***** Hungary v England World Cup qualifier 19:45******

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was his full comment, who was he quoting? Associating black people with watermelon is a racist stereotype, that's why watermelon smile is an offensive
“They say he is shortly off to the Congo. No doubt the AK47s will fall silent, and the pangas will stop their hacking of human flesh, and the tribal warriors will all break out in watermelon smiles to see the big white chief touch down in his big white British taxpayer-funded bird.”

“What a relief it must be for Blair to get out of England. It is said that the Queen has come to love the Commonwealth, partly because it supplies her with regular cheering crowds of flag-waving piccaninnies; and one can imagine that Blair, twice victor abroad but enmired at home, is similarly seduced by foreign politeness.”

His description about black people or Muslim women isn't accurate at all and he's been criticised by people in his own party about it, so it's not just about the left being angry at what he said.
But is he racist or just an idiot.? Theres a difference. Plus the idiot can be more dangerous

As I said, he has a bad habit of not thinking ahead, to avoid people who will find fault in the exact words he uses and not about the issues he's addressing.
If you choose to use the expression watermelon smile to be a simile about black people exclusively, then it seems to me that it an issue for you to deal with. I do agree that if he had said Chesire cat, then it would have avoided people like you from choosing to focus on the words in his speech rather than the situation he was addressing.
It's who you are
Would chesire cats find it offensive though🤔

You don't perceive Johnson as racist?
I wouldn't say it was a racist statement then because Johnson is racist, he HAS said racist things against black people. Not just black people but anyone against racism shouldn't vote for him, they don't have to vote left wing, just don't vote for him.
I didn't give an opinion on whether he was racist or not, now did I?

So why would anyone who isn't white vote Tory under Boris then? Bit like Trump in the US. Why?

Hey Admin Admin , there appears to be a glitch in the forum.

I came onto the Hungary v England thread, but appear to have been sent to the politics thread.

Could you have a look at the software please?

As I said, he has a bad habit of not thinking ahead, to avoid people who will find fault in the exact words he uses and not about the issues he's addressing.
If you choose to use the expression watermelon smile to be a simile about black people exclusively, then it seems to me that it an issue for you to deal with. I do agree that if he had said Chesire cat, then it would have avoided people like you from choosing to focus on the words in his speech rather than the situation he was addressing.
It's who you are
He's talking about black people so in this instance the expression is associated with them and saying piccaninnies which is blatantly racist. He represents a multicultural country, yet you think he should get a pass for saying these and the people who criticise him for saying these things are the tossers.

You illustrate perfectly why footballers are still taking the knee.

I came onto the Hungary v England thread, but appear to have been sent to the politics thread.

We got to this point because black players were racial abused during the game.

Just waiting for the inevitable descent into chaos so we can have a good clear out. :levystare:

WTF has that to do with Boris Johnson?

Keep the political discussion in the appropriate thread please, instead of using this one as a jousting field for your varying political views.
Everything, players take the knee to bring attention to racism, he refuses to condemn fans who boo the taking of the knee. When he comes out and says racial abuse is unacceptable
when he's been racist himself, how can anyone take him seriously?

Everything, players take the knee to bring attention to racism, he refuses to condemn fans who boo the taking of the knee. When he comes out and says racial abuse is unacceptable
when he's been racist himself, how can anyone take him seriously?
Appropriate thread. Take it there.

This is not the Boris Johnson thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom