Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It baffles me how he ended up captain of a WC winning team. Or why any goalie ends up as a captain... they may have a big voice in the dressing room but if hes 60+ yards away from the ball how can he see whats going on? And thats me as a fully paid up member of the Goalkeepers Lib saying it... just strange.

This team lacks leaders on the pitch and has done for some time. Hugo is still a good goalkeeper but I feel hes captain due to lack of other options. And that says a lot for the current Spurs squad and where we are right now.

Real streaky player which Hugo will turn up?

He's been here for 8 years now so it's probably time to settle in a new keeper problem is Gazza/Vorm just aren't good enough.

I feel like we have always been cursed with keepers who make more errors than your average. Gomes, an amazing shot stopper who would just come out with howlers.

Robinson was solid for a while then just had a season of mistakes.

Huge has had his fair share of shockers.

We bring Vorm in for one FA cup game and he spills the ball.

And the problem with a poor keeper is it spreads throughout the defence no matter how much you try and juggle it

All these Jose critics should consider this aspect
WTF is he supposed to do?

Pope, Henderson and time a lesser extent, Heaton are all more promising options.

Pope and Henderson are up at the top of the clean sheet charts, English (so home-grown and wouldn’t take up overseas slots) and I suspect could be obtained without being molested too much financially.

Hugo is too erratic and too old. Great shot stopper at times but makes too many errors and has absolute dog wank distribution.

its not just about clean sheets when picking a new goalie
how many shoots per game ?
what type of shoots (shows how well team defends)

And the problem with a poor keeper is it spreads throughout the defence no matter how much you try and juggle it

All these Jose critics should consider this aspect
WTF is he supposed to do?

Agree with this in general, however of the GK's we have Hugo is by far and away the most reliable. Even with his brain snaps. Gaz and Vorm are bog average.

Pope, Henderson and time a lesser extent, Heaton are all more promising options.

Pope and Henderson are up at the top of the clean sheet charts, English (so home-grown and wouldn’t take up overseas slots) and I suspect could be obtained without being molested too much financially.

Hugo is too erratic and too old. Great shot stopper at times but makes too many errors and has absolute dog wank distribution.
Clean sheet stats isn't a good measure at all on how good a 'keeper is, that's more down to the defence. Take a look at the percentage of shots saved that he's faced, and you will see there isn't a better 'keeper for that metric. There are now starting to produce XG for 'keepers (so taking into account the quality of shot faced) and he heads up that list too.

Were it not down to his save around 85mins we would have lost this game.

His performance tonight was frightening. If he can't get back to any kind of form, then a new GK has to be one of our priorities in the summer. Gazza and Vorm obviously aren't options.

I'd want us to sign a keeper for the future, but I'd actually be happy with Ben Foster at this point.

Back
Top Bottom