If the season isn’t completed........(Now with Poll)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If the season isn’t completed.........

• Declare the season null and void

Votes: 131 65.8%
  • Finish the season no matter how

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • End the season in the current positions

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • Award the league and champions league to Spurs.

Votes: 34 17.1%
  • Stop Liverpool being crowned champions just for a laugh.

Votes: 49 24.6%
  • Give all the prize money to Billy.

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
If its 25-0 at 74 minutes, I think the losing teams would probably appreciate it.

Its would be the equivalent of one team being up by 25 goals, all the referees getting hurt and the game cant be continued. Now does the losing team say oh we still had a chance!!! Or the result decided as the team winning by 25 goals declared the winner?
You lost me..oh well, never mind!

Agreed. I think they should give out the title as its almost 100% certain. And keep the status quo for rest of the things.
can do that. why should Villa, who have a game in hand to get out of the relegation zone, nt get that chance, whilst Liverpool, who have not yet won the title, get given it.

you complete it or you void it. you have to be fair to every team in the league. anything else goes against the integrity of the competition.

Last edited:
I’ve an idea.. Liverpool are always keen to hold polls on sky sports and have this pact that they all vote what ever benefits Liverpool..

Why not have a poll on sky sports to see who thinks the season should be null and void?

That’s the voice of the people..

The only way the premier league and EFL can avoid any form of lawsuit is to declare the season null and void. No winners no losers across the board, C-19 is the reason, end of story.

Any other smart arse way of reaching an outcome would end in clubs suing the league.
Award Liverpool the league but don’t relegate anyone would result in Leeds, WBA and maybe Fulham suing.
Rush the games through for the sake of it would see the 3 relegated clubs whack in a lawsuit because they could claim they didn’t have a fit squad or they would have played certain teams without certain players had they played the games when scheduled.

What ever is decided would result in them being sued unless it is null and void. No one could complain as C-19 is not the premier leagues or EFL’s fault.
They could try and sue the Dopey Twat who ate the bat, but that is all.

Rush the games through for the sake of it would see the 3 relegated clubs whack in a lawsuit because they could claim they didn’t have a fit squad or they would have played certain teams without certain players had they played the games when scheduled.

I'm not sure about this bit. Games are rescheduled all the time, it's part of the flow of a season. Your opponents get to the next round of the cup and suddenly your game next week is rescheduled for the end of the season, etc.

My opinion is that the season should be finished if it can be done in a reasonable and timely manner; otherwise it should be nullified. I don't think, however, that we will get to a point where we can complete without a large negative impact on next season, so it's likely the right thing to do will be nullify and start again next season.

But mainly I'm frustrated that people are trying to make these decisions now; we have no idea how long this current phase will last, what the impact will be, how feasible games will be in June, July etc; it's all just conjecture at this point and therefore largely pointless.

If we find ourselves on top of things in early May and able to rearrange a bunch of fixtures through May/June then great, lets get the season finished.

If, however, we are still largely on lockdown come June 1st then it's pretty much done, cancel off the season.

Fact is we have no idea where we will be then so it's pointless making decisions now, only worthwhile making outlines of plans for either direction.

But mainly I'm frustrated that people are trying to make these decisions now; we have no idea how long this current phase will last, what the impact will be, how feasible games will be in June, July etc; it's all just conjecture at this point and therefore largely pointless.

If we find ourselves on top of things in early May and able to rearrange a bunch of fixtures through May/June then great, lets get the season finished.

If, however, we are still largely on lockdown come June 1st then it's pretty much done, cancel off the season.

Fact is we have no idea where we will be then so it's pointless making decisions now, only worthwhile making outlines of plans for either direction.

It’s the knock on effect as well to consider.

Premier league fixtures are released the2nd week of June. European qualifiers usually start in June.

If we are on lockdown then how realistic is it that European competitions start in June?
Do they have a season with no qualifying? When do other leagues begin? And when do they have their winter breaks. Is it feasible to just move all competitions onwards by 3 months to say start in October. Think Russia stops for 3 months??

The reality everyone may need to face is no European fixtures next season especially if Plane travel is limited. Imagine that effect financially on clubs? We literally have no idea how this will play out.

That’s one of the many things they have to consider.
As much as it would be nice to just sit and wait till June 1st you can be certain discussions are being had around multiple scenarios.

It’s the knock on effect as well to consider.

Premier league fixtures are released the2nd week of June. European qualifiers usually start in June.

If we are on lockdown then how realistic is it that European competitions start in June?
Do they have a season with no qualifying? When do other leagues begin? And when do they have their winter breaks. Is it feasible to just move all competitions onwards by 3 months to say start in October. Think Russia stops for 3 months??

The reality everyone may need to face is no European fixtures next season especially if Plane travel is limited. Imagine that effect financially on clubs? We literally have no idea how this will play out.

That’s one of the many things they have to consider.
As much as it would be nice to just sit and wait till June 1st you can be certain discussions are being had around multiple scenarios.
Would be sensible if there is no European football next season, let things get back to normal first.

The only way the premier league and EFL can avoid any form of lawsuit is to declare the season null and void. No winners no losers across the board, C-19 is the reason, end of story.

Any other smart arse way of reaching an outcome would end in clubs suing the league.
Award Liverpool the league but don’t relegate anyone would result in Leeds, WBA and maybe Fulham suing.

What ever is decided would result in them being sued unless it is null and void. No one could complain as C-19 is not the premier leagues or EFL’s fault.
They could try and sue the Dopey Twat who ate the bat, but that is all.
Some good points. I think some of this will also depend on whether the teams want the prize money for the season. If they want it cancelled, then obviously they cant have the money for the season either.

I’ve seen the argument for completing the season because of the integrity of the competition. But for me it’s already been compromised. We are the perfect example why with our injuries. They are unfortunately part and parcel of the season and we as usual have been affected badly. If the games were to start again for this season then we may well have a full strength squad. Is that not a disadvantage to other teams who will have had to face us when weaker but in the future might play us with Kane and Son back. That’s hardly helping the integrity of the competition.

Genuinely think it could be voided.

What a wonderful world.
Coronavirus: All football below National League to end

It's happening!!!

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom