I loved the double

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Most on here will have realised that I am an old geezer. For my sins I support Sheffield United and I want to thankyou Spurs who posted on S 24su. Superb banter and interesting posts, unlike other clubs posters who took the piss.

Good luck in the cup lads, pleased you stuffed the arrogant arse and for doing the double to stop theWendy twats all those years ago. Good luck you Spurs.

What's your favourite way to eat a potato? Roast? Mash ? Chip? There's so many different ways & yes a crisp counts ... Jacket?

Maybe we could add a poll?

What's your favourite way to eat a potato? Roast? Mash ? Chip? There's so many different ways & yes a crisp counts ... Jacket?

Maybe we could add a poll?

Roast is the best but crisps are good and mash with strong English mustard is the bolloxs, this is all too exciting.

With a Gnocchi starter
pretentious.gif

Sad thing is hardly any of the other players will still have theirs
What resonated with me more than anything in the clip was the house he lives in. Just guessing but I bet his neighbours don't even know hw was a footballer. Just a normal bloke.

I used to live around the corner from Cliff Jones in Palmers Green, I'd been living there for about 10yrs (and before that as a School boy my best mate at the time lived even closer, walked past his house maybe 3 times per week) and in all this time I had no idea this was where he lived.

We've all become so accustomed to seeing the bling and mansions that we've (us older folk, well me especially) lost touch with the past hero's and their place, not in our history but their place in society in general.

What resonated with me more than anything in the clip was the house he lives in. Just guessing but I bet his neighbours don't even know hw was a footballer. Just a normal bloke.

I used to live around the corner from Cliff Jones in Palmers Green, I'd been living there for about 10yrs (and before that as a School boy my best mate at the time lived even closer, walked past his house maybe 3 times per week) and in all this time I had no idea this was where he lived.

We've all become so accustomed to seeing the bling and mansions that we've (us older folk, well me especially) lost touch with the past hero's and their place, not in our history but their place in society in general.
I remember as a kid a fair few spurs players and a couple of Gooners lived in "the Butts" in Turnford(comes up as Broxbourne on google maps).Nice houses, but i doubt many prem footballers live there these days.And it wasn't so long ago(started changing in the 90s).
Gerry Armstrong even lived on my estate, (Stoneleigh Drive, 100 acre estate,Hoddesdon)
Have a gander on Google maps.

I remember as a kid a fair few spurs players and a couple of Gooners lived in "the Butts" in Turnford(comes up as Broxbourne on google maps).Nice houses, but i doubt many prem footballers live there these days.And it wasn't so long ago(started changing in the 90s).
Gerry Armstrong even lived on my estate, (Stoneleigh Drive, 100 acre estate,Hoddesdon)
Have a gander on Google maps.
Yeah, when I was a kid I had a milk round and delivered to Crooks, Archibald & Houghton who all lived next to each other on the Ridgeway in Enfield, opposite The Sun pub (I don't think it's called that anymore, or if it's still there at all).

Back
Top Bottom