!

Also plays for the spurs legends as well

Tom Huddlestone is appointed Manchester United U21 player-coach - after former Blackburn striker Benni McCarthy joined Erik ten Hag's coaching staff at the weekend​

• Tom Huddlestone is joining Manchester United as player-coach for the U21 side
  • The 35-year-old midfielder had been playing at Hull before leaving this summer
  • United hope to use his vast experience to mentor their promising youngsters
By SIMON JONES FOR THE DAILY MAIL

PUBLISHED: 23:24 BST, 1 August 2022 | UPDATED: 08:08 BST, 2 August 2022

Tom Huddlestone is joining Manchester United as a player-coach for the club's U21s.

The 35-year old midfielder had been playing at Hull City up until the end of last season and will use his vast experience to help mentor United's youngsters as they look to develop into first-team players.

United used a similar initiative last season when they brought in defender Paul McShane, who has since been promoted to full-time player development phase coach.

The proposed involvement of former England international Huddlestone is seen as vital by academy manager Nick Cox, who wants the younger United stars to tap into the midfielder's experience as they take their next steps.

Liverpool have taken similar steps this season by bringing back Jay Spearing to work with their young reserves. McShane knows Huddlestone from their time together at Hull and knew he had a desire to get into coaching.

That has helped pave the way for his move to Carrington with United ready to confirm the appointment this week. United have made a number of changes to their coaching set up this summer.

Former Porto, West Ham and Blackburn striker Benni McCarthy joined first-team manager Erik ten Hag's staff at the weekend.

McShane made only five appearances last season in his mentor role and Huddlestone is unlikely to play more than that barring injuries.

The 6ft 3ins former Spurs star views the opportunity as very much a coaching role where he can use his ability to help drive standards by taking part in training sessions.

Peak Huddy was when he was next to Modric. So much creativity in that spurs MF and Luka covered his lack of mobility via. world class work rate. Luka leaving spurs was worse than Bale leaving for me. World class Midfielders are on another planet really.

Back
Top Bottom