If Poch does go, who would you like to see next?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So rephrasing a statement to highlight the similarities of previous eras is construed as ridicule. Um righto.

Given the manner it was deployed in previous instances, it is/was childish... Especially when the so-called similarities are as disingenuous as they were; then and above.

This thread is bad ju ju.

Poch is our best manager since burkinshaw. I am still haunted by the tenures of ardiles, Francis, gross, pleat and Graham.
Well we cant knock Graham. I know he was ex-arse and the football he made us play was as boring as AVB's but he got us more trophies than Poch
. :gio:

Well we cant knock Graham. I know he was ex-arse and the football he made us play was as boring as AVB's but he got us more trophies than Poch
. :gio:

Don't give a toss. The football we played under Graham was the worst I can remember in 35 years of watching us play. In particular, the 3-1 Home defeat to Birmingham in 2000 was possibly the most anti-Spurs performance I've ever seen.

Don't give a toss. The football we played under Graham was the worst I can remember in 35 years of watching us play. In particular, the 3-1 Home defeat to Birmingham in 2000 was possibly the most anti-Spurs performance I've ever seen.

I was in the Park Lane for that one and was completely embarrassed and got some stick in the office next day complete with a rendition of “Keep right on to the end of the road”!

No I don’t think you understood the point at hand...
I think I did, I just didn't use your narrow terms of reference to eliminate any revenue stream that didn't support your position. I don't think you can put forward a good faith argument that our commercial arrangements with broadcasters and UEFA should be excluded from any calculation of the financial benefits arising from achieving a top 4 placing.

If you want granular I can't give it to you, but I can tell you commercial revenue (the type you'd specifically like to talk about) has grown thus:

13/14 - £43.3m
14/15 - £59.8m
15/16 - £58.6m
16/17 - £72.8m

It would not be unreasonable to assume the 17/18 figure will show continued growth, especially if we secure stadium naming rights within the reporting period.

Finally for now, it's notable I think that the only clubs with greater revenue (commercial by my definition or yours) than us are established CL clubs.

Considering all the information available, it's really hard for you or anyone to make the case that CL qualification doesn't enhance our financial standing and/or put us in a stronger position when it comes to negotiating with partners.

I don’t think or want Pochettino to leave, however I think Parker will be a superb coach in future years and someone I’d like to see doing well. Always one of my favourite Spurs players.

I don’t think or want Pochettino to leave, however I think Parker will be a superb coach in future years and someone I’d like to see doing well. Always one of my favourite Spurs players.

That's a good start. But I need to see a fair bit more before I start thinking anything more than Scott is a good youth coach. Still, one more year with the U18s, then perhaps give him a push to take over a League 1 club, and see if he can balance a league campaign and a cup run. If he shows he can coach a professional team across multiple competitions while maintaining a style that fits Spurs and also get results, then yeah, he's one to watch.

This thread is bad ju ju.

Poch is our best manager since burkinshaw. I am still haunted by the tenures of ardiles, Francis, gross, pleat and Graham.

Yes he has much to learn but rather him than anyone else.

I was so annoyed after Saturday but genuinely believe we have the right manager in place. Our league positions in the last 3 seasons are proof of that.

From what I see poch needs to think differently about his subs in matches and needs to start sending out the right tones with regards to the domestic cups.
i think you're wrong on Pleat's first spell. Exciting football, reasonably good at the back. I dunno where we would have ended up long term if he had stayed. but losing his job cos he liked a spot of whoring, which the press was gleeful about . Hell, If Maureen was caught whoring, the sun would campaign for him to get manager of the year

That's a good start. But I need to see a fair bit more before I start thinking anything more than Scott is a good youth coach. Still, one more year with the U18s, then perhaps give him a push to take over a League 1 club, and see if he can balance a league campaign and a cup run. If he shows he can coach a professional team across multiple competitions while maintaining a style that fits Spurs and also get results, then yeah, he's one to watch.

I know what you are saying but a prenominal youth coach is so important and we need to be doing all we can to incentivise him to remain in that position for as long as possible. He is the direct feed, the future of the club, the one who identifies and coaches these youths in the mould of the first team. Lets not underestimate his importance. Lets shout about it and show him we appreciate the job he is doing. In an ideal world the youth coach would step up and take over from the first team on a ten year cycle, Mason should be eyeing Scotty's position as his and so on...

I know what you are saying but a prenominal youth coach is so important and we need to be doing all we can to incentivise him to remain in that position for as long as possible. He is the direct feed, the future of the club, the one who identifies and coaches these youths in the mould of the first team. Lets not underestimate his importance. Lets shout about it and show him we appreciate the job he is doing. In an ideal world the youth coach would step up and take over from the first team on a ten year cycle, Mason should be eyeing Scotty's position as his and so on...

I agree. What happened to Ryan Mason was truly dreadful and I'm sure he'd have loved nothing more than to still be playing, but having the opportunity he has been giving is great for him. Working alongside Parker will greater his knowledge, and like you say, Parker has the potential to be moved into a first team position then Mason would be in a great position to take over as u18 coach.

And you realise you'v just bumbed the thread back to the top of the page, right?
Oh well. Every village has one, I guess

I'd only just seen this thread you moron. Yes, I know what writing a comment does to a thread, I don't know a fake spurs fan telling me, thanks.

Why don't you just fuck off? You're definitely not spurs, no matter what you say .

Do one, you inbred halfwit.

Back
Top Bottom