Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Saw a stat tonight that Lloris has made 20 NLD appearances which is more than any player ever from either team. This man has seen some shit.

Saw a stat tonight that Lloris has made 20 NLD appearances which is more than any player ever from either team. This man has seen some shit.
He certainly has. Surprised at that stat though, would have thought Steve Perryman or Pat Jennings would have had more. Unless it’s —any player ever— in PL.

He certainly has. Surprised at that stat though, would have thought Steve Perryman or Pat Jennings would have had more. Unless it’s —any player ever— in PL.
You're correct. It was PL appearances. I missed that small caveat.

Cool, reassuring presence last night..... Was solid when called upon and ate up all of their crosses.

BOSS.:llorishowudoin:

This has been his best season. His distribution is toss and he still concedes silly goals (like against Newcastle) but he has been mostly rock solid and you cannot fault him against the wankers. Stood up when needed.

This has been his best season. His distribution is toss and he still concedes silly goals (like against Newcastle) but he has been mostly rock solid and you cannot fault him against the wankers. Stood up when needed.
I've never been an advocate of him being captain, tbh, mainly because of his position. But this season, I think he has been excellent, and you don't have to be "in your face" to be a leader.

Yeah people can say what they like but we’ve been lucky to have Lloris, and to keep him for as long as we have.

Massive respect for the bloke

15 clean sheets, only behind the top 2 sides. Not bad considering that under Nuno we'd ship goals we owned Amazon stocks.

BTW yesterday he kept his 15th clean sheet of the season (more than much lauded Mendy (14) and Ramsdale (12)) which has matched his previous records and our Premier League club record of 15 in 16/17 and 17/18.

If he keeps another clean sheet at Norwich he would have set a new PL club record of 16.

hes due a testimonial soon surely, 10 years service? Not often that happens in the modern game, and im sure has had opportuntites to go elsewhere
He joined on 31/8/12.
I remember he struggled to displace Brad at the beginning and there was a game against a French side where les escargots were barracking Brad.
Deliciously we won the game and Brad delighted in winding them up.

BTW yesterday he kept his 15th clean sheet of the season (more than much lauded Mendy (14) and Ramsdale (12)) which has matched his previous records and our Premier League club record of 15 in 16/17 and 17/18.

If he keeps another clean sheet at Norwich he would have set a new PL club record of 16.
For me, this has been the big difference between conte and Poch. Under Poch we really spanked some of the midtable teams. Putting 5/6 past the likes of Everton was not uncommon but we'd always give away a consolation goal or two.

Compared to the current team, the 2016 and 17 teams were better in practically every position. They should have kept more clean sheets than a Spurs side managed by Nuno for 14(?) games, and a fairly makeshift starting 11 with the likes of Dier and Davies getting to grips with their role in the team.

It's also how Conte beat us to a title too. We scored a lot more, and conceded a lot less.

Back
Top Bottom