Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He was great yesterday but he definitely does deserve the criticism when needed. He makes mistakes, he deserves to be called out for them. His distribution is still dog shit. And he will make an error in the next 3 games. It's part of his game :)

That's reasonable, but I doubt you'd be here praising him without my calling you out.

Hugo has faced 24 pens in his PL career and saved 6 of them.

Is this true?
In his career, he's faced 67 (all comps including friendlies). You can filter the details you need Hugo Lloris - Penalty statistics
I would also question what the definition of saved is, as looking at one of them they have Puncheon's attempt, which I hear the builders of the new stadium only discovered the ball last month.

Vardy didn't miss the penalty. Loris saved it and that was the key to the 3 points.
Lloris has always been World Class to me. Sure, he has made mistakes and so have every other keeper in the world. Let's not forget that he is not just the France No.1 keeper but he is also their captain and it was France who won the last World Cup!
Would we be 3rd without him?
:llorishowudoin:

I know he probably can't be trusted either but Harry Redknapp said it.

I just can't get my head round why he'd take far less money to play for (as per recent history) the less successful team... Especially considering the kind of character he's since revealed himself to be.

I just can't get my head round why he'd take far less money to play for (as per recent history) the less successful team... Especially considering the kind of character he's since revealed himself to be.

Champions League football. And I assume use us as a stepping stone.

No it’s not, apparently three of those six penalties were missed.

Still counts as a 'save' in the keeper's book ... the reason the player missed is because the keeper is there, no keeper even you could score most of the time ...

Hugo hadn't saved one before the Vardy save since 2014 ... but we'd only conceded 5 in the last three years (by comparison Woolwich have conceded 15 all scored) you can't save 'em if you don't face 'em ....

Still counts as a 'save' in the keeper's book ... the reason the player missed is because the keeper is there, no keeper even you could score most of the time ...

Hugo hadn't saved one before the Vardy save since 2014 ... but we'd only conceded 5 in the last three years (by comparison Woolwich have conceded 15 all scored) you can't save 'em if you don't face 'em ....
So if i was standing in goal and the opponent misses that makes me a top class keeper cause it counts as a "save"

Back
Top Bottom