Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No, you went after him for his use of English.

You knew exactly what he was saying, or at least what he was trying to say.

Let's not play games here.

When I said 'as opposed to what?' it was to point out that 'looks like' only has one meaning.

You said his English was good. I said a person's English isn't good if they don't know what 'looks like' means.

Everything I said was a fact. That is not ridiculing him.

It's not playing games either.

In fact, you're the one playing the 'getting all offended over absolutely nothing' card.

Maybe you check the profile of every user on this forum before replying to them but I don't.

Just get over yourself. I'm sure fogueres fogueres can stick up for himself if he wanted to.

Last edited:
When I said 'as opposed to what?' it was to point out that 'looks like' only has one meaning.

You said his English was good. I said a person's English isn't good if they don't know what 'looks like' means.

In fact, you're the one playing the 'getting all offended over absolutely nothing' card.

Make you check the profile of every user on this forum before replying to them but I don't.

Just get over yourself. I'm sure fogueres fogueres can stick up for himself if he wanted to.

If you had just said "fair enough" when I told you he was Italian this would of all been over.
Instead you became to invested in defending yourself, so you're scrambling around looking for an out.

I'm not the only one who thinks so despite your "the only one" comment.
I've said what I've said and stick by it and am happy to move on.

No, you went after him for his use of English.

You knew exactly what he was saying, or at least what he was trying to say.

Let's not play games here.

Thanks for the support and I add that they are right to criticize my English: it isn’t offensive . By now I know the forum.

My initial doubt about Pasolini was that he looks like Lloris but not so much so I wasn't sure I understood correctly. I didn't understand if there was a "literary" reference since Pasolini was a great homosexual writer / director who loved football.
He was a great intellectual (Callas was crazy about him):he frequented the Roman "living rooms" and the worst suburbs. He died in mysterious circumstances

Lloris_2018_%28cropped%29.jpg

1200px-Pier_Paolo_Pasolini2.jpg

6163fe4917451efffd566d820e0ecf.jpg

Make you check the profile of every user on this forum before replying to them but I don't.

My doubt wasn’t on the meaning of the word but on the fact that in some photos they are similar, in others less (Pasolini had the toughest traits). That's why I asked for clarification.

:thumbup::D

Thanks for the support and I add that they are right to criticize my English: it isn’t offensive . By now I know the forum.

My initial doubt about Pasolini was that he looks like Lloris but not so much so I wasn't sure I understood correctly. I didn't understand if there was a "literary" reference since Pasolini was a great homosexual writer / director who loved football.
He was a great intellectual (Callas was crazy about him):he frequented the Roman "living rooms" and the worst suburbs. He died in mysterious circumstances
Correcting your English is fine, no problem with that.
Criticising you for it, is not.
In my opinion anyway.

Did you use the right word?

Last edited:
If you had just said "fair enough" when I told you he was Italian this would of all been over.
Instead you became to invested in defending yourself, so you're scrambling around looking for an out.

I'm not the only one who thinks so despite your "the only one" comment.
I've said what I've said and stick by it and am happy to move on.

I'm not going to say 'fair enough' if I don't agree with you (sorry to disappoint...)

I have my own opinion, you have yours.

If I was 'looking for an out' I would have just stopped responding and saying that other people feel the same as you isn't going to suddenly make me agree and give you the answer you want.

I've said what I've said and I stick by it so, yeah... let's move on.

My doubt wasn’t on the meaning of the word but on the fact that in some photos they are similar, in others less (Pasolini had the toughest traits). That's why I asked for clarification.

:thumbup::D

There's a definite similarity between them.

I think it's always noticeable but in some cases, it's really striking.

I think mysterious is probably an understatement.

He was brutally murdered.

One person was convicted for the killing but, considering his injuries, I find it hard to believe that there weren't others involved.

I'm not going to say 'fair enough' if I don't agree with you (sorry to disappoint...)

I have my own opinion, you have yours.

If I was 'looking for an out' I would have just stopped responding and saying that other people feel the same as you isn't going to suddenly make me agree and give you the answer you want.

I've said what I've said and I stick by it so, yeah... let's move on.
Saying "fair enough" doesnt mean that you agree with me, only that you didn't know he was Italian.

