Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I certainly don’t rate him as highly as some on here. He’s our best keeper since Clemence but after ten years he’s past his best.

I don’t think that’s bias it’s a point of view based on watching him play
Fair enough.

He was immense yesterday though and you were acting all luke warm. Not sure that’s fair but it is a point of view!

He wasn’t immense, he made one very good save and a few routine saves, at the end he almost gifted a goal.

It seems he’s above criticism for some
It seems that it is not popular to agree with you on Lloris. But I think you are right. He made some excellent stops but he does make mistakes in every game, even those games where he is called on very little. It seems one very good game amongst a cluster of recent mistake ridden very mediocre games makes him a fantastic keeper again in the eyes of some

It seems that it is not popular to agree with you on Lloris. But I think you are right. He made some excellent stops but he does make mistakes in every game, even those games where he is called on very little. It seems one very good game amongst a cluster of recent mistake ridden very mediocre games makes him a fantastic keeper again in the eyes of some
Yep, because he’s such a decent bloke that’s been with us ten years he’s above criticism, I’m merely pointing out that at his age, understandably he’s not the keeper he was.

“He saved us today,” Son said. “We scored goals but if Hugo wasn’t there, probably we were 3-1 down or 4-1 down. Hugo saved us in tough times when we needed him. He was turning like a superman – it is insane.”

matspur
blackburn

Equally you can acknowledge when he shows his class.

The Tottenham captain told Football.London: “Since day one under Antonio Conte we can feel the improvement, we can feel the way he wants us to play.

“We faced difficulties and a tough moment in February with a few defeats that hurt the confidence of the team, but with the work – and it’s no secret, with the repetition of work – we are at the level we’re at today.

“But it’s not the moment to decrease our level, we need to push until the end, but we all enjoy it. We all enjoy playing together, suffering together.”

Spurs’ 4-0 win over Aston Villa seemed like a coming-of-age performance from the side as they had to weather a storm in the first half, with the home side throwing the kitchen sink at them.

However, Conte’s men held firm and blew the Villans away at the start of the second half. Lloris implored his teammates not to rest on their laurels and to continue improving.

The goalkeeper added: “Again today (Saturday) it was a big battle. Honestly, Villa players deserve a lot of credit. It was like a storm in the first half but we stayed alive and then we knew we had the quality, but we conceded too many chances in the first half.

“There’s also an opponent with quality. So it’s difficult to control everything for 90 minutes because this is the Premier League, with a lot of talented players, with a lot of competitive teams and top managers.

“Every time you face a new opponent it’s a new challenge, with a new system, different skills.

“That’s why we all enjoy the Premier League, but with one game a week, we try to prepare as well as we can and I think we can be satisfied because we get rewarded for the work we do every week,

“But again, we have to stay focused on our main target and be focused on ourselves, not the others. There’s still seven games to play and 21 points to play for. We need to push until the end.”

The Frenchman admitted there is still plenty of room for improvement for this Spurs side but insisted the players are now better equipped to ride through tough moments than they were a month or two ago.

He added: “We can still improve in a lot of aspects of the game. We can get even more experience as a team under Antonio. I’m sure the tough moment we had in February will help us now and in the future.

“I think it was part of the process and the most important thing is to stick to the basics and continue to work in this way, but again, this league is very tough and every game is very tough, as we could see today.

“We must be ready to suffer at some point like we did in the first half.”

He wasn’t immense, he made one very good save and a few routine saves, at the end he almost gifted a goal.

It seems he’s above criticism for some
This is just a poor assessment. I've been critical of him many times but to be critical of him vs Villa is laughable. I would say he had one poor rebound (the one Dier cleared away) and his giveaway at the end was poor but by then the game was out of reach and I doubt Hugo tries that in a close game.

Crazy to ignore him making 7 saves in the first half, many of them very good. He also contributed on our 2nd goal.

This is just a poor assessment. I've been critical of him many times but to be critical of him vs Villa is laughable. I would say he had one poor rebound (the one Dier cleared away) and his giveaway at the end was poor but by then the game was out of reach and I doubt Hugo tries that in a close game.

Crazy to ignore him making 7 saves in the first half, many of them very good. He also contributed on our 2nd goal.
I wasn’t being critical, I simply pointed out he wasn’t “immense”

Back
Top Bottom