Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Great performance on his 300th game.

I know he will move on sooner than later, and many want him out earlier, but I think today shows why he should be our #1 all season and then we can start looking at Gollini to take over after that.

Great performance on his 300th game.

I know he will move on sooner than later, and many want him out earlier, but I think today shows why he should be our #1 all season and then we can start looking at Gollini to take over after that.
I have to admit I’ve never been Hugo’s biggest fan he has been outstanding in these past couple of matches though
Definitely Gollini will get plenty of minutes this season too probably less so in the league but I think he’ll be more than ready to take over from Lloris when he does move on

COYS

He's still susceptible to a bit of flapping and the odd near post failure, but Lloris on the whole he's been immense in the last season or so. I was quite happy for him to move on a couple of years back, but now hope and think he needs a new deal to stay until he retires.

He's been incredible these first two games.

Interesting that he mentioned "Steve & Fabio" the way he did...... Seems they're having some degree of involvement with the lads from week to week.

Some have already expressed a concern about this, but as long as it meshes well with Nuno and the lads then it's good that the players are building a relationship with the club beyond just the matchday participants (as it is with SH & FP beyond the scouts and boardroom).

Last edited:
I don’t think Lloris wants to go and now PSG don’t need him. I’d rather give him a new contract. He is still just about the best in the business.

I think he'll extend his deal at the end of the season too. 34 is not old for a keeper... Just ask Buffon. It's not like he's got a big frame that'll weigh him down either or has had a lot of bad injures that will have begun to take their toll.

I see we're at it too - acting like football started in 1992!!!!
Agreed but it appears to be what it is these days.

Injuries permitting, he should surpass Mullery, Cliff Jones, Greaves, Blanchflower & Mike England this season which is quite incredible. Given how good he is I hope we extend his contract (he's earnt the right to choose what he wants to do IMO), which with another injury-free season could take him into the top 10 of all-time longest-serving players.

I think 300 league appearances puts him at around 12 or 13 on the all time league appearances list and around 18 or 19 on the all time appearances list.
Sadly like it or not for a huge portion of our fan base football did only start in 1992. We have a lot of younger fans who’ve only known the premier league era and the tv rights that came with the premier league opened up football to the world in a way it hadn’t been before.

I'm no way disrespecting Hugo, by the way, it is a great achievement, it just irks me that club records are now being set just in the PL era, as though the century before has no significance on our history. When you come down to it, the PL is just a fancy name for the First Division.

He’s a club legend in my book. And best keeper I’ve witnessed at Spurs
Same. Jennings was/is always a schoolboy hero of mine but I can't make the comparison for quality between the two because as a schoolboy I don't trust my ability to judge a player as I do now. I am perfectly happy to have them on equal footing (Hugo not playing for Woolwich makes up for not winning a trophy, in an era where winning trophies was more spread out and random than it is now).

After the drink/driving incident, I was all for stripping him of his captaincy, and I wasn't struck on having a keeper as skipper anyway, just my personal view.
However, I thought he can across very well in the interview after the game yesterday, very statesman-like, and he's playing as well as ever, if not better.
I think we could get a couple more seasons out of him, his experience is/will be invaluable during the upcoming rebuild.

Back
Top Bottom