If the season isn’t completed........(Now with Poll)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If the season isn’t completed.........

• Declare the season null and void

Votes: 131 65.8%
  • Finish the season no matter how

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • End the season in the current positions

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • Award the league and champions league to Spurs.

Votes: 34 17.1%
  • Stop Liverpool being crowned champions just for a laugh.

Votes: 49 24.6%
  • Give all the prize money to Billy.

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
Uefa competitions 'postponed until further notice'

This season's Champions League and Europa League competitions have been "postponed until further notice", says Uefa.
European football's governing body has also postponed all national team fixtures due to be played in June, including play-off and qualifying matches for the men's and women's European Championships.
The decision follows Wednesday's meeting of Uefa's 55 member associations.
Uefa has already moved the men's Euros, due to take place this summer, to 2021 because of the coronavirus pandemic.

Now that Wimbledon has been cancelled, what do we think will happen on Friday?

Delay for another 3 weeks or so OR the season being announced null and void?

The pressure is on.. Every other sport has cancelled their schedule and made it clear Health comes before any sport..
The 'problem' though is that the PL is a multi billion pound machine. TV revenues are not just from Sky and BT, there's also the rest of the world.

I agree health should come first but, some TV companies will want their £$£$£$£$£. Unless the PL grants every one of the TV stations an extra year, this could get very messy.

The 'problem' though is that the PL is a multi billion pound machine. TV revenues are not just from Sky and BT, there's also the rest of the world.

I agree health should come first but, some TV companies will want their £$£$£$£$£. Unless the PL grants every one of the TV stations an extra year, this could get very messy.

Unfortunately that is true but the Olympics is also a massive cash cow and that got sacked off without a second thought.
I’d imagine the prem league will look at all these other examples..

What makes it really interesting is that Amazon are waiting in the wings looking to take over the coverage. They got a small slice of the pie over xmas to test things already.

If the old guard start getting cute then you can bet Amazon will keep them honest.

To be a fly on that wall...

Surely just a matter of time now before the season is void. No chance there is football being played until August at earliest.

Would already been cancelled if it wasn't Liverpool who was leading

Reckon next season will be cancelled and the last 8 games will be played out at the first time possible over the next year

Too many legal complications if the season isn’t finished

Reckon next season will be cancelled and the last 8 games will be played out at the first time possible over the next year

I think there is a point where that could be a consideration(and we lose next season), but as things stand I still think they should plan for being able to start next season on time.(or a few weeks late with no league and FA cup)

Cue loads of dippers praying for the pandemic and lockdown to last just short of a year

Fair point.

Then maybe have a constitutional change for 2020/21 which the clubs agree on of maybe 19 games. 10 H and 9 A.

Could do similar in all English leagues.

I can't see that happening, money rules everything.

The FA would rather lose a smaller amount of money for this season than all the money from next season.

The only reason they haven't cancelled this season yet is because they are greedy cunts, who want their cake and eat it.

Of course, it depends on how long this thing lasts

Last edited:
It's done. The completion of a season is a set amount of games in a set calendar, ironically it was Klopp arguing for a winter break that has done for the Scousers title. You can't retrospectively rewrite rules, the season in reality is void. Champions NHS.

If/When they cancel this season and depending on when next season starts, could they run the FA and League Cup as an U23, midweek competition with strict eligibility rules?

But then the clubs lose a whole season of tv money. They’ll be even more fucked. It’s worse for them to lose a whole season next time than the last couple of months of this one.

.... something that just occurred to me...

The FA Cup is doneski for the year, yes?

In other words: your shootout win meant nothing, you smug piece of shit Krul.

NINTCHDBPICT000568381928-e1583415540210.jpg

Nothing.

tumblr_ovqbj5T4hL1rey868o1_500.gif

The Belgian Pro League board has proposed the immediate conclusion of the country's football season, per
@HLN_BE
. It would make Belgium the first European country to officially end its top-flight season, and crown Club Brugge champions.

The Belgian Pro League board has proposed the immediate conclusion of the country's football season, per
@HLN_BE
. It would make Belgium the first European country to officially end its top-flight season, and crown Club Brugge champions.
I didn't like the look of this at first, but then saw that Brugge were 15 points clear with one game (?) left to be played - so fair enough to them winning it.

Goddamn I want a domino effect of leagues getting ended now...

Bein sports and canal+ have refused to pay the next installment of TV money due to the french league, apparently due to a lack of clarity as to when the league will restart

Back
Top Bottom