Hugo, the Boss

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Fighting Cock

The Fighting Cock
When I see the name Hugo Lloris appear on my twitter newsfeed an hour before every match, a passive smile appears on my face, something I don’t get with many players at Spurs. The point is, Lloris is not like many players, at Spurs, or in the world. Come August, Brad Friedel was our regular No.1 and undoubtedly one of the most consistent players in the Premier League. 310 consecutive appearances would back up that claim. So when I heard [...]

Continue reading...

I absolutely love Hugo. I was furious when AVB kept him on the bench for so long, as Hugo was himself.

It cost us valuable points, IMHO, and could yet cost us CL because of that.

To get the captain of France was an amazing coup, and probably ENIC's biggest-ever signing. So I was amazed about how underwhelming his reception was by both the media and many Spurs fans.

I remember some even doubted we needed him. !!!!! Sacre blue and merde alors :lloris:

How could we not need a world class player?

Anyway, it's great he's now established - All credit to ENIC on this one, I refuse to give AVB any credit over him, though I'm still a big AVB fan.

He's already one of only two players from the current crop in my all-time Spurs XVIII - though no-one could ever replace my beloved Pat as No.1. (Okay if we win the CL or Prem maybe) :)

NNedo.jpg

I find it hard to believe that the Jesus Christ of goalkeeping has one of the worst shot stopping %s in the league. 65.7% saves which is way below the 69% average.

not sure how the best keeper in the league can have such poor stats.

Someone explain. Now.

I know! I know!

He has faced a ridiculously low number of shots / minute played (I'm at a pub, so I can't make the table now), so you've got to figure that the shots he does see are of a much higher calibre on average than what his peers see. Seriously, he has 127 saves in 1440 mins with 14 goals conceded. The wanderer has played some 90 more minutes, collected 40 more saves, and given up only 5 more goals, suggesting he sees a lot of soft shit.

I know! I know!

He has faced a ridiculously low number of shots / minute played (I'm at a pub, so I can't make the table now), so you've got to figure that the shots he does see are of a much higher calibre on average than what his peers see. Seriously, he has 127 saves in 1440 mins with 14 goals conceded. The wanderer has played some 90 more minutes, collected 40 more saves, and given up only 5 more goals, suggesting he sees a lot of soft shit.

Surely thats down to our much maligned defence? rather than him?

I think he reads the game so well that he's there punting the ball away from the strikers foot before a shot is made. That might explain the stats a bit? If there was a general stat for this kind of play, "sprint off line and clear before shot made" I'm sure he'd be on top.

I think he reads the game so well that he's there punting the ball away from the strikers foot before a shot is made. That might explain the stats a bit? If there was a general stat for this kind of play, "sprint off line and clear before shot made" I'm sure he'd be on top.

Or maybe...just maybe he's a touch overrated by Spurs fans

I absolutely love Hugo. I was furious when AVB kept him on the bench for so long, as Hugo was himself.

It cost us valuable points, IMHO, and could yet cost us CL because of that.

To get the captain of France was an amazing coup, and probably ENIC's biggest-ever signing. So I was amazed about how underwhelming his reception was by both the media and many Spurs fans.

I remember some even doubted we needed him. !!!!! Sacre blue and merde alors :lloris:

How could we not need a world class player?

Anyway, it's great he's now established - All credit to ENIC on this one, I refuse to give AVB any credit over him, though I'm still a big AVB fan.

He's already one of only two players from the current crop in my all-time Spurs XVIII - though no-one could ever replace my beloved Pat as No.1. (Okay if we win the CL or Prem maybe) :)

JPG?

Edit: Yep you sure are. Oh Boy this'll be fun.

Surely thats down to our much maligned defence? rather than him?

It's partly down to the nature of our high line defense. I'm trying but it's hard to think of any howlers or clear errors he's made. On the contrary, almost every game he seems to mop up a breakaway ball or make a crucial stop when someone's through one on one.

I find it hard to believe that the Jesus Christ of goalkeeping has one of the worst shot stopping %s in the league. 65.7% saves which is way below the 69% average.

not sure how the best keeper in the league can have such poor stats.

Someone explain. Now.
Or maybe...just maybe he's a touch overrated by Spurs fans
"a touch overrated" or "Jesus Christ of goalkeeping"? Which is it? Can you please decide the level of trolling you're working on in this thread?

Because "a touch overrated" probably accurately describes the reality of how most football fans feel about most of their players, but "Jesus Christ of goalkeeping" implies that he's some sort of being of magical powers (in the eyes of believers).

You're just making your usual relentless negative douchebaggery a little difficult to follow today.

Back
Top Bottom