If the season isn’t completed........(Now with Poll)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If the season isn’t completed.........

• Declare the season null and void

Votes: 131 65.8%
  • Finish the season no matter how

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • End the season in the current positions

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • Award the league and champions league to Spurs.

Votes: 34 17.1%
  • Stop Liverpool being crowned champions just for a laugh.

Votes: 49 24.6%
  • Give all the prize money to Billy.

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
The Premier League is scheduling a tentative plan for games to start after 1 June, allowing the season to be finished within six weeks and the 2020-21 campaign to begin on 8 August. (Telegraph - subscription required)

From a player perspective unless the EPL could guarantee a 100% bill of health on behalf of all involved parties; I'd be telling them to do one.

...Random thought: Think about all the spitting that takes place on a football field. :avbnaa:

Are these fuckers really this arrogant or simply naive?

source.gif

Everyone just has their fingers crossed that the summer heat will end it, and is making plans hoping that is the case. Because, if not, we're a long time away from a functional mass produced vaccine.

From a player perspective unless the EPL could guarantee a 100% bill of health on behalf of all involved parties; I'd be telling them to do one.

...Random thought: Think about all the spitting that takes place on a football field. :avbnaa:
I'd agree, but then you get to the millionaires v billionaires. Most professional athletes aren't particularly savvy with their money, and a great percentage support small villages of family and friends. The owners and clubs can weather a shut down much better. The pressure to reboot all of these professional sports will mostly come from players' associations.

Liverpool might as well go ahead and start getting the therapist sorted for their fans. This season is done , today we are told dont assume outdoors is safe. Papers from Milan university hospital suggest darkly that particulates in the air from pollution are sustaining the virus in the atmosphere for three hours post realise. But the delusional, think that 22 men hugging grappling and spitting for 90 mins can be made "safe". Its over it's just a matter of when. Yes Spurs benefit but it's so much bigger than that now. Grow the fuck up.

Are these fuckers really this arrogant or simply naive?

If they don't make it look like they aren't trying then the dipper fans will be out for blood. It will be the government who dictate when the green light is given to play even behind doors.

The FA/EPL just have to decide if it should be a new season or carry on the last one so those cunts can get the Asterisk Cup. But seeing as we don't know what is in store for us yet nobody really knows the cut off date of when this may happen.

There is nothing but angst in it for them if they pull the trigger too early so they are just waiting and watching whilst making the right noises to keep their hubcaps safe.

Any article written saying they know what is going to happen in regards to football is bullshit clickbait.

For me, screw concluding this season. It's tainted by death and disruption and, barring a handful of clubs, who genuinely gives a fuck. Should be written off completely and consigned to memory. Certainly one to forget for us yids.

Can re-boot in Sept/October when hopefully we've got more of a handle on this bastard.

Absolutely no way in hell are games going to be played, even behind closed doors, for months. Any talk to the contrary is utter delusion

Last edited:
Honestly who's thinking about fucking football at a time like this? Yeah 2 weeks ago I was laughing along with mates about Liverpool not winning but now nearly 300 people wave died, countless people lost jobs and it's only going to get worse. I saw John Hartson saying yesterday about Rangers would be the bigger men just to concede the title now, fuck sake man people lives are at risk here. Give it a rest until this has finished.

I just really think there are some situations that will likely come up if/when the season is resumed that will make completing it unrealistic.

For example, let's say the season starts back up and a player tests positive for coronavirus. Not a terribly unlikely thing to happen. Per the protocols, essentially the entire team would need to be isolated for 2 weeks. How can that team possibly play games? What if this happens to more than one team?

It's going to be a logistical nightmare.

Realistically I think you have to negotiate extraordinary parachute payments to the clubs that are relegated, hand Liverpool the trophy and move on. There is no "good" solution. Any starting over, or running a combined season will unfairly rob some of the earned benefit of the matches they won this season. Just much easier and cleaner to call this one done and give the relegated clubs extra money not to make too much of a fuss.

Probably need to start wondering about next season, really.

Not the most important thing right now, but not sure if people get their money back from placing bets on the final outcome of the season. Plenty of variables on bets which open up a can of worms.
Left for another day to worry about though for those involved.

The desperation from Liverpool fans is getting stronger by the day..
Their every thought, their every comment is about how they can finish the season, nothing about the impact this is having on the country.
They literally think every decision made should be based upon them finishing the games this season, horrible bunch of Dickheads.
It shouldn’t matter but I want them to miss out more than ever now..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom