Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Brilliant outcome. I've criticised his positioning and distribution, and questioned why he lets in so many goals at his near post at times. But he's been in arguably his best form for us over the last couple of years and as Mrs P says, is showing his leadership ability.

We will all never forget the Leicester games ridiculousness at the end, but that Hugo sprint will live in the memory forever. My captain.

I hold my hands up couple of times last year esp liverpool thought he was finished and was prone to mistakes but fuck me hes been outstanding this year. Club legend one of the best 💪💪

Already in the realm of ‘club legend’ in my opinion. Could have left us many times over, and when he was at his peak he would have been on a lot of clubs’ shopping lists. But he stuck with us, and for that he deserves to retire here. In recent seasons, only Super Jan comes close.

When people argue about whether Spurs have a world class player in either Son or Kane, I point at Hugo and say “right there”

Despite people referencing his age has there been a better keeper in world football this Year or indeed over the last 10 years?

i Have Lloris second to Neuer on the best GK chart.

Thanks but don’t be. I’m a big Hugo fan but it’s obvious he’s not the keeper he was 5 years ago.
Wasn’t his most convincing match last night but he’s been consistently exceptional for about two years now and he’s really cut out the mistakes, and that’s with generally far more work to do than he used to have.

Makes me wonder what the fuck Jiminez was doing with him.

Crazy to think how much better he is with his feet compared to 3 years ago
There's a very big change. We've almost eliminated him in our build-up from the back, it's almost exclusively done by the CB's, PEH/Winks/Skipp. Saw a good visual of this a month or two ago but as usual, I can't fucking find it now.

But I do agree with you that his long ball distribution is miles better than it's ever been, he's often finding Kane or the WB's out wide. I think that this may be due to the fact that is just having to focus on this range more (no long & short, no different weights of pass to think about) if that is just being asked of him. And/or as Conte's build-up follows strict patterns of play that he's not having to think in the spur of the moment who's available to receive, he knows if he's called on to go long from the back that this is all mapped out beforehand, so receiving players are also getting ready to receive the ball long from him (WB's, Kane etc)????

Back
Top Bottom