Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

TWO match winning saves tonight, that one that he made 2mins into Stoppage time.

A CAPTAINS performance! No a bad year, World Cup winner and now Champions League Final.

WORLD FUCKING CLASS!

Was just going to post exactly the same thing:

Can lift the World Cup and Champions League trophy as captain in less than 12 months.

Legend!

It was so nice seeing him among the last goal celebrations! Usually you don't see the keeper run all the way up but that was an unforgettable moment

This was after he legged it up the pitch on the last corner we had - then legged it back to his own Penalty area
Yeah! He said in a post-match interview that that was the first time he'd done that in his career (barring when he was extremely young I think)

Hugo is more grounded now than he has been all season. I am not sure what helped it happen, but he has been much smarter out of the back in the last 2-3 months. He is more confident and dependable. It was odd how he came out of a WC win and seemed out of sorts the first half of the season. Mind you, these were very minor aberrations but enough to get you worried. Seems like things settled for him better in 2019.

Hugo is more grounded now than he has been all season. I am not sure what helped it happen, but he has been much smarter out of the back in the last 2-3 months. He is more confident and dependable. It was odd how he came out of a WC win and seemed out of sorts the first half of the season. Mind you, these were very minor aberrations but enough to get you worried. Seems like things settled for him better in 2019.

He was recovering from his DUI celebrations after the world cup :llorishowudoin:

I read very convicted articles about Hugo leaving in the summer? I can't seem to find anything on the googles now but I'm convinced from recent interviews and performances that even if this is the case,
he is ready to put in an incredible shift on 6/1. He wasn't rated amazingly in our 2nd leg game with Ajax but after rewatching the highlights I think he had an amazing performance. Never understood the request of some fans to play gazzaniga in his place.

5472.jpg

I wonder if those that say he's shit still think that because Allison Rudd goes in two-footed because "he got off too lightly in the media" for his drink driving.

Honestly, some people don't use their eyes when they watch football. They listen to shite pundits who hook up to a narrative without even bothering with their own analysis. Martin Tyler & Alan Smith say something in commentary and that's it, cast in stone as a truth.

The same can be said of the exact opposite of this argument too both Alisson & Edison are lorded every single game they play and yet I've seen them commit more errors in a single game than Lloris (the difference they attacking team, us, didn't profit from the error). They are ALL excellent 'keepers.

Those that want him sold got anything to say?

I wonder if those that say he's shit still think that because Allison Rudd goes in two-footed because "he got off too lightly in the media" for his drink driving.

Honestly, some people don't use their eyes when they watch football. They listen to shite pundits who hook up to a narrative without even bothering with their own analysis. Martin Tyler & Alan Smith say something in commentary and that's it, cast in stone as a truth.

The same can be said of the exact opposite of this argument too both Alisson & Edison are lorded every single game they play and yet I've seen them commit more errors in a single game than Lloris (the difference they attacking team, us, didn't profit from the error). They are ALL excellent 'keepers.

I think Alyson Rudd is a poor football journalist, but your rant is as two footed as hers in many ways, as even that radar shows he's got some severe deficiencies and they are things people also see with their eyes - like his poor distribution and claims. And I doubt anyone's opinion of Lloris was based on Alyson Rudd's rant, more the fact that they have watched him for years almost every game.

The below tells a different story about his shot stopping from last season for example. Only his positioning and aggressive distance were scoring high, shot stopping clearly poor, along with distribution and claiming balls (which remain poor this season) he should be.

Overall I think he's had a better season than last, but one of the reason's his shot stopping score has risen is almost certainly due to us facing much more shots and better quality shots (x/g wise) as this is how their metric is derived by evaluating the x/g of shots faced and the quantity.

He's a decent keeper, but plenty of the criticism has been fair and is fuck all to do with Alyson Rudd. The issue has always been "who would we upgrade him with", not that he's perfect (who is).

Very few, if any, fans were screaming that they 'want him sold' as you're portraying here. What some were saying is that IF the opportunity came to upgrade on him then it should be something that is considered, which, in light of some of his goalkeeping over the last couple of seasons, is a very reasonable thought process to have I would have thought.

I haven't listened to any pundits opinion on Lloris, I've watched him in every game he's played for Spurs and seen he's been quite clearly gradually declining, his distribution from the back(a vital part of our game) is appalling and he makes more glaring errors than any other top six goalkeeper.

Of course replacing him isn't a pressing issue in the slightest compared to our other problems, but I would hope within the club there is at least discussions going on about who his successor will eventually be.

Very few, if any, fans were screaming that they 'want him sold' as you're portraying here. What some were saying is that IF the opportunity came to upgrade on him then it should be something that is considered, which, in light of some of his goalkeeping over the last couple of seasons, is a very reasonable thought process to have I would have thought.

I haven't listened to any pundits opinion on Lloris, I've watched him in every game he's played for Spurs and seen he's been quite clearly gradually declining, his distribution from the back(a vital part of our game) is appalling and he makes more glaring errors than any other top six goalkeeper.

Of course replacing him isn't a pressing issue in the slightest compared to our other problems, but I would hope within the club there is at least discussions going on about who his successor will eventually be.
Absolute bullshit mate, the thread is full of it, people queueing up to slate the fella. All because of the media bigging up the mistakes. Also, "it's time for Gazza" etc. etc. etc.

Yes, there were errors, the problem is when you've got no midfield and a championship Right Back that the oppo fill their boots with there are going to be consequences. In addition, the oppo scored from the errors presented to them, other 'keepers didn't have the misfortune of their errors being punished. Media only report of "goals scored from errors", not errors made but not scored. I referenced the errors that both Ederson and Alisson made against us (only in our games against their respective teams and BOTH were terrible, we didn't profit from them especially Alisson!! Yet it's Alisson's stats that I think are the best in the league of least goals scored from his errors, it makes it looks like he doesn't make errors, he absolutely does, just he was one lucky son of a bitch that no one scored from them).

This has been my running commentary all season, go back through the thread and check if you like.

Back
Top Bottom