Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyone else think he should have done better with the hit and hope shot?

If he had gone with his left hand which was closest to the ball and would have afforded him a greater reach he may have saved it. Would like to see him at least try to make a bit of an effort with some of the goals he has conceded recently even if he thinks he can’t get to them. He didn’t really move for the pen v Utd, and stood rooted to the spot for Spam’s first two goals. At least make an attempt to save them because maybe you can surprise yourself every now and then. Having said that I am not a goalkeeper and he has been excellent for us recently and certainly wasn’t the reason we didn’t win today

More a professional time waster than a serious goalkeeper these days though
When it comes to goalkeeping I'll take the word of an actual goalkeeper over Souness and his goalkeeping analysis every day of the week.

There is also quite a bit of stuff out there about modern-day 'keepers all opting for 'top hand' saves, over bottom hand saves, these always get called out by non-goalkeeping pundits but always defended by modern-day 'keepers. But in essence, keepers go with "top hand' for top corners and bottom hand for bottom corners. It's apparently all to do with reducing body rotation when going top hand and with the bottom hand is about getting a longer stretch/reach but again the dive is flat and much less rotation.

de-gea-casillas-topcorner-1024x395.jpg

Souness knows fuck all about the outfield players, the bloke is stealing a living. What does he know about goal keepers? Go and sign Ali Dia and fuck off.

I think the top hand/bottom hand thing is a modern goalkeeping technique designed to deal with more movement in the modern footballs. It's a way of making a best guess decision rather than trusting the ball to make a true flight and decide early where the ball is going.

Perhaps having got there Hugo could have got a stronger touch on the ball, but 95 times out of 100 that shot goes in.

When it comes to goalkeeping I'll take the word of an actual goalkeeper over Souness and his goalkeeping analysis every day of the week.

There is also quite a bit of stuff out there about modern-day 'keepers all opting for 'top hand' saves, over bottom hand saves, these always get called out by non-goalkeeping pundits but always defended by modern-day 'keepers. But in essence, keepers go with "top hand' for top corners and bottom hand for bottom corners. It's apparently all to do with reducing body rotation when going top hand and with the bottom hand is about getting a longer stretch/reach but again the dive is flat and much less rotation.

de-gea-casillas-topcorner-1024x395.jpg

Then I bow to your greater knowledge. Bloody goalkeepers always knew they were bonkers!

Then I bow to your greater knowledge. Bloody goalkeepers always knew they were bonkers!
Not my knowledge mate, if that was me I would have tried to have used my feet lol. But started to get into some of the 'keeping stuff when David Preece started writing some pieces, found them fascinating.

It's a mad that even the analytics world of the game still hasn't agreed on a baseline for measurement yet other than "clean sheets".

Back
Top Bottom