Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The posts on here debating what level of pain it might be acceptable for a player of ours who has just dislocated his elbow and torn his tendons to feel, along with the "man up" and "I had my arm amputated and regarded it as a mere flesh wound" type comments are a fucking disgrace

Morning all. Found someone who's solved the Giroud issue Hugo was having:

DiKnMNbWkAEiC2_
Like this one too...
DiLHCfvW4AMr51P.jpg

Hugo Lloris may not be a Tottenham Hotspur player right now had it not been for the appointment of Mauricio Pochettino. Speaking to French newspaper L'Equipe, in a lengthy interview which mainly focused on France's Euro 2016 hopes, Lloris was asked about a failed moved to Manchester United last summer, and whether he regrets that a big transfer didn't come off.

Rather expertly taking the question away from Manchester United and making it generally more about his own experience with Tottenham, Lloris was quite honest and explained the London club hadn't been one he was happy with before the arrival of the new manager.

But Pochettino changed everything for the Frenchman, and Lloris explained to L'Equipe "I've flourished completely here. I can even say that since the arrival of Pochettino I found new benchmarks.

"My second season here was complicated, I had kept a certain level of performance but collectively there were too many gaps and it had been against the big teams. I had not felt a strong club, but rather an unstable one, with a coaching change in the middle of the season, just the opposite of what I like to see in football. I was actually asking myself questions until Pochettino arrived.

"Even when it was not working yet, I said: "Do not worry, we will get there." His speech was clear, we suddenly knew where we were going. With the quality of the workforce, and work ethic that is in training, there is no reason that we don't progress."

Lloris waxing lyrical about the Tottenham manager will be a joy to supporters of the club. It's clear that players enjoy working for Pochettino and for Lloris it's made him stop asking questions about his own future.

I’ve not been a fan of Hugo over the last couple of years and have been highly critical of him, but I have to say that in recent games he has been incredible. Beaten on by a couple of rockets, solid and dependable and his distribution has been much, much better. Only right to recognise that.

No, my mind was obviously elsewhere when I made this account, but on the other hand, I kind of feel glad that I have allowed these esteemed Keyboard Warriors to get their feelings off their chests. Who knows, maybe one day an Woolwich fan might read their vitriol. I doubt it though...

:adebaehug:

Ignoring the obvious inaccuracies. You aren't actually disagreeing with what I said... are you?

I was like

:chadliblow::carrollwtf::dier::kanewtf::levywtf:

Then I was like
:harrylol::avblol::adelol::vdvdive:

Sure, I mean, I agree with the above, but... why are you telling me? :levylol:

I feel like you all missed the point of my post and were a bit waylaid once you reached my username. Seriously, you guys wouldn't want Casillas in goal? Sure it wouldn't be a long term solution, but he is quality.

Such an easy mistake to make, the word Gunner is so frequently used its hard to not include it ina name..

I once joined a 911 memorial forum and I called myself Billy Bin Laden as my mind was elsewhere..

Prick...

Speaking to the French press during this week's international break, Lloris waxed lyrical about Tottenham, praising the club's facilities, fans, manager, infrastructure and future.

“There can always be opportunities. We don’t control everything. What is certain, is that I’m currently at an ambitious club who has been in the top 6 for the past eight years," Lloris told Nice Matin.

"Tottenham still has the means to progress. We have incredible facilities, very promising youngsters, great fans and soon a new stadium that will be one of the nicest in Europe.

“On top of that, we have a manager who has a philosophy, a way of working to which I adhere to completely. He’s created a soul in this team. This club is going in the right direction, but each year, the level gets higher. In other leagues, you can predict what will happen.”
:llorishuh:

Hugo basically called out the reserve players, the guys who are not starting in the PL are showing a feeble attitude. Dier, Sissoko, Winks and others played like they felt they were too good to be involved in a fixture like this. They showed exactly why they are no longer in the first XI.

Too many players in this squad are arrogant, they think they are better than they are just because they have some international caps and have played in a a few cup semi finals. They think the Europa League is beneath them. Well they are wrong, they just showed the world that they are not good enough for the Europa League.

The gradual decline in the talent level of our squad has exposed just how weak some of our players are, both mentally and technically. There is no Dembele or Eriksen for the lesser midfielders to lean on, nobody to mask their flaws. You give players like Dier, Winks and Sissoko big responsibility in a game like this and they can’t handle it.

Yesterday’s game should end the Tottenham career of several players, with only league matches and a cup final to play it will be easy to banish some of them. Yesterday has the same stench as the 1-5 against Newcastle when Poch was in charge. Complacent, arrogant, and a basic lack of quality when big players are not in the XI.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom