If Kane goes to City is he still a Tottenham Legend?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Kane a Spurs legend even if he leaves?

• Legend

• Not a Legend

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hold the fuck on is Berbatov a Tottenham Legend is Keane a Legend is defoe a legend because if I recall all of those moved to different clubs and the latter two came back
this is the issue with legend status. Its totally subjective, there is no handbook or manual that states the objective criteria required, so these kinds of threads will always be full of differing opinions.

For me, Keane was a legend, and Ginola before him, not because they won trophies or stayed loyal to Spurs forever but they were pretty much the sole reason to go and watch the team and entertain us all back when they both played.
Defoe is a legend because his goals speak for themselves.
Berbatov and Modric were both world class when we sold them but I wouldn't say either of them was a legend personally as they weren't at the club long enough.

I just think that if Kane having broken so many club records isn't a legend for some people then you can rule out 99% of people from ever being one. Not sure what else he has to do.

No, he is no legend if he goes to rival. Only stupid think otherwise.
To be fair, City aren’t our rivals. They’re miles ahead and we are not competing with them for anything. If they were genuine rivals then I doubt Kane would be going anywhere.

We’ll be competing in the Europa Conference League next season and City will probably be defending their Champions League title.

If Levy had invested properly in our squad then him leaving wouldn’t even be a question.

However, I feel that Kane has taken the sheen off his time at the club by doing that shitty interview with Gary the Snake before the season was over and in my eyes he won’t be a club legend. Undoubtedly a very good player but won nothing with us and shares responsibility for that (0 goals in 4 finals) then chose to quit and take the easy option, leaving us fans reeling with a club at a major crossroads. Assuming he leaves, of course.

No way am I calling Kane a legend. Absolutely no chance if he leaves and goes on to gain success elsewhere.

I am flabbergasted at posters.

He could potentially score winning goals against us in finals, potentially score a goal that sent us down and yet Spurs fans would call him a legend.

Fcuk that sh!t.

One of our best yes.

Legend if he goes anytime soon. You got to be kidding.

As someone rightly said Bill Nicholson..

Gary Mabbutt because he could have gone and didn't and gave everything of his best possibly.

The sheer fact that latterly he clearly has been giving less than 100% commitment to the badge should be enough to discount him.
He's not leaving though, so why are you getting so heated?

Funny how many people here are now saying Kane is a "very good player" instead of world-class as before.

No doubt he'll go straight back to world-class again if he's still at the club next season the moment he scores a couple of goals. Fickle wankers.

By modern day standards H has been loyal to us. He could have left already and probably should have done (if he was putting his personal ambitions first). I thought he would leave last summer. This deserves some credit. Unless he went to Chelsea, I think he would have to behave pretty badly between now and his transfer for me not to remember him fondly. If he went to Chelsea then he's a cunt, end of. I don't think H is or ever was a Spurs fan in the way that we are, so it wouldn't appeal to him to just play for one club without winning anything, and be remembered as a true hero.

Whether or not all this makes him a legend, is very subjective.

By modern day standards H has been loyal to us. He could have left already and probably should have done (if he was putting his personal ambitions first). I thought he would leave last summer. This deserves some credit. Unless he went to Chelsea, I think he would have to behave pretty badly between now and his transfer for me not to remember him fondly. If he went to Chelsea then he's a cunt, end of. I don't think H is or ever was a Spurs fan in the way that we are, so it wouldn't appeal to him to just play for one club without winning anything, and be remembered as a true hero.

Whether or not all this makes him a legend, is very subjective.
Spot on. I just don’t see him behaving badly though. If he wants to leave and Levy digs in his heels, Harry will still want to smash records for his personal benefit. He won’t do that if he downs tools.

Spot on. I just don’t see him behaving badly though. If he wants to leave and Levy digs in his heels, Harry will still want to smash records for his personal benefit. He won’t do that if he downs tools.
It will be interesting to see what happens. I think it goes against his nature to down tools. But his advisors will all be telling him that's what he needs to do to get the transfer! So in all honesty I'm not sure what will happen.

I don't think he will leave this summer, but that is not what this thread is about.

If it happens, he is an absolute hero and legend for this club, I hope that we still can win something for and with him

There are so many stories of players who almost went (not only from Spurs) and then went on to experience amazing things. Would be good if this was such a story..

Yellow card and final warnings for this thread.

If you can name wonderful moments by a player, he’s a legend. Kane hopping over the turf on crutches in Amsterdam, the endless goals v Woolwich, the New Years Day v Chelsea hat trick. My god the list goes on and on.

ive had to reset my password its been so long since I felt the need to issue cards like slapping a Tom’s arse

Back
Top Bottom