Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Like a lot of people here, I think his performances since the return have been nothing short of sensational.
I too have been quite critical of his leadership, especially since the drink-driving incident.
I didn't agree with what he did to Sonny, well not in public anyway, but in retrospect, it was probably a good thing, and it all blew over by the end of the game.
Hugo has certainly earned his 'Spurs' over the last few weeks and we can all see why he is the skipper.

90 minutes completed: 19
W: 11
D: 5
L: 3
PPG: 2

Points over a whole season: 76

Which is 2 points off 2nd place with a game to go.

Wow! Just keeping Hugo healthy over the course of a season puts us into the top four. Add a good DM, good CB, and decent back up striker and we are very competitive in all competitions.

To think, people want to replace him.

A huge number of us did, including me. He’s been incredible since not only the restart but generally since he was fit again this season. Absolute turnaround.

His distribution is still a bit shit, but he’s saved us in so many games.

A huge number of us did, including me. He’s been incredible since not only the restart but generally since he was fit again this season. Absolute turnaround.

His distribution is still a bit shit, but he’s saved us in so many games.
This poses a question. He has found his form, effectively, since Pochetinno left. (He was one of Pochettino's biggest supporters)

How much of our performance decline is linked to that Burnley Game....we were on the edge of what would have really been an impossible title race at that point. After Burnley, we only won 3 of the remaining 12. Did the shenanigans at Burnley cause Pochetinno to lose the dressing room?

This poses a question. He has found his form, effectively, since Pochetinno left. (He was one of Pochettino's biggest supporters)

How much of our performance decline is linked to that Burnley Game....we were on the edge of what would have really been an impossible title race at that point. After Burnley, we only won 3 of the remaining 12. Did the shenanigans at Burnley cause Pochetinno to lose the dressing room?

The slide last year (I think) began when we let a 1-0 lead at home slip to a 3-1 defeat to Wolves at the end of December...... We were bang in the title race until then; but you could argue that Everton & Dortmund aside we didn't play well again until Palace at home this season.

.....But yeh, further contributory occasions like Burnley, dropping Lucas, saying he'd quit if we won the CL(*) etc., the diamond, struggling to integrate our new signings, the Leicester away debacle this season all presumably played a part.

(*You can see why senior players that pledged their future to him on the basis of talk of 'win one trophy and the many will follow' would have felt betrayed by that comment.)

Last edited:
That's so insane!
It's a great save, doubt it's even his best though.

The big issue with Hugo and also Toby is what player starts next season. Up to the restart Toby was utter shite, called out by his manager against Villa and couldn't mark a coupon. Hugo was shaky all season with the Brighton fuck up being something I doubt you'd even see at Sunday morning level. Since the restart both have been different players, which begs the question, what the fuck happened to them?

Will they continue this form or go back to previous. That's a big big question.

It's a great save, doubt it's even his best though.

The initial save, perhaps not, but the overall ball recover preventing the ball from going over the line throughout is completely crazy!

The big issue with Hugo and also Toby is what player starts next season. Up to the restart Toby was utter shite, called out by his manager against Villa and couldn't mark a coupon. Hugo was shaky all season with the Brighton fuck up being something I doubt you'd even see at Sunday morning level. Since the restart both have been different players, which begs the question, what the fuck happened to them?

Will they continue this form or go back to previous. That's a big big question.

CL/Poch hangover?

Not saying it's a given, but the it is most likely explanation.....

The initial save, perhaps not, but the overall ball recover preventing the ball from going over the line throughout is completely crazy!

CL/Poch hangover?

Not saying it's a given, but the it is most likely explanation.....
The strength in the wrist is the most impressive part, but when a striker gives a keeper a chance like Hernandez does, more often than not they should save it.

The Poch hangover, not buying it. Toby got worse and worse after signing a monster contract. His performance against Villa was utterly shambolic. I was convinced that was him finished. Since coming back in he's played like Toby of 3 years ago.

Hugo was so undecisive it was embarrassing, Villa, Southampton and City he made mistakes that fortunately only got punished once. You don't switch that on or off.

The strength in the wrist is the most impressive part, but when a striker gives a keeper a chance like Hernandez does, more often than not they should save it.

Like I said... A save of 2 halves.... Be it by luck or by judgement, the 2nd half (that roll and recovery) is insane!

The Poch hangover, not buying it. Toby got worse and worse after signing a monster contract. His performance against Villa was utterly shambolic. I was convinced that was him finished. Since coming back in he's played like Toby of 3 years ago.

Hugo was so undecisive it was embarrassing, Villa, Southampton and City he made mistakes that fortunately only got punished once. You don't switch that on or off.

Time off gave them time to clear their heads? (C19 made plenty of people beyond football re-evaluate their world).... Like I say... I don't know.... Just spitballing with likelyhood. We're not in their heads; you know no more than I or the next man......

Last edited:

To be fair in Hugo's case , he'd just come back from a serious injury. You'd expect him to be rusty for the first few games , hence those small errors v Villa,Southampton and City.

I still don't know how he pulled this Matrix shit off.

Or that the same man can perform a failed Cruyff turn in front of his own goal to concede a howler.

EFj7jeEXkAEyzOP.jpg

Back
Top Bottom