If the season isn’t completed........(Now with Poll)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If the season isn’t completed.........

• Declare the season null and void

Votes: 131 65.8%
  • Finish the season no matter how

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • End the season in the current positions

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • Award the league and champions league to Spurs.

Votes: 34 17.1%
  • Stop Liverpool being crowned champions just for a laugh.

Votes: 49 24.6%
  • Give all the prize money to Billy.

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
Hate to admit it, but if Liverpool can't earn a 'full' premier league trophy this season, their players will be even more poised to win it next season.

The first thing they should do is declare the FA Cup and European comps void. None of them have gotten to a stage where any team has a claim on the trophy, not even having reached the quarter final stage yet.

The leagues, however, I don't think a decision can or should be made for a number of weeks yet.

Hate to admit it, but if Liverpool can't earn a 'full' premier league trophy this season, their players will be even more poised to win it next season.
Won't be the same. They're very unlikely to be that good, that lucky again etc. They could have City away first game and lose straight away, who knows?

I hope the euros get cancelled,and if possible the season is finished in May/June.
As was suggested,abort the cup competitions as no one has a claim on them yet.

Listening to Liverpool fans whinge and West ham fans moaning that they have to ground share to fulfill their home game commitments whilst going down, would truly be a "summer of love" for me.

I am a great fan of sliding doors theories and here we have a big one. Just like if we had won in Madrid they would probably have imploded, as would we tbf, if they are denied this the players will have at the back of their mind that they didn’t get it, they should have but didn’t, both Mancs will have improved and the chavs too.The superhuman efforts of the last two seasons in the league will have come to nothing, and they will have the Poch problem where Klopp has to raise an exhausted team. I think it would break them

Play the rest of the season on FIFA.
I think you may not be too far off there...
I can see a time in the (not too distant) future, where ALL football will be virtual, and the only use for ACTUAL professional footballers are to commentate, or train up how to install the Sky dishes & softwarw to watch it!!

There is absolutely no way they can declare the season as it stands.

Any club still with mathematical chances of avoiding relegation (particularly) gaining CL, etc would not allow themselves to be put in the situation by the league calling this the final table. It would get legal immediately.

I can’t see any other outcome than this season being effectively cancelled, with Liverpool maybe being given a token championship.

The only options are:

1. Cancel the season, league null & void, start again next season as though this year hadn't happened
2. Complete the season in full

Either is fine, and #2 would be preferable* if it is possible (say we are allowed to return in May/June to complete the games) but I can see no other way out. The only thing to note is that Man City's league cup win was complete and should stand. The FA Cup should be cancelled this year.

*preferable looking at it objectively that is; clearly I personally want it all wiped from the record

Should be able to finish the season now. End of June gives an extra 7 weeks? They still have July off this way. Clubs can forget about worldwide tours.

However I think they need to set strict deadlines and rules. Then if the season can’t be completed we just move on and void this one.

Or start a process where this season just goes on indefinitely - which I think is clearly impossible.

Once all this virus nonsense stops, we get all teams to wembley and everyone plays 10 minute matches one fixture after another. So for around 90 matches that are left....Thats 900 minutes = 15 hours. Start from 7 in the morning and finish at midnight.

And every team will end up playing 90 minutes in a day.

Nailed it.

No way is the season being voided. The leading EFL clubs have already threatened to sue.

The 22 club proposal is just a stupid joke

The only possible outcome is to complete the season and the PL are desperately hoping that can be achieved before the end of June when player contracts expire (where applicable). Imagine having the window opened with 7/8 games left to play.

The stance for now will be to complete the season before the end of June, but as and when things get worse (and they will, before they get better) this might change.
My preference is null and void and a firm but well meaning pat on the back for LFC. :mourbye:
:dembelefingers:

Have you seen ‘sir’ Kennys latest piece. Not an iota of consideration to anything other than Liverpool must be able to finish the season

and again, the message, that any other notion mustn’t come to pass

’it’d be totally out of order’

the fucking victim mentality this lot have is insufferable. everything revolves around them

people sick , ill, worried .... economies suffocating

void the fuckin season it’s done... wipe your tears and shut your mouth

Kenny the enlightened one should know better

I seem to remember him lying after Heysel saying the team didn’t know what had happened before they eventually came out to play the game?

Also didn’t he have an affair with Peter Beardsley’s wife?

Nice chap

The leading EFL clubs have already threatened to sue.

They can threaten that, but I reasonably sure a global pandemic on this scale qualifies as force majeure and would cancel the terms of their contracts. It would then go into legal arbitration and be a bunfight between who can get what.

Liverpool isn't really the important question. Let's be honest, they're cunts, but they deserve it. Give them a plastic trophy and let them cheer to an empty stadium. The important question is CL qualification and, especially, relegation and promotion. Leeds are sitting on the possibility of hundreds of millions in TV revenue.

But here's the real kicker - so what if they sue? Legal action takes years. Time will force their hand.

I think we will end up with a twenty two team league next year. And I think the CL will be expanded to accommodate more teams.

They can threaten that, but I reasonably sure a global pandemic on this scale qualifies as force majeure and would cancel the terms of their contracts. It would then go into legal arbitration and be a bunfight between who can get what.

Liverpool isn't really the important question. Let's be honest, they're cunts, but they deserve it. Give them a plastic trophy and let them cheer to an empty stadium. The important question is CL qualification and, especially, relegation and promotion. Leeds are sitting on the possibility of hundreds of millions in TV revenue.

But here's the real kicker - so what if they sue? Legal action takes years. Time will force their hand.

I think we will end up with a twenty two team league next year. And I think the CL will be expanded to accommodate more teams.
So an extra 40 games + additional CL matches potentially kicking off a number of weeks after the last one finished leading into the Euros next year.

Hmm. Not saying you're wrong but closing out this season in some reasonable timeframe is a better option all around, it's just not something that you can bank on.

Back
Top Bottom