If the season isn’t completed........(Now with Poll)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If the season isn’t completed.........

• Declare the season null and void

Votes: 131 65.8%
  • Finish the season no matter how

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • End the season in the current positions

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • Award the league and champions league to Spurs.

Votes: 34 17.1%
  • Stop Liverpool being crowned champions just for a laugh.

Votes: 49 24.6%
  • Give all the prize money to Billy.

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
Here's a poser: assuming we're on lockdown for at least a month, and assuming that it isn't damaging you too much personally, financially, etc, would you take another month of lockdown to ensure the season was voided, thus denying those lovely lot up north?

They can plan all they like, but if people are still dying daily and it's still spreading then they can forget it.

Yep even behind closed doors will need lots of Medical staff and policing

Also will go against the isolation policy of the government unless the players agree to be 2m apart at all times

It's not happening and the sooner eveyone stops fighting it the better. Wipe the season and start again when there are not thousands of people dying every day.

starsport29.jpg

They are planning on cancelling wimbledon this summer because of the virus. There’s no way football continues if that doesn’t. Especially as the logistics of organising a team sport over an individual one must be at least ten fold.

Soon it will get to a position where clubs will look at which is more costly. Losing out on money this season or losing out on more money next season (if it even starts at all) and we know how that will turn out. They’ll want both but it will soon become evident to them that they will have to choose (along with the tv companies) which one they want to proceed with.

The stadia would still need staff to open it and make sure it's safe. 'Key workers'? I don't think so, unless there's a loosening of the restrictions (which I don't see for a long while yet) then there'll be no football.
We’ve not peaked in the uk yet and as most people in the know have said it’s not gonna be a straight yes/no scenario with one day we have it next day we don‘t it’s a gradual come down you could add another possible month on to the proposed mid April relaxed lock down that’s mid May at earliest and again it’s to be organised your not going to ask people on Friday can you manage to help us out the next day.....Saturday save any fucking about will they, won’t they just null and void the season and start planning next.

Ferguson, the Imperial College one not the whisky drinking one, says lockdown measures are likely to stay until early June. Post lockdown it will probably have significant work from home periods until autumn and the issues of a "pre-season" return to fitness period have to be considered as well. I would not say its impossible but it would be unlikely, the only people who might be happy to push this would, might I suggest, be possessed of an agenda

Why don’t they do what they do at kids birthday parties where they make sure all the kids get a prize and a piece of cake! Every team in the league gets a prize obviously Liverpool get a bigger prize and a bigger piece of cake then everybody‘s happy.

Some sily cunt giving their tuppeny-worth on the comments section on a Guardian piece on all this suggested that teams play 4-5 games A WEEK over the summer.

I can't be sure but I suspected that they had a sing-songy accent and blamed everyone else for their own shortcomings

:sonhmm:

Quick question possibly already mentioned elsewhere, my humble apologies if so but can’t be arsed looking and my tea is nearly ready chicken wraps tonight! Just say the season finishes as we stand and positions are up held forget about the legal side of things and the position we are in 8th with no Europe! would the majority just say....ah fuck it no distractions next season domestic cups + league it is then......would you settle/happy for that? No matter about any other team, just us what happens to us.

Quick question possibly already mentioned elsewhere, my humble apologies if so but can’t be arsed looking and my tea is nearly ready chicken wraps tonight! Just say the season finishes as we stand and positions are up held forget about the legal side of things and the position we are in 8th with no Europe! would the majority just say....ah fuck it no distractions next season domestic cups + league it is then......would you settle/happy for that? No matter about any other team, just us what happens to us.
It is essential we get Euro football next season. Essential.
Always baffles me when fans say let's play less games this season..because we then can play more games next season.
EL gives us opps to play fringe players too.

It is essential we get Euro football next season. Essential.
Always baffles me when fans say let's play less games this season..because we then can play more games next season.
EL gives us opps to play fringe players too.
Yes agree experience for players are essential and although not as financially rewarding as the CL its better than nothing and especially if you win you gain access to the CL and silverware.....but the clubs themselves don’t prioritise in terms of being taken seriously and we’ve been as guilty as anybody of not doing so! And there’s nothing to suggest otherwise under Mourinho that wouldn’t be the case again if we qualified.

In difficult times I look to guidance from another BIll, one far, far, far greater than I could ever dream to be...

"It’s magnificent to be in Europe, and this club – a club like Tottenham Hotspur – if we’re not in Europe… we’re nothing. We’re nothing."

Be53OFACUAA60ao.jpg

Back
Top Bottom