If the season isn’t completed........(Now with Poll)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If the season isn’t completed.........

• Declare the season null and void

Votes: 131 65.8%
  • Finish the season no matter how

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • End the season in the current positions

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • Award the league and champions league to Spurs.

Votes: 34 17.1%
  • Stop Liverpool being crowned champions just for a laugh.

Votes: 49 24.6%
  • Give all the prize money to Billy.

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
CorruptObedientGrayfox-size_restricted.gif

They’re saying 3 months of lockdown at least, and it’s not as if after those 3 months you can just go straight back to playing football matches. The season is over, it benefits some teams more than others (us), but if you think Liverpool fans wouldn’t be saying ‘ITS THE RIGHT THING TO DO FOR MANKIND, VOID THE SEASON’ if United were top then you need to look at yourself.

Liverpool fans would be banging the drum, calling everyone that wants to continue the season ‘heartless monsters’ if the shoe was on the other foot

I really don't understand the calls to 'finish the season at all costs' as if it's just a question of clicking your fingers. We're in the midst of a global pandemic - perspective please. Has to be void if it can't be done by, say, end of June, which is totally unrealistic anyway and in any event you can't play three matches a week.

On a comedic note, the salt from Liverpool when this happens - either voided or title* with an asterisk - is going to be quite epic.

How about they continue the league but due to the fewer games next season the premier league has to get smaller. So 2 teams come up. No play offs ......... and 6 teams get relegated. How exciting would that be??? (For West Ham fans)

Following season more teams come back up.

For the league cup.
The PL teams are still entered but upon the draw they forfeit their game and give the club they were drawn against £250k. This against potential income etc.

Plus The teams who have been relegated should on paper stand a better chance of winning the league cup.

So they might see some silverware and could even win “ the shit double” which is a new thing I just created.

Pure genius!!* Pay me later premier league fuckos.

*appreciate the relegation thing may cause issues but hey - Eggs / omelettes all that.
Plus Liverpool could also pay all legal fees out of sheer gratitude to the league

Scousers aren't gonna like Harry saying that, even though it's the truth. If it can't be finished by June 30th then the season has to be voided.
Kane hadn’t said it should be voided. Just that it should end by June. Awarding places as they are now at end of June would also fit what he prefers.

Kane hadn’t said it should be voided. Just that it should end by June. Awarding places as they are now at end of June would also fit what he prefers.

Awarding places they are now has never been a serious consideration because not everyone has played the same teams. That's always been a non starter.

I think the best idea all around is to void the season and award the title to the NHS. I think that would be a brilliant idea because the scousers would look like cunts for arguing against it.

SPFL: Finishing season now more unlikely, clubs believe

By Chris McLaughlin
BBC Scotland sports news correspondent
  • 40 minutes ago
  • From the section Scottish
There is a growing understanding among Scottish football clubs that finishing the season is becoming increasingly unlikely due to the spread of Covid-19.
Each SPFL side has at least eight games outstanding and the governing bodies are taking legal advice about the best way to conclude the current campaign.
The English Premier League are reportedly exploring a televised, behind-closed-doors event this summer.
However, that is considered fanciful by senior figures in Scotland.
Instead, they are minded to protect next season with as little disruption as possible given new broadcast deals are due to begin.
Clarity could come following more league meetings later this week, but there is now a desire for as little delay as possible.
Individually, clubs are continuing to explore cost-cutting measures, with many already applying for the government job retention scheme.
That would see 80% of players and staff wages being covered, but would also leave clubs unable to issue players with training schedules and dietary plans.
The Scottish FA are continuing to look at sources of income in a bid to potentially provide members with short-term loans.
Their focus, for now, is understood to centred around safeguarding the future of clubs.

I hear that Gundogan has come out said that the PL title should be awarded to the Dippers

Fuck that

IF we were in Liverpool's shoes would we want the season voided?

I would 100% trust Daniel Levy to make the right decision for the players and the fans. Think he already says he wanted it voided (allegedly). Maybe paper talk bollocks.

But I think let’s be realistic and know this season is not being finished anytime soon. So the question is when can it run on till?

At a certain point is it too late to start the next season?

I think that might be the only case I can see. That 20/21 ceases to exist and 19/20 becomes 19/21.

Imagine a 6 month lockdown. The world becomes a very very different place if that becomes the reality.

I would 100% trust Daniel Levy to make the right decision for the players and the fans. Think he already says he wanted it voided (allegedly). Maybe paper talk bollocks.

But I think let’s be realistic and know this season is not being finished anytime soon. So the question is when can it run on till?

At a certain point is it too late to start the next season?

I think that might be the only case I can see. That 20/21 ceases to exist and 19/20 becomes 19/21.

Imagine a 6 month lockdown. The world becomes a very very different place if that becomes the reality.
You didn't answer my question?

Back
Top Bottom