If Reguilón signs, a move to 3-5-2 is best option

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lucas Vazquez, who has been on very good form for Madrid this season at RB, can be signed on a free to play RWB. Meanwhile Andersen is a great ball playing CB, available for around £25M.

Kane Son
Reguilon Ndombele Hojbjerg LoCelso Vazquez
Rodon Andersen Tanganga
Lloris
Please please do not suggests Lucas Vazquez.

Let's not become the New Woolwich and become a retirement home for deadwood at big clubs.

Please please do not suggests Lucas Vazquez.

Let's not become the New Woolwich and become a retirement home for deadwood at big clubs.
Woolwich brought in Luiz and Willian who weren't starting for Chelsea.

Difference with Vazquez is, he is starting at Madrid, and doing well at RB (2 goals 4 assists). Real have offered him a new contract but lower wages due to their financial trouble, and so far he's rejected the offer.
Same age as Doherty, so perhaps we could sell the Irishman for 5-7M and fund Vazquez's wages with that.

Woolwich brought in Luiz and Willian who weren't starting for Chelsea.

Difference with Vazquez is, he is starting at Madrid, and doing well at RB (2 goals 4 assists). Real have offered him a new contract but lower wages due to their financial trouble, and so far he's rejected the offer.
Same age as Doherty, so perhaps we could sell the Irishman for 5-7M and fund Vazquez's wages with that.
He's starting because Carvajal is injured.

I 100% Do not want this guy at all. He is the definition of average.

Let's just buy a RB/RWB who is young and talented. If you are looking at RWB'S Hakimi? Why can't we go for him?

Lucas Vazquez, who has been on very good form for Madrid this season at RB, can be signed on a free to play RWB. Meanwhile Andersen is a great ball playing CB, available for around £25M.

Kane Son
Reguilon Ndombele Hojbjerg LoCelso Vazquez
Rodon Andersen Tanganga
Lloris

Easy pass on that line-up.

He's starting because Carvajal is injured.

I 100% Do not want this guy at all. He is the definition of average.

Let's just buy a RB/RWB who is young and talented. If you are looking at RWB'S Hakimi? Why can't we go for him?
It's true he got that chance because Carvajal is injured; but he's come in and done well.
Not sure how much to trust whoscored.com, but they rank him was the 2nd highest rated defender in La Liga this season.

Hakimi is great but Inter just bought him for £35M. My opinion is we should sell Aurier and Doherty, and replace them with Emerson Royal and Vazquez.

It's true he got that chance because Carvajal is injured; but he's come in and done well.
Not sure how much to trust whoscored.com, but they rank him was the 2nd highest rated defender in La Liga this season.

Hakimi is great but Inter just bought him for £35M. My opinion is we should sell Aurier and Doherty, and replace them with Emerson Royal and Vazquez.

I would say whoscored ratings is usually a poor resource to judge players based on what I have seen from it.

Zero interest in adding Vazquez. Would be really pissed off if that is the type of move we are making especially after making the exact same mistake with Doherty last year.

We need to stop brining in bad, older players to the team. The minute we signed Vazquez we would still need a starting RB and likely a back-up RB as well.

I would say whoscored ratings is usually a poor resource to judge players based on what I have seen from it.

Zero interest in adding Vazquez. Would be really pissed off if that is the type of move we are making especially after making the exact same mistake with Doherty last year.

We need to stop brining in bad, older players to the team. The minute we signed Vazquez we would still need a starting RB and likely a back-up RB as well.
Yeah, fair.

My first choice as I've said before is Emerson Royal. Vazquez is same age as Doherty and available on a free, so if we can sell Doherty and use that to fund his wages I think it would be a good swap.

Great range of passing there, no?

I think Andersen is fine. His highlight video looks good and I wouldn't hate adding him.

But the 3 at the back formation is something I do not want to see and makes no sense for us. A 3 at the back formation where we are playing Rodon and Tanganga and Andersen is the best CB is terrible.

Rodon has shown nothing to indicate he is ready to start at the PL level, especially for a team that has top 4 ambition. Tanganga is probably a year, if not two, away from being at that level especially after this year and him being forced into RB so much. Andersen is fine as the CB2 not sure I like him as CB1 especially with two young, weak CBs next to him.

Vazquez is terrible and should not be on the team at at all, let alone a part of a reason to move to a shit formation. Reguilon is better as a FB than WB although he is good enough that the formation doesn't really matter for him.

I've been impressed by Rodon from what I've seen of him, and I think he's currently our best CB.

Tanganga is a youngster, and it will be good to see us give him a chance. I think RCB in a back 3 would be his best possible position.

LWB would suit Reguilon more than LB. We need to buy a new RB regardless of formation.

Yeah, fair.

My first choice as I've said before is Emerson Royal. Vazquez is same age as Doherty and available on a free, so if we can sell Doherty and use that to fund his wages I think it would be a good swap.

I am tired of band aids. Vazquez has spent his whole career being not good enough. Now that he is 29 he would be a poor, short term solution. If he comes cheap maybe he would be an option for the bench, but even then he seems like all he would be doing is blocking younger guys from getting time.

Outside of maybe one CB, I have no interest in guys over 24.

I've been impressed by Rodon from what I've seen of him, and I think he's currently our best CB.

Tanganga is a youngster, and it will be good to see us give him a chance. I think RCB in a back 3 would be his best possible position.

LWB would suit Reguilon more than LB. We need to buy a new RB regardless of formation.

I know I will get called out for this and people will spin it as me hating on him but I think Rodon has been pretty unimpressive. That doesn't mean he has been bad but the best thing he has done so far is not be as bad as Sanchez and maybe Dier.

He doesn't seem comfortable on the ball at all, is poor at passing, is tentative more often than not, doesn't have a lot of pace. I can't think of anything he does that is better than ok. He still has time to develop and looks fine as a 3rd or 4th choice guy but that is about it for me.

He also has not been close to as good as Toby, let alone better. That is ridiculous to say.

Pretty sure Trippier has been the best RWB in La Liga this season which says all we need to know.

Back
Top Bottom