Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

probably a decent enough bloke but good riddance. fucking awful keeper, so overrated even when at his best. always had an absolute stinker in him and his sheer incompetence with actually playing the ball with his feet has rendered him absolutely useless in todays game.

looking forward to having a new number 1 for next year. that and a new backline, things will look soooo much better.
You're all heart.

probably a decent enough bloke but good riddance. fucking awful keeper, so overrated even when at his best. always had an absolute stinker in him and his sheer incompetence with actually playing the ball with his feet has rendered him absolutely useless in todays game.

looking forward to having a new number 1 for next year. that and a new backline, things will look soooo much better.
He’s washed up now, but he was a good keeper in his prime. Of course we persisted with him for 2-3 years too many, per usual.

He’s washed up now, but he was a good keeper in his prime. Of course we persisted with him for 2-3 years too many, per usual.
100%. He was a great player for years, the odd bollock dropped was offset by the incredible, instinctive saves. Kicking was always bad, last three years it’s been laughable. See ya

Too much disrespect on this guy's name, there's a whole load of recency bias as far as I'm concerned, for the vastly most part he was a top keeper and a model pro, should be respected.

Too much disrespect on this guy's name, there's a whole load of recency bias as far as I'm concerned, for the vastly most part he was a top keeper and a model pro, should be respected.
I don’t think anyone’s disagreeing with him being excellent for the bulk of his tenure at the club, and in due time he’ll get the recognition he deserves, but you can’t blame people for the recency bias.
He’s been absolute dog shit this year. The top 10 GK fumbles of 2023 in the league are probably covered by him and DDG. It’s a team sport, but on a few occasions he’s been well and truly the sole reason for costing us points.

More of a personal bug bear of mine but the drink driving incident really irked me.

I don’t think anyone’s disagreeing with him being excellent for the bulk of his tenure at the club, and in due time he’ll get the recognition he deserves, but you can’t blame people for the recency bias.
He’s been absolute dog shit this year. The top 10 GK fumbles of 2023 in the league are probably covered by him and DDG. It’s a team sport, but on a few occasions he’s been well and truly the sole reason for costing us points.

More of a personal bug bear of mine but the drink driving incident really irked me.
He's been poor for a couple of years. Hopefully the middle eastern move becomes a reality.

I noticed that this had started creeping into his game a few years ago and for some reason slipped under the radar of most on here. It has definitely got worse and he now stands rooted to the spot quite often. It is genuinely quite rare for other goalkeepers to idly stand by and watch the ball into the net. At least dive and give yourself a chance of saving it ffs
It’s weird because he’s still decent at reflex shot stopping but with experience, you’d expect judgement of where a shot ends up to improve with experience.

It’s like he’s become the opposite with the years.

Reflexes should slow, not judgment.

So assuming that Newcastle ends up as Hugo's last game for us. That means that he will bow out with 447 games played for us in all competitions. Putting him at 8th on the all time appearance list. And as the foreign player with the most appearances for Spurs.

Back
Top Bottom