Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I prefer him to stay but we should be able to get a good replacement and if he left Kane would be promoted to Captain making him more likely to stay.

PEH would be my choice as captain.

In fact, I'd have him as captain now.

I don't see how a goalkeeper can captain a side on the pitch to the same extent that an outfield player could.

I'd rather he stays, simply because it is not going to be easy to replace his quality. Goalkeepers can continue longer than outfield players, so a three year deal wouldn't be unreasonable. However, if he wants to go, then as long as we get a decent deal for him, then let him go. I don't want anyone on the payroll who isn't 100% committed to the Club, and that goes for every player.

Overlook Kane as Captain and he will be off. If the position is available it has to go to Kane.

You might be right but that would seem very odd to me:

2015 - No trophies.
Kane: 'I'm staying. Come on you Spurs!' (kisses the shirt)

2016 - No trophies.

2017 - No trophies.

2018 - No trophies.

2019 - No trophies.

2020 - No trophies.

2021 - 'Harry, we're giving the captaincy to PEH.'
Kane: 'Fuck you. Fuck this shit. I'm leaving.'

Hugo has to go. He's the captain, he's fairly mute and has too many clangers. If we ever want to make it to the next level we could do with someone that has a bit of spark about them to be the leader on the pitch and a keeper that's going to beat the defense into shape.

Hugo has to go. He's the captain, he's fairly mute and has too many clangers. If we ever want to make it to the next level we could do with someone that has a bit of spark about them to be the leader on the pitch and a keeper that's going to beat the defense into shape.
Fully agree we have a captain who crumbles time after time in big games especially against Liverpool and City jsut look back over the last 5 years or so.

We are really throwing him under the bus after one game!?

Could have done better but fuck me, did you see what he had infront of him?

We are really throwing him under the bus after one game!?

Could have done better but fuck me, did you see what he had infront of him?
Sure the defence are ropey but they could do with a strong leader behind them. Hugo is mute, he should be directing what's in front of him. Especially so as he's the captain

If we don't concede that goal at HT..who knows?
It was a combination of errors but as Rio said..if the GK has to lose a tooth coming for that cross then lose the tooth.
Seems like Hugo wants to keep his Fred Sirieix smile.

Some fucking schoolboy errors tonight. Shame as he's been very solid recently. Hope this isn't the start of him going back to the form of 12 months ago...

Some fucking schoolboy errors tonight. Shame as he's been very solid recently. Hope this isn't the start of him going back to the form of 12 months ago...
He has gone from commanding his area to barely commanding his 6 yard box.
He causes panic in our area and many of the set piece goals we concede are down to lack of leadership.
Good keepers can be heard screaming at their defenders at all set pieces Hugo is like a fucking mouse.
And his distribution is of of the worst I have ever seen he barely reaches the half way line with his goa[ kicks.
He alone cost us the first 2 goals tonight

Back
Top Bottom