If it’s a start, it’s a Very Good™ one

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Fighting Cock

The Fighting Cock
The stench left behind by a collection of disagreeable results lingers in our nostrils, and the sound of the January transfer window rumour mill slowly churning back into life is already humming in our ears. For many, this smoggy atmosphere seems to have inspired a bit of soul-searching – or squad searching, if you will. Are our players really good enough to achieve what we want them to? Do we expect too much from what are actually mediocre players? Who [...]

Continue reading...

Good article. I'm not sure about striker being a gap that needs plugging but apart from that I probably agreed with all of it (in terms of the players)

I'm normally crying out for a striker. But given the way the manager sets his team out, I think that at the moment I'm much more concerned about getting an AM in. We play one up front and so Adebayor and Defoe should be OK if we had someone to play behind them.

Long term yeah we definitely need another striker but, if we do sign anyone in January, I wouldn't rate it as the priority.

Good article - the one thing I struggled with about Redknapp, and still continue to struggle with a large proportion of Spurs fans I talk to is the short termism view.

AVB's job isn't to win every game this season, it's not even to achieve more this season than Redknapp did last.......it's to consistently get the club performing to a high level in the long term.

The guy is 35 to Redknapp's 65, i.e. AVB could easily still be our manager in 30 years time.

I'm normally crying out for a striker. But given the way the manager sets his team out, I think that at the moment I'm much more concerned about getting an AM in. We play one up front and so Adebayor and Defoe should be OK if we had someone to play behind them.

Long term yeah we definitely need another striker but, if we do sign anyone in January, I wouldn't rate it as the priority.

I'd probably agree with that to be honest. Though if Defoe limps off tomorrow (or any time during the ACN) things would look rather more urgent.

Thanks for the kind words people. Let's keep the faith, eh? :avbpray:

If we signed someone who could convert the chances to goals, that would've helped us significantly.
But i agree with you. A quality midfielder is definitely a priority.

AVB could easily still be our manager in 30 years time.

nwhclx.jpg
avblenin_copy.png

Thanks for a positive slant on things, getting fed up with so much negativity.
His remit, which he has said himself, is 4th. We need the fans to get behind him and a tweak or two in the window, injured players returning and things will improve. I have faith

Back
Top Bottom