If the season isn’t completed........(Now with Poll)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If the season isn’t completed.........

• Declare the season null and void

Votes: 131 65.8%
  • Finish the season no matter how

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • End the season in the current positions

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • Award the league and champions league to Spurs.

Votes: 34 17.1%
  • Stop Liverpool being crowned champions just for a laugh.

Votes: 49 24.6%
  • Give all the prize money to Billy.

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
What fans want is neither here nor there.

Just wait until the lawyers get involved. It will all come down to money.

My general thinking is that Liverpool will be crowned champions but they will not see the same prize money or revenue share (because they haven't technically won the league). Instead, a portion of that share will then get distributed to places two and three. That same principle will then get applied to ever other position, so City will see a smaller share of second place (bumped up by their share of first) and so on. I can't see anyone taking anyone to court, as global pandemics likely qualify as Force Majeure.

The *real* bunfight will be promotion from the Championship, a prize of hundreds of millions.

Finish this season in Aug to Nov then split the PL into two tiers for next season starting Dec so that it only takes half the time to complete. To take the sting out of being in the lower tier, the winner of it gets a cup.

What fans want is neither here nor there.

Just wait until the lawyers get involved. It will all come down to money.

My general thinking is that Liverpool will be crowned champions but they will not see the same prize money or revenue share (because they haven't technically won the league). Instead, a portion of that share will then get distributed to places two and three. That same principle will then get applied to ever other position, so City will see a smaller share of second place (bumped up by their share of first) and so on. I can't see anyone taking anyone to court, as global pandemics likely qualify as Force Majeure.

The *real* bunfight will be promotion from the Championship, a prize of hundreds of millions.

The "title" is just a bragging right ... even if Liverpool are given one it will just allow every other club years of taking the piss ... the real issue is CL where you're talking 100m for a decent run, and relegation where you can be wiping out a club for years or worse ... no club will vote for relegation and without a unanimous decision it will end in court. The EPL are tried by their own rules, force majeure simply doesn't apply when it's already covered in the rules.

The Premier League rules set out what a season is. A season is defined as 'the period commencing on the date of the first league match on the fixture list of the League's first team competition and ending on the date of the last'. That's the season. It further says in the rules that 'the season is every team playing each other home and away'

Any lawyer will argue that breaching two very clear rules about what determines a season means that the season is nor completed and must therefore be null and void ...

Like running 300 metres in a 400m race ... there is no result.

Some sports have 'stopped in progress' rules, golf for example reverts to the end of the last completed round by all players, motor racing the last completed lap by all cars ... the key words there are 'completed' and 'all' in football the last 'completed by all' event was the 2018/19 season, unless the clubs all agree to some magic fudge, what other option is there that won't get struck down in court? and just which three clubs will agree to be relegated? or play with 5 relegation spots next season? why risk it

I keep hearing that for one of these many options being discussed to get actioned, they need a majority of 14+ premier clubs to agree.

I don’t know how true that is but if it is, I can’t see anything being agreed upon on in this instance as there are too many conflicting interests.

If nothing can be agreed upon, and the season is unable to be completed then surely the only option is to start the season again using last years standings?

Whatever happens, Liverpool's win (if indeed they are awarded one) will have a massive asterisk next to it. I like that.

Whatever happens, Liverpool's win (if indeed they are awarded one) will have a massive asterisk next to it. I like that.
Yeah think that would annoy them more than anything give them the league in theory but everyone will know you didn’t really win it.....
AF99-CC7-D-4-C5-F-4-F69-BBDD-1-E6-EA59-B08-A5.gif

We could give the dippers an honorary trophy. Then promote 4 teams and play with 24 next year. The 8 extra games will help make up for some of the lost revenue from this year. The owners of the current premier league clubs could each chip in some money to spread around the lower divisions so they won't all go broke.

It wouldn't be "extra" games; they'd be 'stolen' from the championship.... There's knock on effects with any move like that. It's not about the EPL; it's about the whole pyramid.

Interesting to think what happens to TV money for all the clubs. If the season is voided, the FA would have to pay back the money to Sky and what not.

It wouldn't be "extra" games; they'd be 'stolen' from the championship.... There's knock on effects with any move like that. It's not about the EPL; it's about the whole pyramid.
But then similarly teams from League 1 would be added to the Championship and so on. Only the league right at the bottom would have fewer teams than before. Compensating the lowest leagues would cost next to nothing for the FA.

just pretend this season never happened , and start again when ever we can like we did at the start of this season with the standing from the season before , Regarding the CL it’s only fair to make last seasons runners up this seasons winner ? :levyeyes:

since this thread was started I’ve had a think ( plus 7 pints)
Liverpool should be awarded fuck all and laughed at forever.

West Ham should be relegated just because they are all Gypsies and out and out Cunts, plus Karren Brady is the biggest slut bucket in the UK.
every Woolwich player and every Woolwich fan should be stabbed in the face with. a pair of rusty garden shears and we should be crowned champions because we have the longest bar in Europe and fill pint glasses up from the bottom.
YIDS!!!!!

Reasonable post and I prescribe more booze for you!

I think every team bar Liverpool, Leicester, Sheffield United, Manchester United and Wolves would vote to cancel the season if it was put to a vote.

United would 100% vote to cancel a Liverpool league win

Liverpool's issue is going to be that the majority of teams only hope to stay up - so no relegation wins every time

Back
Top Bottom