I Fucking Love Scott Parker!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But we're not asking him to play.. . We've signed him as a coach.
He probably wouldn't get into our first team squad today...
But since when did the best players make the best managers...?
Ferguson, Wenger, Mourihno... bang average players, yet you can't doubt their credentials as Managers/Coaches!

I reckon Parker has a decent future as a coach... whether it's with us or not remains to be seen... but he's definitely got what it takes to get the best out of players.

Oh come on, I'll put that down to it being Saturday night and you've hopefully been drinking but Mourinho in a list of great managers/coaches whose credentials you can't question? Please let's not perpetuate that bullshit construction.

Mourinho and Guardiola are two of the greatest frauds to ever have managed football clubs, Keyser Soze wearing the Emperor's new clothes.

I challenge you to name one player who Mourinho has coached/managed to become a better player - you've only got to look at what he's done to Shaw and Rashford's careers, not to mention a host of other promising youngsters like Fosu-Mensah who's potential has been stifled by a reliance on overpriced overhyped short-termism.

Honestly Mourinho convincing the world that he's a half-capable manager is proper Derren Brown/Penn and Teller level shit, he won the league with Porto, OK that's like suggesting Brendan Rogers is the second coming because of what he's achieved in the northern Mickey Mouse league, then he's been at Chelsea, Real and Man United where he's spent 200/300 million on transfers and God knows what in wages and managed to scrape together a few trophies.

Can you really imagine him keeping Sunderland in the premiership for however many seasons they managed, or winning the league with the players Leicester had, or God forbid even at our place a few years ago? Rose and Walker would have been straight out the door to be replaced by 34 year old 'big names' for 30 million a pop; Kane, Winks, Dier and Alli would be nowhere near the first team if they were even at the club, and we'd have a crippling defecit hanging over us like the executioners blade.

Apologies for the Saturday night rant but it's the casual dropping of his name into lists of 'great managers/coaches' that perpetuates the myth that he's somehow anywhere near half capable...

Oh come on, I'll put that down to it being Saturday night and you've hopefully been drinking but Mourinho in a list of great managers/coaches whose credentials you can't question? Please let's not perpetuate that bullshit construction.

Mourinho and Guardiola are two of the greatest frauds to ever have managed football clubs, Keyser Soze wearing the Emperor's new clothes.

I challenge you to name one player who Mourinho has coached/managed to become a better player - you've only got to look at what he's done to Shaw and Rashford's careers, not to mention a host of other promising youngsters like Fosu-Mensah who's potential has been stifled by a reliance on overpriced overhyped short-termism.

Honestly Mourinho convincing the world that he's a half-capable manager is proper Derren Brown/Penn and Teller level shit, he won the league with Porto, OK that's like suggesting Brendan Rogers is the second coming because of what he's achieved in the northern Mickey Mouse league, then he's been at Chelsea, Real and Man United where he's spent 200/300 million on transfers and God knows what in wages and managed to scrape together a few trophies.

Can you really imagine him keeping Sunderland in the premiership for however many seasons they managed, or winning the league with the players Leicester had, or God forbid even at our place a few years ago? Rose and Walker would have been straight out the door to be replaced by 34 year old 'big names' for 30 million a pop; Kane, Winks, Dier and Alli would be nowhere near the first team if they were even at the club, and we'd have a crippling defecit hanging over us like the executioners blade.

Apologies for the Saturday night rant but it's the casual dropping of his name into lists of 'great managers/coaches' that perpetuates the myth that he's somehow anywhere near half capable...

I can't stand the bloke, but you're talking about a coach - which he isn't. Annoyingly he does win trophies, even if his teams play shit football. That's what he's selling, and some clubs will always be buying.

Only man who ever won the treble with an Italian club in over 100 years of competitive football also won the CL with Porto love him or loathe him thats fucking impressive

Jose has his flaws as a manager, but if there is one thing he knows it is how to win - at all cost.

I hate the guy, but he keeps himself relevant by collecting trophies and he has done that his whole career. Not by playing good football, he doesn't care about that.

Mourinho was just a translator, and basically wrote down everything Bobby Robson told him. He simply copied Bobby's tactics, and claimed he was 'speshul' for doing so. He is a graceless oaf and a bully. I'm with Axel here, he's never coached / mentored any player to be better. His talent is an ability to manage the huge egos of superstars, but even he couldn't pull that off with the current crop of Chelscum egos (Hazard, Costa, Terry, Fibreglass).

Aw, you got me!
Yes, guilty as charged of casually dropping his name in alongside Fergie... and (though it pains me) Wenger (for the 1st 10 years, not the 2nd 10!!)
I think my point was more that, whatever opinion people have about Jose... he is an inifiitely better coach than he ever was as a player... alongside the other 2 I mentioned.

I tbink there is a stronger argument towards the very best PLAYERS not making very good coaches, you could add Roy Keane and Mardonoa into the mix alongside Hoddle and Ardiles there!
In fact, I'd struggle to think of a truly World Class player who HAS made it as a Top class coach?? Klinsmann clearly STILL has some way to go, but you never know!!

Could Poch ever have been considered as a 'World class player??

Dembele when he comes to training on that first day and hears the king of the 360 turn is back
3bfcb657_we-not-worthy.gif

Dembele when he comes to training on that first day and hears the king of the 360 turn is back
3bfcb657_we-not-worthy.gif

Oh for the day when a future academy player debuts for the senior team and busts out Scotty's trademark manoeuvre.

second-coming-christ.jpg

.....Scenes.

Last edited:
Cheers. The reason I wondered was that he didn't seem too bothered about coming to us earlier in his career. I suppose these things aren't that important to the majority of professionals. He turned us down for Chelsea and then Wham iirc.

I do like Scotty but , yeah he did turn us down twice & he was only at the club for 2 years. He's got a great attitude & im happy he's back but I can't really see him as a Spurs legend at all.

He was an effective player but not a great player.

Glad to see Spurs employing these young English coaches though.

Not a glamorous player, but a great player none the less...

Prime Scott Parker vies for, if not waltzes into, a place in any current top 6 team.

Back
Top Bottom