All I did was point out that his English wasn't the best and you went full on Captain Kirk (Red alert and shields up) by going into defence mode.

Your words are there for all to see, but if you say you wasn't trying to take the piss, I'll accept that.
Fair enough?

Last edited:
Saying "fair enough" doesnt mean that you agree with me, only that you didn't know he was Italian.

You can tell from my messages that I didn't know he was Italian.

All I did was point out that his English wasn't the best and you went full on Captain Kirk (Red alert and shields up) by going into defence mode.

No, I didn't. Don't be ridiculous.

Your words are there for all to see, but if you say you wasn't trying to take the piss, I'll accept that.
Fair enough?

No, not fair enough.

Because you said you were happy to move on and I said in response that I was happy to do so as well.

But you've started this whole thing again because you want to have the final word and finish this on your terms.

Just let it go, for God's sake.

You can tell from my messages that I didn't know he was Italian.

No, I didn't. Don't be ridiculous.

No, not fair enough.

Because you said you were happy to move on and I said in response that I was happy to do so as well.

But you've started this whole thing again because you want to have the final word and finish this on your terms.

Just let it go, for God's sake.

Your memory must be slipping, here is my first post to you.
Mate, he's Italian and although his English is good it isn't top notch.
Give him a break.

Note :I didn't have a go at you, I only pointed out that he was Italian and to give him a break.
You then knew he wasn't English but still you insist that you didn't know.

Righto.

Now I've said that, I'll let it go and allow you to have the last word.

Note :I didn't have a go at you, I only pointed out that he was Italian and to give him a break.

Righto.

OH...

MY...

GOD...

I'm not insisting that I didn't know he was Italian after you pointed it out.

Why are you even making an issue of this still??

Of course, I realised he was Italian at that point.

But when I said that I don't check people's profiles before replying to them, it obviously meant (to anyone who can put two and two together) that I didn't know he was Italian when I first replied to him.

I assumed you could put two and two together... My mistake...

Yeah, and before you think of pointing out that he's got Juve in his picture, I've got two Scotsmen in mine and I'm English.

Last edited:
OH...

MY...

GOD...

I'm not insisting that I didn't know he was Italian after you pointed it out.

Why are you even making an issue of this still??

Of course, I realised he was Italian at that point.

But when I said that I don't check people's profiles before replying to them, it obviously meant (to anyone who can put two and two together) that I didn't know he was Italian when I first replied to him.

I assumed you could put two and two together... My mistake...

Yeah, and before you think of pointing out that he's got Juve in his picture, I've got two Scotsman in mine and I'm English.
Which is why I said that if you had said "fair enough" after my first post, we wouldn't be here having this conversation.
You could of even said something like "I didn't know that"
But you didn't, you replied with a comment about him having bad English.

It really is that simple and how you can't see that is beyond me.

Oh, well never mind

Ok. I'll leave it there.

Glad you had the last word.

Dear God…

You just HAD to do it, didn’t you?

This guy says he’s happy to move on, but what does he do?

(He carries on…)

Then he says he’ll let it go, so what does he do?

That’s right, you guessed it…

(He still carries on...)

Then, he says: ‘I’ll leave it there’ and he expects me to believe that…

fogueres has not once made an issue of this but you just won’t let it go, will you?

The time to drop this was when we both said that it was time to move on but no…

You had to go on and on and ON…

It’s now time for you to join the other idiots on my ignore list and, just like them, you can spend the rest of your life sulking and petulantly disagreeing with my posts because that’s all you can do.

Twat.

Righto.

Careful stevee stevee - You'll be the next on a very illustrious, yet rapidly assembled ignore list if you're not careful. :angryscouser:

Dear God…

(He carries on…)

(He still carries on...)

fogueres has not once made an issue of this but you just won’t let it go, will you?

It’s now time for you to join the other idiots on my ignore list and, just like them, you can spend the rest of your life sulking and petulantly disagreeing with my posts because that’s all you can do.

Twat.
Translation :
I can't dispute anything in your last post so I'll ignore all the points you made in it.

The last bit was a bit rude, but at least you had the last word.

:mourthumb:

Dear God…

(He carries on…)

(He still carries on...)

Twat.

:dembelelol:

Logs on in the morning....

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom