Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lloris had a dodgy spell around the time of his drink/driving incident. These last 6 months he has been excellent and I do not need stats to prove it. There is too much change in store that I do not want to lose him as well.
Let me just raise the question since it just becomes ever clearer that there are major rifts in the dressing room.

Are we sure Lloris is a good captain? Captaincy is probably a bit overrated, but this is this a dressing room that's well led?

Let me just raise the question since it just becomes ever clearer that there are major rifts in the dressing room.

Are we sure Lloris is a good captain? Captaincy is probably a bit overrated, but this is this a dressing room that's well led?
Maybe but unlessKane is staying who else would be able to lead. Kane has said the team has a lack of leaders. I'm

Maybe but unless Kane is staying who else would be able to lead.
If that search is that hard, you've found your problem.

I dunno, I think Lloris is a very good player, being a World Cup winner certainly gives him a stature, and he's been captain everywhere he's ever been, including by no less a meatball than Deschamps, there are clearly leadership qualities there. In a vacuum I'd say we're lucky to have him wearing the armband.

But the more you read and hear about the bad atmosphere at the club, and the more the need for change seems clear, that's one thing we could change.

We need more of the right characters, it’s not Hugo or Harry’s fault that we have so many feeble-minded players. Kane and Hugo have basically called out the rest of them for not being serious or tough enough.
Remember Eriksen laughing when Jose told them the infamous c***s line? Obviously it’s turns out okay for Eriksen, but the fact so many of them don’t even get the point of winning at all costs.

Still think Emiliano Martinez would be a good replacement when Lloris eventually leaves and is HG to boot.

If we let Lloris go, it will be a pretty big gap to fill. I think there are enough already.

I'd rather wait another season, I think he has been great this year.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom